Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very Different NFL Combine This Year
I hadn't seen it posted yet, so figured I'd share. With COVID-19 seemingly worse than it's ever been, the NFL has decided to drastically change the Combine this year.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/16/nfl-scouting-combine-2021-drastically-altered-covid-19
Quote:League officials—with medical people, team personnel and National Football Scouting president Jeff Foster on the line—held a call Friday to discuss again how to proceed with the run-up to the 2021 NFL draft. According to well-placed sources, the idea of having the combine in Indianapolis in any sort of traditional manner on time is dead, and the overwhelming likelihood is that the performance and medical components are split up.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2021, 12:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I hadn't seen it posted yet, so figured I'd share. With COVID-19 seemingly worse than it's ever been, the NFL has decided to drastically change the Combine this year.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/16/nfl-scouting-combine-2021-drastically-altered-covid-19

Seems like a centralized place would be the best answer.

Hell all of March Madness will be in Indy. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2021, 12:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I hadn't seen it posted yet, so figured I'd share. With COVID-19 seemingly worse than it's ever been, the NFL has decided to drastically change the Combine this year.

TY for posting. I had seen awhile back they were thinking of 4 regional sites versus 1 site. If so, that would take a long time period unless they overlap the sessions that are like 5 or days long normally I believe.

If they split it, do we have the man power to do 4 sites properly? Or would they do a lot of it virtually? Lots of questions on the details need to be resolved.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2021, 02:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: TY for posting. I had seen awhile back they were thinking of 4 regional sites versus 1 site. If so, that would take a long time period unless they overlap the sessions that are like 5 or days long normally I believe.

If they split it, do we have the man power to do 4 sites properly? Or would they do a lot of it virtually? Lots of questions on the details need to be resolved.

That would be dumb.  People would be whining about different tracks like they do at Pro Days.  I don't see why it all can't be done at Indy and just have video of the performances and keep all the old, out of shape, coaches and scouts at home.  
Reply/Quote