Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vets that could released this summer.
Glenn is not going anywhere, except to maybe another spot on the line. LT or RT, either way, he's one of the best 5 we can out out there right now. I think Westerman is most likely gone, unless he unseats Redmond, but Redmond just got extended. Westerman lacks lateral movement, but going North and South he is a mauler, so I guess it will come down to blocking schemes who makes the cut. Core needs to be gone. Malone needs to step it up. Ringo was playing pretty good last year, and I'm not sure how well Glasgow will play this year, since knees seem to take 2 years to recover from physically and mentally. Ryan is a really good player, I just don't expect much from him this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 11:03 PM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: I have a feeling Vinnie Rey won’t make the team. Much respect to him for years of professionalism and pretty darn good gameplay...;

Vincent Rey is not under contract so at this point it is a pretty good bet that he isn’t making the team.

Cordy Glenn is not going to be cut. Until proven otherwise he is the best tackle on the team.

A lot will come down to who of those bottom of the roster players produce on special teams. That is what protected players like Core and Nickerson (before he was thrust into starting) in the past.

So much speculation rides on how we knew Marvin constructed the team. Zac is likely to put an emphasis elsewhere

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 08:35 AM)pally Wrote: Vincent Rey is not under contract so at this point it is a pretty good bet that he isn’t making the team.

Cordy Glenn is not going to be cut.  Until proven otherwise he is the best tackle on the team.

A lot will come down to who of those bottom of the roster players produce on special teams.  That is what protected players like Core and Nickerson (before he was thrust into starting) in the past.  

So much speculation rides on how we knew Marvin constructed the team.  Zac is likely to put an emphasis elsewhere

I agree special team play is overlooked in here. Malone is at a disadvantage versus Core since he plays no special teams. Malone better step up as a WR, same for Tate. But the Wr's can breath a little since drafted no Wr's which was shocking.

We lost 5 roster spots I believe from 2018, so some guys will be in danger, some grave danger.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
The VERY BEST part of this is, with a new coach, there are no favorites, so the best players should see the field immediately,.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 08:35 AM)pally Wrote: Vincent Rey is not under contract so at this point it is a pretty good bet that he isn’t making the team.

Yep, Vinney is gone, they already assigned his number, 57, to Pratt...
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 08:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The VERY BEST part of this is, with a new coach, there are no favorites, so the best players should see the field immediately,.

I think so too. We may see something out of some of these players that we havent seen yet, especially the WR's imo. I hated the way Marvin did his depth chart. Taylor preaches getting the best players out there regardless of age and contract, and thats how you have a better team. Marvin had a 1950's mindset about that kind of stuff.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 09:18 AM)bengaloo Wrote: I think so too. We may see something out of some of these players that we havent seen yet, especially the WR's imo. I hated the way Marvin did his depth chart. Taylor preaches getting the best players out there regardless of age and contract, and thats how you have a better team. Marvin had a 1950's mindset about that kind of stuff.

Although I don't think Marvin was holding Ross back last year, I think what happened the year before destroyed Ross's confidence around Lewis. He has to be breathing a breath of fresh air with a new start.
Reply/Quote
Move Glenn to guard..he played OT and OG in college
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 09:35 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Move Glenn to guard..he played OT and OG in college

Glenn is still in the top 2 tackles on this team....  Whatever
Reply/Quote
My guess as to who goes

V. Rey
C. Cater
J. Driskel
J. Franks
H. Nickerson
A. Redmond
K. Perkins
M. Johnson
A. Smith
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 10:41 AM)Beaker Wrote: My guess as to who goes

V. Rey
C. Cater
J. Driskel
J. Franks
H. Nickerson
A. Redmond
K. Perkins
M. Johnson
A. Smith

Vinny Rey, Michael Johnson, and Andre Smith are free agents and are not on the roster

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 10:44 AM)pally Wrote: Vinny Rey, Michael Johnson, and Andre Smith are free agents and are not on the roster

We still have the option to re-sign, so I still say we don't.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 07:51 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: What was his PFF rating? I don't think he was 9 million good, but I don't recall him being 5.5 million Hart bad

I don't argue, it is a possibility, but I say slight possibility. I think they are thinking plug Williams into RT in 2019 and keep Glenn at left. Maybe give Williams so snaps at left so in 2020 Williams is the LT. Williams reminds me a lot of Whittworth, the scouts could not decide if he was a tackle or a guard, the Bengals played him at guard year 1 and then year 2 he played left tackle I believe.

