Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video: Kids in diapers swear at, attack cops in Minnesota
(07-14-2022, 05:44 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: But those sorts of conversations don't get clicks on quality news sites like americanmilitarynews.com Ninja

What's wrong with American Military News?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 06:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm a bit amused we are freaking out about the existence of bad parents as if it is something new and we aren't on the path to upping the number of kids born to bad parents.

Looks like the village failed too.

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 06:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm a bit amused we are freaking out about the existence of bad parents as if it is something new and we aren't on the path to upping the number of kids born to bad parents.

I just wish we could see the same level of outrage when it comes to the coloring of classroom walls with the blood of children.

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 06:36 PM)Lucidus Wrote: I just wish we could see the same level of outrage when it comes to the coloring of classroom walls with the blood of children.

Dude, this is a garbage tier take.  You think anyone on this board wasn't appalled by the actions of that sick lunatic?  Just because we don't endorse a response to it that you find acceptable does not mean we were unaffected or not, "outraged."
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 07:04 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Dude, this is a garbage tier take.  You think anyone on this board wasn't appalled by the actions of that sick lunatic?  Just because we don't endorse a response to it that you find acceptable does not mean we were unaffected or not, "outraged."

Yes, the children got "thoughts and prayers".

Meanwhile, we're still arguing about the method of slaughter and whether some people might be inconvenienced by restrictions aimed at preventing as many of those slaughters as possible. Not just here, but everywhere.

It's utterly sickening, and is a cycle that simply repeats itself with nothing ever getting accomplished.

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 07:23 PM)Lucidus Wrote: It's utterly sickening, and is a cycle that simply repeats itself with nothing ever getting accomplished.

Welcome to American Politics or were you referring to something else?
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 06:36 PM)Lucidus Wrote: I just wish we could see the same level of outrage when it comes to the coloring of classroom walls with the blood of children.

Kids should be raised to be respectful and taught to contribute to the world. If they refuse, show discipline. Many families have done away with these values and we have declined because of it. Maybe there would be less school shootings if families go back to spending time and raising their kids right instead of letting a video game do it for them. So if your outraged over school shootings, then maybe this is where it all started?

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 07:26 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Welcome to American Politics or were you referring to something else?

Politicians for sure, but also people in general for not coming together regardless of party and demanding legitimate steps be taken to prevent the slaughtering of innocent children, up to and including gun related issues. 

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 07:30 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Kids should be raised to be respectful and taught to contribute to the world. If they refuse, show discipline. Many families have done away with these values and we have declined because of it. Maybe there would be less school shootings if families go back to spending time and raising their kids right instead of letting a video game do it for them. So if your outraged over school shootings, then maybe this is where it all started?

Look around. Look at what children are seeing. Politicians, law enforcement, religion, the SCOTUS, an alarming number of the population --- extremely flawed, bordering on the absurd, acting far worse than any child in it's worst moments. 

This is the world they are seeing, and will be experiencing. Even good parenting can only have so much of an influence. What happens if you raise your child well and they ends up being a hardcore Trump acolyte, behaving as the petulant child they weren't raised to be?

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 07:23 PM)Lucidus Wrote: Yes, the children got "thoughts and prayers".

No, the children got shot by a sick freak.

Quote:Meanwhile, we're still arguing about the method of slaughter and whether some people might be inconvenienced by restrictions aimed at preventing as many of those slaughters as possible. Not just here, but everywhere.

No, "we're" not arguing about anything.  The right to own a firearm is a Constitutional right, not a suggestion or a favor.  Freedoms will be abused by the worst elements of society, that does not mean the rest of society should lose those freedoms because of that.  I know many in the UK find this hard to wrap their heads around, but I then remind myself that you're also comfortable with imprisoning people for stating their opinion, or teaching a dog to do the Nazi salute as an obvious joke.  Given the choice between these two systems I'll take ours everyday and twice on Sunday.

Quote:It's utterly sickening, and is a cycle that simply repeats itself with nothing ever getting accomplished.

What do you mean by accomplished?  Do you mean a change in our Constitution?  No, that's certainly not going to happen, not on this issue.  I'm all for doing what can be done to prevent these shootings that doesn't involve infringing on our rights, but I'm not, and will never be, comfortable surrendering my right to own a firearm and protect me and my family.  If you don't get that, or find it abhorrent, that's fine.  It certainly doesn't change my position.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 07:34 PM)Lucidus Wrote: Politicians for sure, but also people in general for not coming together regardless of party and demanding legitimate steps be taken to prevent the slaughtering of innocent children, up to and including gun related issues. 

