Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very pleased at what I saw today
(09-27-2015, 11:20 PM)McC Wrote: Looked like Peko played  a pretty good game.  The Ratbirds has no running game.  Really, Steve Smith was all they had.

And steve smith should have had his balls kicked in by Jones.  I hate that guy, and i'm a Smith.
[Image: forumpic2.jpg]
When I die, I will get to shake Mr. Paul Browns hand and hear him say "Damn, you never stopped believing, did you?"
Reply/Quote
Dalton is playing like a QB with his hair on fire.....
Reply/Quote
Andy threw for 386 yards on only 32 attempts. In comparison Joe Flaco threw for 362 yards on 49 attempts.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 11:39 PM)jtsmith38 Wrote: And steve smith should have had his balls kicked in by Jones.  I hate that guy, and i'm a Smith.

Hate him.  I get how good he is but why does he have to be such a world class a-hole?  Can't wait until he retires.  If he' not out there, the Ratbirds won't be able to score.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Did anyone notice AJ Green when Dalton ran it in? I didn't like the way he acted.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 11:48 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: Did anyone notice AJ Green when Dalton ran it in? I didn't like the way he acted.
How did he act?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 11:49 PM)McC Wrote: How did he act?

like he was mad that andy didn't throw it to him.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 11:51 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: like he was mad that andy didn't throw it to him.

He tends to look mad when he gets pumped.  Any chance it was that?

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 11:56 PM)McC Wrote: He tends to look mad when he gets pumped.  Any chance it was that?

It was right after he let a pass bounce off his face mask so I'm hoping he just really wanted to make up for that.
Reply/Quote
The team showed a lot of character, today. That made me smile.

I still have reservations about the interior OL, as the run blocking was crap. However, our run D did a pretty good job, too..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 10:34 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Great win and great tenacity to fight back by the offense when they surrendered the lead!! That said, the defense in the second half was atrocious with poor tackling and unsuccessful pass rush. To let an old man, Smith, put up the numbers and catches he did today is flat out embarrassing(he will not equal that statline in the next four games combined)!

Marvin's clock management probably cost them points and the playcalling when things started getting real was mind boggling.

Were you pleased with the defense?
The catches don't really bother me, as he has always been a great player and wiley vet.  But the yardage he racked up after the catch is both mind boggling and aggravating as hell.  So he made the 4th down conversion at mid-field.  Ok.  But then he runs 50 yards for the TD!!!  C'mon Man!
Reply/Quote
I am glad we held on for the victory but I would say that I am far from pleased. A win is a win and that is the most important stat column but we had them, several times, in the throat, pinned and we just didn't do what we had to do. Whether it be not taking a field goal, not scoring on the 3, not doing something with it half, the list goes on. I am glad we won and that will always be the most important factor but I think our lack of adjustments in the half will kill us.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
This is how you become a big dog--you win games like today.

And the team's attitude is we got a nice win but we have a lot of work to do. Perfect.

I'm gonna say it out loud now--this Bengals team might possibly be halfway decent.

Reply/Quote
I think our record by the end of the season minus the playoffs is going to be a good deal better than a lot of people think. There's only a handful of teams I think will beat us at this point. I'm figuring a split with Pittsburgh and maybe Baltimore and perhaps Arizona gives us a hard time. We finally got the Manning monkey off our back last year and I think we can beat both KC and the Bills. J. Football doesn't scare anyone so I can envision a 13-3 record.
Jeeez it would be great to be right about this just one season.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 11:46 PM)McC Wrote: Hate him.  I get how good he is but why does he have to be such a world class a-hole?  Can't wait until he retires.  If he' not out there, the Ratbirds won't be able to score.

I've met Steve Smith on two occasions and he is actually a pretty cool guy. Sure, he comes off as a douchebag when he's playing, but, he does (or did) a lot of stuff for the Charlotte area by running camps and donating time/money etc. My 7 year old participated in one of his camps and Smith took time out to talke to each kid and there were about 200 easily.

I also parked in front of him one time at a pizza joint. I was sitting in my car yapping on my cell phone and he was walking to his car. We locked eyes and I just nodded at him and smiled (I didn't want to say anything to piss him off but I didn't want to be a complete ***** either). He nodded back and said "How are you doing sir". I said "Good, thanks. Good luck this year". He said "Thanks, appreciate that".

Of course, he may have been drunk.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:26 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Is Dalton ready to win the "big games"?

I think so.  "He" won a big game last year vs. Denver and the team was in the game in Pittsburgh late in the 4th quarter.

It's a team game.  I don't think the question is whether Dalton is ready to win big games, it's whether the team is.  And I think that question was answered last year with some of the wins late in the  year.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:38 PM)Beaker Wrote: Marvin Jones should be getting more love for his part in this win. His two catches for big plays made the ravens have to account for him and not just double AJ.

Having Marvin back is huge!!
Reply/Quote
The team answered the call when it was necessary rather then wilting. It seemed like a rough atmosphere to play in at the end and it was awesome to see our guys respond and match their play every time they would get a score. It was a tough division game on the road and i was impressed. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 11:51 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: like he was mad that andy didn't throw it to him.

He still looked mad in the post game interview.  I wouldn't read anything into a players face when you can't hear what they are saying.
Reply/Quote
No doubt the return of some offensive weapons is a huge factor, but I will say Andy has been better. I have always been on the fence about him. Great guy, but average QB. What I see this year so far is a more relaxed, but focused player. The weapons help, but you still have to deliver.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote