Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vic Beasley
I know some of u in here are gonna list all the negative and I concede that since Vic beasleys first season or two he hasn’t done a thing but he’s still young with a ton of talent and at this late in the FA period he’s gotta he had for cheap and he adds another pass rusher and fills lawsons role perfectly. Just curious if anyone else has given it a thought or if maybe there’s something I’m missing but to me personally I’d be all over him at this point. I really want another athletic hybrid pass rusher and I doubt we even consider Ronnie Perkins in the draft even tho he’s one of if not my fav prospect... so I say bring beasley in and see how he looks of he looks good and football ready sign him. Y’all a thoughts!?
Reply/Quote
He cant be much worse than Bledsoe. A new home and system may serve him well. I'd look at him if I were in the Bengals FO.
Reply/Quote
If the deal was cheap enough, then sure, take a look at him. The guy isn’t very good though. He mustered up 18 pressures in 2019, equivalent to Sam Hubbard and then he collected one pressure in 2020 on 125 snaps.

Some will say “well if he is similar to Sam Hubbard then let’s do it” but he achieved those pressures on more snaps than Hubbard did. He also isn’t very good against the run. So, basically, he could be an okay option as a situational pass rusher but he probably doesn’t want to be paid as a situational pass rusher. His contract with the Titans was $9.5m. He isn’t worth that, if it is what he wants.
Reply/Quote
I think it would be an asbolute no brainer to bring him in if the price is right.

The guy was an All-Pro and lead the NFL in sacks (15.5) in his 2nd year. He's never had any major injuries that I'm aware of. And he's still only 28 years old.

On top of all of this, there's two more things to consider: 1.) This will be his first year he's not making good money. If motivation/effort was a concern that may change now that he realizes his time is running out to secure a big payday. 2.) He's spent time at both DE and OLB. Now I'm not sure how that translates to our system, but he could offer some much needed versaility in different packages.

The fact of the matter is this team needs all the help they can get in rushing the passer. He may help. We need depth on the DL and in LB corp. He may help.

I really don't see a lot of downside here. Unless he's the world's worst locker room cancer ever, and he's completely out of shape and unmotivated, I can't come up with a single reason not to at least consider him. Wost case scenario he's a cheap depth piece or you cut bait.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 02:06 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I think it would be an asbolute no brainer to bring him in if the price is right.

The guy was an All-Pro and lead the NFL in sacks (15.5) in his 2nd year.  He's never had any major injuries that I'm aware of.  And he's still only 28 years old.

On top of all of this, there's two more things to consider:  1.) Last year was the first year he wasn't making good money.  If motivation/effort was a concern that may change now that he realize his time is running out to secure a big deal.  2.) He's spent time at both DE and OLB.  Now I'm not sure how that translates to our system, but he could offer some much needed versaility in different packages.

The fact of the matter is this team needs all the help they can get in rushing the passer.  He may help.  We need depth on the DL and in LB corp.  He may help.

I really don't see a lot of downside here.  Unless he's the world's worst locker room cancer ever, and he's completely out of shape and unmotivated, I can't come up with a single reason not to at least consider him.  Wost case scenario he's a cheap depth piece or you cut bait.

Damn I didnt know he was an All Pro. I remember he had that one good year, but didnt realize it was that good. Bring this dude in. Open up the draft even more. We have the money and the need, so why not...
Reply/Quote
Always open to letting someone prove it on a cap friendly deal if there is upside (which he possesses), but I temper excitement on dudes who seem to lack motivation and effort, which was a very prominent sentiment among Titan fans.
Reply/Quote
Beasley seemed to not do well after he left ATL, but he's only going to be 29 and did put up 8.0 sacks, 18 total pressures, and 42 total tackles in his final year in ATL in 2019.

If you think he's going to be better than Bledsoe and/or Kareem, it's worth bringing him in to compete for a spot.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd pass, we are going to draft a DE/Edge rusher fairly early in the draft, so I would hope we are looking at extentions for Hubbard/Bates with cap money, or a swing G/C type if Hopkins is unable to go.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 08:12 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: I'd pass, we are going to draft a DE/Edge rusher fairly early in the draft, so I would hope we are looking at extentions for Hubbard/Bates with cap money, or a swing G/C type if Hopkins is unable to go.

U say this with certainty so how early are u thinking and what prospects you see them looking at to draft cuz I think edge is still one of our biggest needs in regards to pass rush we got guys that can set the edge against the run but we are desperate for someone who’s a pure pass rusher imo.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2021, 11:47 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: U say this with certainty so how early are u thinking and what prospects you see them looking at to draft cuz I think edge is still one of our biggest needs in regards to pass rush we got guys that can set the edge against the run but we are desperate for someone who’s a pure pass rusher imo.

I think they are going with a guy in the 2nd or 3rd rd IMO, they need to add a guy and if their big board has one available they will jump at a position of need:

2nd round guys- Jayson Oweh (PSU) , Carlos Basham (Wake Forest) , Jaelon Phillips (Miami) , Joseph Ossai (Texas) Greg Rousseau (Miami) these guys if there in the 2nd would be good value.

3rd rd guys- this is the area I think that we will see one added:  Payton Turner (Houston), Rashad Weaver (Pitt) , Elerson Smith (N.Iowa) , Quincy Roche (Miami) Ronnie Perkins (Oklahoma)
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2021, 03:39 AM)schroomytunes Wrote: I think they are going with a guy in the 2nd or 3rd rd IMO, they need to add a guy and if their big board has one available they will jump at a position of need:

2nd round guys- Jayson Oweh (PSU) , Carlos Basham (Wake Forest) , Jaelon Phillips (Miami) , Joseph Ossai (Texas) Greg Rousseau (Miami) these guys if there in the 2nd would be good value.

3rd rd guys- this is the area I think that we will see one added:  Payton Turner (Houston), Rashad Weaver (Pitt) , Elerson Smith (N.Iowa) , Quincy Roche (Miami) Ronnie Perkins (Oklahoma)

U really think Perkins is going to last to the 3rd round bro!?
Reply/Quote
Remember this from Nov 3 2020?

The Tennessee Titans have decided to part ways with edge rusher Vic Beasley and defensive back Johnathan Joseph, the team announced Tuesday. Both had been signed to one-year deals in the offseason and were deemed unnecessary post-NFL trade deadline.

Beasley, 28, signed a one-year deal worth $9.5 million in March of 2020. The former No. 8 overall selection was a late arrival to Titans training camp and quickly made himself a distraction. Although he has appeared in five games, the Clemson product recorded just three tackles and one forced fumble. Tennessee was hoping that the free agent from Atlanta would provide a spark to the pass rush but, after seven games, the Titans are tied for the third fewest sacks in the NFL (7).

The 36-year-old Joseph played in all seven games for the Titans this season, and had recorded 28 combined tackles, four passes defensed and one interception. The former first-round pick had a rough outing against his former team in Week 8, however, which would explain why the team made the decision to move on from him this week.

In the Titans' 31-20 loss to the Bengals, rookie quarterback Joe Burrow completed 26 of 37 passes for 249 yards and two touchdowns. While that stat line may not make your head spin, Burrow was not sacked once and accomplished whatever he wanted against Tennessee's secondary -- especially when it came to targeting Joseph. According to ESPN's Ben Baby, when Joseph was the nearest defender on Sunday, Bengals wideouts caught 10 of 13 passes for 104 yards and a touchdown, via NFL Next Gen Stats.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'd give him a team-friendly deal if for no other reason than the fact that he played with Reader and for our new DL coach at Clemson. He might just be a fit here.
Reply/Quote