Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very worried about secondary...
Leon Hall, Adam Jones, & Chris Lewis-Harris all haven't practiced the last 2 days.

If they don't practice on Friday, I think it will ,be a huge issue, meaning that only Dre will be only corner that is a starter playing.

George Iloka also hasn't practiced Thursday, this is terrible.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I'm sure it's just giving much needed rest to a few bumps and bruises. I'm sure two of those three will suit up if not all three.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
We're playing the Browns...

We could run Peko out there at CB, and be just fine.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 12:00 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: We're playing the Browns...  

We could run Peko out there at CB, and be just fine.

Yeah, they're starting Austin Davis (or whatever his name is) for god's sake.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 12:30 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Yeah, they're starting Austin Davis (or whatever his name is) for god's sake.

I would much rather face Johnny Fartball trying to play/behave his way out of Cleveland than Austin Davis.  I like the guy.  I don't think he has much of a supporting cast, but I like the kid.  
Reply/Quote
Browns are missing Haden and Gilbert lol not that Gilbert's any good but Joe is AJs kryptonanite so we're just makin it even Wink
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Lol we are playing a junior varsity squad we will be fine
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
No Eifert, no secondary, it's a road game, it's the Browns. Meh, who knows. I'll panic once the Bengals are down by 14 or more in the 4th. Until then, I say we sit Dalton this game and play McCarron and see if we can sit AJ and play Armon Binns or something.
Reply/Quote
The Browns, every so often, jump up and play a football game. Remember the Thursday game of 2014. Hope the team is not as cavalier about it as some of the people on here.
Reply/Quote
Other than the serious injury to Dennard there is nothing to get overly stressed about.

We have a good young rookie in Shaw that can get some experience from situations like this.

The only Browns WR that could cause any damage is Benjamin, and he is a deep threat guy...... our starters haven't exactly been superb against the deep ball anyways this season, so if they do hit some big plays, its nothing we haven't overcome before. We will be just fine.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 03:37 AM)Nately120 Wrote: No Eifert, no secondary, it's a road game, it's the Browns.  Meh, who knows.  I'll panic once the Bengals are UP by 14 or more in the 4th.  Until then, I say we sit Dalton this game and play McCarron and see if we can sit AJ and play Armon Binns or something.

Agreed 

I sure this doesn't end up like the Houston game. 

I don't care how bad the Browns are, it's an infer-conference game that needs to be taken seriously. 
Reply/Quote
Leon and Jones are vets and often miss practices along with Whit. They should be fine.

Reply/Quote
Would love to get the 2 seed and buy week at the end of the year to rest some of these guys up.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 04:28 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: The Browns, every so often, jump up and play a football game. Remember the Thursday game of 2014.  Hope the team is not as cavalier about it as some of the people on here.

Yeah, this is what worries me.  You just never know which team will show up to play us.  We need as many of our starters out there that we can get out there.  If we get out to a big lead, I have no problem sitting the starters and getting the back-ups some playing time.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 10:17 AM)PApinhead Wrote: Yeah, this is what worries me.  You just never know which team will show up to play us.  We need as many of our starters out there that we can get out there.  If we get out to a big lead, I have no problem sitting the starters and getting the back-ups some playing time.

our secondary is banged up...

theres doesnt exist.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 10:56 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: our secondary is banged up...

theres doesnt exist.

Pretty good way to sum it up.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 10:17 AM)PApinhead Wrote: Yeah, this is what worries me.  You just never know which team will show up to play us.  We need as many of our starters out there that we can get out there.  If we get out to a big lead, I have no problem sitting the starters and getting the back-ups some playing time.

I'm not so worried about which Browns team will show up, but rather which Bengals team will show up. The Bengals have proven year after year that they can shut down any time, any game. Factor all the injuries in, who really knows what we're going to see on Sunday.

Now, I fully expect the Bengals to win by several touchdowns. But who knows? Maybe we'll collapse in on ourselves like a dying star.
Reply/Quote
How can everyone be so unconcerned with the Browns when they have been beating us every year.

We have not swept the Browns since 2011, and one of those wins in '11 was on a last second FG. If we don't win that one then it would have been 6 years since we swept the Browns.

Austin Davis started 8 games for the Rams last year and posted a passer rating of 98 or better in 4 of them. He threw for 375 yrds and 3 tds against the Eagles and 327 yards and 3 tds against the Cowboys.

If Eifert and a bunch of our DBs are out then we could easily lose this game
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 12:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How can everyone be so unconcerned with the Browns when they have been beating us every year.

We have not swept the Browns since 2011, and one of those wins in '11 was on a last second FG. If we don't win that one then it would have been 6 years since we swept the Browns.

Austin Davis started 8 games for the Rams last year and posted a passer rating of 98 or better in 4 of them. He threw for 375 yrds and 3 tds against the Eagles and 327 yards and 3 tds against the Cowboys.

Browns find a way to Lose

and we have been finding Ways to Win..

Of course any given sunday they could find a way to win a game. and it might be this one but While davis played well for the rams last year he has had limited time with the browns so the lack of tape could hurt us.. but if we play fundamentally sound football our Talent should out play theirs it might not be a pretty win but we should be able to win.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2015, 12:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How can everyone be so unconcerned with the Browns when they have been beating us every year.

We have not swept the Browns since 2011, and one of those wins in '11 was on a last second FG.  If we don't win that one then it would have been 6 years since we swept the Browns.

Austin Davis started 8 games for the Rams last year and posted a passer rating of 98 or better in 4 of them.  He threw for 375 yrds and 3 tds against the Eagles and 327 yards and 3 tds against the Cowboys.

Maybe because this team is the best team we have had in the last decade and the Browns have taken a titanic dump this season.

The Browns have beaten us recently with strong defense.. something they clearly lack this year.
Reply/Quote