And this is why. Your sentence provides evidence of why parties/people are not coming together to solve important issues. You can’t ask me to participate, if part of your solution is to take something away from me. You’ll never get people working together to solve a problem this way.

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 07:47 PM)Lucidus Wrote: What happens if you raise your child well and they ends up being a hardcore Trump acolyte, behaving as the petulant child they weren't raised to be?

Your not looking to solve problems, your looking to start them.

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 07:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, the children got shot by a sick freak.

No, "we're" not arguing about anything.  The right to own a firearm is a Constitutional right, not a suggestion or a favor.  Freedoms will be abused by the worst elements of society, that does not mean the rest of society should lose those freedoms because of that.  I know many in the UK find this hard to wrap their heads around, but I then remind myself that you're also comfortable with imprisoning people for stating their opinion, or teaching a dog to do the Nazi salute as an obvious joke.  Given the choice between these two systems I'll take ours everyday and twice on Sunday.

What do you mean by accomplished?  Do you mean a change in our Constitution?  No, that's certainly not going to happen, not on this issue.  I'm all for doing what can be done to prevent these shootings that doesn't involve infringing on our rights, but I'm not, and will never be, comfortable surrendering my right to own a firearm and protect me and my family.  If you don't get that, or find it abhorrent, that's fine.  It certainly doesn't change my position.

I've worked in the UK for the past 5 years, but I lived in the States for 42 years after my parents moved from Norway, so my positions have nothing to do with being in the UK. 

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 07:59 PM)Lucidus Wrote: I've worked in the UK for the past 5 years, but I lived in the States for 42 years after my parents moved from Norway, so my positions have nothing to do with being in the UK. 

Thank you for that information.  It changes literally nothing in my argument regarding the laws in the US.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 07:55 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Your not looking to solve problems, your looking to start them.

I provided an example of how even the best intentions of a parent can fail once a child enters the adult world. Please don't accuse me of "starting problems" by simply expressing my thoughts, as is everyone here.

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 08:02 PM)Lucidus Wrote: I provided an example of how even the best intentions of a parent can fail once a child enters the adult world. Please don't accuse me of "starting problems" by simply expressing my thoughts, as is everyone here.

That's not really relevant to a thread about children in diapers talking like longshoremen and hitting police officers though, is it?
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 08:00 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Thank you for that information.  It changes literally nothing in my argument regarding the laws in the US.

To say that is to ignore the data in comparison with the rest of the world. There is a very staggering problem in America as it pertains to guns, shootings and deaths resulting from. How do you ever go about addressing without taking the gun restrictions into account in a serious way? Guns have become uncomfortably and disturbingly fetishized by the American public, in my opinion. The gun has become part of the self-identity to many people. 

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 08:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: That's not really relevant to a thread about children in diapers talking like longshoremen and hitting police officers though, is it?

The topic of raising kids and how they turn out hasn't been brought up? 

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 08:20 PM)Lucidus Wrote: To say that is to ignore the data in comparison with the rest of the world. There is a very staggering problem in America as it pertains to guns, shootings and deaths resulting from. How do you ever go about addressing without taking the gun restrictions into account in a serious way? Guns have become uncomfortably and disturbingly fetishized by the American public, in my opinion. The gun has become part of the self-identity to many people. 

When my father was younger you could literally buy a rifle at the grocery store, just put it in your cart and check out.  The guns are not the problem.  If they were then we'd have been awash in these types of shootings our entire history.  So, something else is the problem.  Focusing on the gun isn't fixing anything and never will.  The only way to solve this from your position is to ban guns and confiscate them.  This is obviously unconstitutional.  You want to get on board with addressing inner city violence and its myriad causes, I'm with you.  You want to address the mental health issues that younger people, especially young men, are facing, I'm right there with you.  You want to take away my rights because other people suck, you've lost me completely.

(07-14-2022, 08:23 PM)Lucidus Wrote: The topic of raising kids and how they turn out hasn't been brought up? 

Once your kids are teenagers they are exposed to numerous influences that you have very limited control over. At that point you do what you can and trust that you provided them with a solid foundation to be a good human being.  This thread is about literal diaper aged children cursing at police and hitting them.  Not the same thing.  Both are certainly about parenting, to be sure, but it's not the same thing as discussing late adolescent/young adult behaviors.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 07:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: And this is why. Your sentence provides evidence of why parties/people are not coming together to solve important issues. You can’t ask me to participate, if part of your solution is to take something away from me. You’ll never get people working together to solve a problem this way.

It seems to me like our major political parties make their hay by promising to take stuff away, so this is beyond a moot point isn't it?
Reply/Quote