Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panthers fire Joe Brady
He's frequently been discussed as a candidate fans wanted coaching the Bengals because of his Burrow connection. He's now available.

https://www.nfl.com/news/panthers-part-ways-with-oc-joe-brady-senior-offensive-assistant-jeff-nixon-will-
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 04:52 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: He's frequently been discussed as a candidate fans wanted coaching the Bengals because of his Burrow connection. He's now available.

https://www.nfl.com/news/panthers-part-ways-with-oc-joe-brady-senior-offensive-assistant-jeff-nixon-will-

As I said back in 2020, I wouldn't touch Brady with a 10 foot pole.

That LSU team was a product of Ensminger, (mainly), Burrow (secondarily) and then Brady.

Brady literally only brought in some concepts and plays; the entire O was devised by Ensminger and he called the plays, not Brady.

People go nuts on unprovens.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 04:52 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: He's frequently been discussed as a candidate fans wanted coaching the Bengals because of his Burrow connection. He's now available.

Yes lets hire a guy that just got fired with a losing team but let go a HC with a winning team.. lol
Reply/Quote
Joe Brady? I’ll take Tom Brady or Marcia Brady first.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 08:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Yes lets hire a guy that just got fired with a losing team but let go a HC with a winning team.. lol

I never said let's hire Brady... lol
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:50 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: As I said back in 2020, I wouldn't touch Brady with a 10 foot pole.

That LSU team was a product of Ensminger, (mainly), Burrow (secondarily) and then Brady.

Brady literally only brought in some concepts and plays; the entire O was devised by Ensminger and he called the plays, not Brady.

People go nuts on unprovens.

That's not much different than Zac Taylor being hired by the Bengals.  Everybody talked about how great the Rams offense was and how it would be nice to have that in Cincinnati so the Bengals went out and hired Taylor.  The problem is the Rams offense was Sean McVay's and it was McVay that was calling the plays.  If the Bengals wanted to get the person responsible for that Rams offense being so successful the guy they wanted was not Taylor but Sean McVay.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 08:38 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I never said let's hire Brady... lol

Good
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 08:56 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: That's not much different than Zac Taylor being hired by the Bengals.  Everybody talked about how great the Rams offense was and how it would be nice to have that in Cincinnati so the Bengals went out and hired Taylor.  The problem is the Rams offense was Sean McVay's and it was McVay that was calling the plays.  If the Bengals wanted to get the person responsible for that Rams offense being so successful the guy they wanted was not Taylor but Sean McVay.

Not at all the same.

I don't think a single person on the planet knew who Zac even was, unless they were a UC fan.

And even less gave him any credit for anything in the McVay offense. Once he was hired, people started mentioning his work with Goff but prior to that, crickets.

Everyone and their mother wanted Bieniemy and then Brady and Brady had people creaming their pants with the thought of getting him here.

Again, not the same in the slightest.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

No chance in the world he's getting a HC job.  At best, he'll get a lifeline like Hue Jackson did as a position coach on some roster to put heat on whatever OC the particular organization that hires him isn't happy with.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 11:02 AM)samhain Wrote: No chance in the world he's getting a HC job.  At best, he'll get a lifeline like Hue Jackson did as a position coach on some roster to put heat on whatever OC the particular organization that hires him isn't happy with.

Agreed, and I'd assume he'll have opportunities to be an OC at the college level.
Reply/Quote
well this would make his hiring awkward
Reply/Quote
The Panthers offense has been atrocious this year. This guy is really over hyped.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Sounds like this guy wasn't what everyone thought he was.
Reply/Quote