Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video: Kids in diapers swear at, attack cops in Minnesota
(07-22-2022, 04:13 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm a baby boomer. 

Anecdotally, most boomers I know spend more time online than I do, and I'm 100% a child of the internet and a gamer.

My point stands - young people do spend time on their phones and other devices, but so do old folks. It's just the world we live in.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 04:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Phone calls are outdated.  It's like when we were kids and our grandparents were like "Kids these days don't even know Morse code anymore!"*

I'll call you back later, im playing Atari 5200!**

* That's some funny shit right there. Although, since I think I'm older than you (see my point below) I don't remember my grandfather or father  saying that stuff to me. Although I do remember hearing remarks when I took my Mattel electronic football game everywhere.
[Image: s-l500.jpg]

** My ass was playing on the original Atari. I think it was the 2600. I loved that game at the time but hated the damn joysticks because they were easy to break when you got passionate about whatever game you were playing. I bought a retro about a year ago thinking it would be nice to play some of those old games. Man, I was wrong. Not sure what I ever seen in them. Although I did like Space Invaders and racing. Pitfall came out later and was amazing compared to its peers. But overall, graphics back then were shit.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 06:29 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: * That's some funny shit right there. Although, since I think I'm older than you (see my point below) I don't remember my grandfather or father  saying that stuff to me. Although I do remember hearing remarks when I took my Mattel electronic football game everywhere.

[Image: s-l500.jpg]

** My ass was playing on the original Atari. I think it was the 2600. I loved that game at the time but hated the damn joysticks because they were easy to break when you got passionate about whatever game you were playing. I bought a retro about a year ago thinking it would be nice to play some of those old games. Man, I was wrong. Not sure what I ever seen in them. Although I did like Space Invaders and racing. Pitfall came out later and was amazing compared to its peers. But overall, graphics back then were shit.

I had some hand me down of those Mattel sports games from older cousins. I also had an atari 2600, but I wanted to be a bit more obscure and mention the 5200 in My post. 

In college i hooked my ol 2600 up in the house and we'd play 4 player Warlords while others our age played Halo or Diablo. 
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 04:42 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: My point stands - young people do spend time on their phones and other devices, but so do old folks. It's just the world we live in.

Now wait a minute there Phil Collins: What are you referring to as old folks? 60's and above cant do shit with a smartphone (although there are exceptions). That's what I would consider old. Less than 60 is middle aged and I've not seen too many any of those guys have a problem. The difference between the two would be the pups (21 and under) really have no life skills in general once the battery runs dead on their phones. They struggle to communicate.

I would love to see a stat of the age limits of people being struck by a vehicle while walking and looking at their phones. My guess would be 21 and under would probably be 70% or more. 

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 06:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Now wait a minute there Phil Collins: What are you referring to as old folks? 60's and above cant do shit with a smartphone (although there are exceptions). That's what I would consider old. Less than 60 is middle aged and I've not seen too many any of those guys have a problem. The difference between the two would be the pups (21 and under) really have no life skills in general once the battery runs dead on their phones. They struggle to communicate.

I would love to see a stat of the age limits of people being struck by a vehicle while walking and looking at their phones. My guess would be 21 and under would probably be 70% or more. 

You need to get out some more. I can assure you plenty of old folks can use phones and computers just fine. Point of fact, I work with plenty of pups who don't touch their phones and are quite articulate and have impeccable people skills. If anything, I'm the odd man out as far as being a people person goes (but I famously hate people).

I don't worry about the folks who get hit by cars because they don't look both ways - I've had more than my fair share of people walk out in front of me because they think they're untouchable or think I'm going to stop. But as far as your example goes, I'm curious what the age of the drivers are that their reaction time is so shot they don't see pedestrians (even idiot illegal ones).
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 06:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Now wait a minute there Phil Collins: What are you referring to as old folks? 60's and above cant do shit with a smartphone (although there are exceptions).

There is a whole investigation going on to determine if a certain septuagenarian used his smart phone and social media to usher in the fall of the western world.  Personally, I blame Elvis' gyrating hips for the shortcomings of his generation, though.  Then again, what do you expect when he was raised in a world where women were allowed to vote?

Trouble ahead...that's what I see.  Always trouble ahead. 
Reply/Quote