Williams could play guard in 2019 also.
I don't think Glenn is leaving if he is healthy.

I think our OL just got better by bringing in Sample in both run and pass blocking.

His was the 60th rated Tackle at 60.9. That's bad. 

To be clear, I'm not saying this will definitely happen. Too often we want to dig into "sides" on here and figure out who is right or wrong. All I'm saying is that it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Glenn is cut in the next few months. There's plenty of reasons to, and the dead cap figure wouldn't be bad. Maybe Glenn will rebound this year and regain his old form. That'd be very nice.

But if they don't want to gamble $9.4 million on that, then he's probably gone. Jonah Williams will also be a big factor. If they really want to start him on the right side, they'll probably keep Glenn. I just don't think Glenn has justified keeping him (at his salary) based on his play alone. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
No votes for Dalton?

None of you think he will demand a trade or become a locker room cancer as the #2 QB?
Reply/Quote
Glenn has a big contract, but we are too thin at OT to release him.

It is not like we are up against the cap anyway.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 03:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Glenn has a big contract, but we are too thin at OT to release him.

It is not like we are up against the cap anyway.

At least you're bringing fair and good points. What if we signed another Tackle off the scrap heap or moved Michael Jordan to Tackle? He has the size.

...and no, we're not up against the cap, but that's still $9.4 million out of Mike's pocket, which is substantial for a player that has underperformed thus far.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 02:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: His was the 60th rated Tackle at 60.9. That's bad. 

To be clear, I'm not saying this will definitely happen. Too often we want to dig into "sides" on here and figure out who is right or wrong. All I'm saying is that it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Glenn is cut in the next few months. There's plenty of reasons to, and the dead cap figure wouldn't be bad. Maybe Glenn will rebound this year and regain his old form. That'd be very nice.

But if they don't want to gamble $9.4 million on that, then he's probably gone. Jonah Williams will also be a big factor. If they really want to start him on the right side, they'll probably keep Glenn. I just don't think Glenn has justified keeping him (at his salary) based on his play alone. 
It doesn't matter if he's rated 100th OT..... he's still in the top 2 on this team. Everyone saying move him to guard, or cut him, which tackle ON OUR TEAM are you going to replace him with? We won't get someone else's retread that is better than him. Even if Williams plays LT, Glenn is our best bet at RT. Glenn, playing on his knees, is better than Bobby Hart simply due to his massive size.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 11:43 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Jordan Willis, Kerry Wynn, Glasgow, Ringo, Nickerson,  Redmond, Westerman, and Tate all have to bring there A game if they want to make the roster.

Glasgow?  He played very well last season before the injury.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 09:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Although I don't think Marvin was holding Ross back last year, I think what happened the year before destroyed Ross's confidence around Lewis. He has to be breathing a breath of fresh air with a new start.

It is not uncommon for 3rd year players and this case receivers to break out, These guys are young and making a huge jump in competition. So, hopefully Ross can shine in the Taylor offense. If we stay healthy, we have some weapons already in Green, Boyd, Mixon and Eifert. There is only one ball to go to all of these guys.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2019, 02:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: His was the 60th rated Tackle at 60.9. That's bad. 

Glenn's main problem last season was health.  He looked good to me out there, until he started battling the injury bug.  It was so bad near the end of the season, they gave him an epidural before a game to try to get him on the field.  As a lineman, it's very tough to do your job with back issues that bad.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote