Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video: Kids in diapers swear at, attack cops in Minnesota
(07-14-2022, 08:33 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Once your kids are teenagers they are exposed to numerous influences that you have very limited control over. At that point you do what you can and trust that you provided them with a solid foundation to be a good human being.  This thread is about literal diaper aged children cursing at police and hitting them.  Not the same thing.  Both are certainly about parenting, to be sure, but it's not the same thing as discussing late adolescent/young adult behaviors.

This doesn't seem to pertain to little diaper aged children hitting cops either.

(07-14-2022, 01:53 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I was interviewing a person related to one of my cases, this was in Compton around ten or so years ago.  The woman's son was playing Xbox on the couch, was around six or seven and had no shirt on.  The last part is relevant as it looked like he had a word tattooed across his chest.  The mom got a phone call she said she had to take so I had a moment.  I approached the kid and asked what he was playing (Grand Theft Auto btw) and sure enough, he legit had his name tattooed across his chest in large gothic lettering.  Needless to say DCFS got a call from me as soon as I left the apartment.  

I can also tell you that I've been in the field late at night and seen children dressed exactly as they are in the video in OP loitering around a playground.  Sometime they are "supervised" by children a few years older than them, and sometimes not.  It is amazing just how many really shitty parents there are out there, and there kids routinely turn out like OP's video.

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 07:30 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Kids should be raised to be respectful and taught to contribute to the world. If they refuse, show discipline. Many families have done away with these values and we have declined because of it. Maybe there would be less school shootings if families go back to spending time and raising their kids right instead of letting a video game do it for them. So if your outraged over school shootings, then maybe this is where it all started?

For sure

Being courteous, polite, respectful, gracious and so on these values are all but gone in today's society. You see it everywhere all day long. Nobody gives a damn about anybody else. It's sad we've devolved into this way of life.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 08:43 PM)Lucidus Wrote: This doesn't seem to pertain to little diaper aged children hitting cops either.

Then I have to question your reading comprehension.  Both of those scenarios are specifically about pre adolescent children and their lack of parental guidance/supervision.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 01:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Copied and pasted the actual article title for the thread subject. Article is from American Military News. https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/07/video-kids-in-diapers-swear-at-attack-cops-in-minnesota/

I Read this today and while others are shocked, I wasn't. Video is in the link above. I guess with all the BS we have going on in our country today, one could find it easy to blame politics, community, schools, police, etc. However, I'm one who believes children reflect good/bad parenting, which is why many parents feel responsible when their children do wrong. 

Where did they get a Baby Brad Fritz video?
Reply/Quote
“The shit apple doesn’t fall far from the shit tree, Rand’.” -Jim Lahey
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 08:48 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Then I have to question your reading comprehension.  Both of those scenarios are specifically about pre adolescent children and their lack of parental guidance/supervision.

My post also addressed children and parental guidance.

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 09:06 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: “The shit apple doesn’t fall far from the shit tree, Rand’.” -Jim Lahey

RIP sweet prince.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 08:45 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: For sure

Being courteous, polite, respectful, gracious and so on these values are all but gone in today's society. You see it everywhere all day long. Nobody gives a damn about anybody else. It's sad we've devolved into this way of life.

What can ya do?  We don't admire or respect people because they are kind or polite, we admire people who are powerful and/or have money.  We have a warped idea of what "success" looks like.

Mr. Rogers, be not proud.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 09:09 PM)Lucidus Wrote: My post also addressed children and parental guidance.

Sigh.

Would you not agree there is an enormous difference between a child and an adolescent/young adult?  Especially where the issue of parental influence and guidance is concerned?  Discussing parental influence on young children is quite a different discussion than discussing parental influence on adolescents and post adolescents.  If we can't agree on that then just tell me so I can stop wasting time trying to explain the difference.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 09:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What can ya do?  We don't admire or respect people because they are kind or polite, we admire people who are powerful and/or have money.  We have a warped idea of what "success" looks like.

I know this is a bit off topic, but I loved Mr. Rogers when I was a kid, and still do.  I loved his "operas" and my favorite uncle really upset me once when he made fun of them.  If you've never seen this, and like Fred Rogers at all, I highly encourage you to watch it.  What an outstanding human being that man was.

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 09:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I know this is a bit off topic, but I loved Mr. Rogers when I was a kid, and still do.  I loved his "operas" and my favorite uncle really upset me once when he made fun of them.  If you've never seen this, and like Fred Rogers at all, I highly encourage you to watch it.  What an outstanding human being that man was.

I loved Mr. Rogers as a kid and realized as an adult what an absolute national treasure he is.  But let's be honest...the guy was a woke 143 pound vegetarian soyboy who talked about feelings and invited kids into his make believe puppet land.  If he were alive today he'd be accused of indoctrinating kids to be PC betas and/or Alex Jones would be telling people he's probably sex trafficking children.

Our love for people who are the complete opposite of Mr. Rogers is depressing, but not surprising.  Remember, we're under attack now and you'll never take back your country with weakness.  Mr. Rodgers only exudes strength if you look beyond the exterior.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 09:14 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Sigh.

Would you not agree there is an enormous difference between a child and an adolescent/young adult?  Especially where the issue of parental influence and guidance is concerned?  Discussing parental influence on young children is quite a different discussion than discussing parental influence on adolescents and post adolescents.  If we can't agree on that then just tell me so I can stop wasting time trying to explain the difference.

Would you agree that a young child eventually becomes an adult?

Assuming you believe that, it should be rather obvious that when we are discussing how a child isn't be raised properly, or how a child should be raised, we are doing so with the end product (adulthood) in mind. Otherwise, it's nonsensical. We want to teach and influence our children in a way that produces reasonably well-adjusted adults in society, although it doesn't always work out.

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 09:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What can ya do?  We don't admire or respect people because they are kind or polite, we admire people who are powerful and/or have money.  We have a warped idea of what "success" looks like.

I wish I had an answer. I believe one of the bigger reasons is the dehumanization of society. What I mean is the majority of the US, especially 40 and under live their lives in near total separation for other humans all day long. Everywhere you look everybody has their face buried in a cell phone. People don't talk, people don't neighbor, people don't interact.

And it gets worse everyday. Kids (anybody under 30) won't even answer the phone. You call them and they'll text you back, what ? I'm playing playstation.
Reply/Quote
While training your kids to hate the police seems counter productive, I can't say if I had black kids that I wouldn't tell them the police aren't guaranteed to treat them like friends. I can't say this is wrong much more than I can say it's wrong for my army pals to hate arabs. It isn't my place to tell people to mellow out.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 09:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I wish I had an answer. I believe one of the bigger reasons is the dehumanization of society. What I mean is the majority of the US, especially 40 and under live their lives in near total separation for other humans all day long. Everywhere you look everybody has their face buried in a cell phone. People don't talk, people don't neighbor, people don't interact.

And it gets worse everyday. Kids (anybody under 30) won't even answer the phone. You call them and they'll text you back, what ? I'm playing playstation.

We live in a world where teachers are demonized and TikTokers are adored.

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 09:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: While training your kids to hate the police seems counter productive, I can't say if I had black kids that I wouldn't tell them the police aren't guaranteed to treat them like friends. I can't say this is wrong much more than I can say it's wrong for my army pals to hate arabs. It isn't my place to tell people to mellow out.

As a white troublemaking and law breaking teen and early adult,
the police were never friendly to me. That white privilege blew right past me and must’ve hit my neighbor or something!

Edit: Nor should they have been friendly, I probably interrupted their lunch breaks.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 09:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I loved Mr. Rogers as a kid and realized as an adult what an absolute national treasure he is.  But let's be honest...the guy was a woke 143 pound vegetarian soyboy who talked about feelings and invited kids into his make believe puppet land.  If he were alive today he'd be accused of indoctrinating kids to be PC betas and/or Alex Jones would be telling people he's probably sex trafficking children.

Our love for people who are the complete opposite of Mr. Rogers is depressing, but not surprising.  Remember, we're under attack now and you'll never take back your country with weakness.  Mr. Rodgers only exudes strength if you look beyond the exterior.

I can't say I agree with your assessment of how he'd be received today.  I think an earnest and kind man like that is obvious to most, if not all people who experience them.  Fred Rogers sincerely, and obviously, cared about the well being and development of children and I don't think there's a point were such a person is discounted or vilified by any but the most extreme, and ignorable, fringe.  

I 100% agree with your assessment of him as a national treasure.  They really broke the mold with that man.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 09:30 PM)Lucidus Wrote: Would you agree that a young child eventually becomes an adult?

Assuming you believe that, it should be rather obvious that when we are discussing how a child isn't be raised properly, or how a child should be raised, we are doing so with the end product (adulthood) in mind. Otherwise, it's nonsensical. We want to teach and influence our children in a way that produces reasonably well-adjusted adults in society, although it doesn't always work out.

Would you agree that childhood events and teachings are far more impactful on a person's psyche and development than those of adolescents?  As someone who spent a large chunk of their early adulthood working with abused children I can assure you this is the case.  You can build a house from the top down, but it's much more difficult and it's much more likely the results will be less than ideal than if you build from the foundation up.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 09:45 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: As a white troublemaking and law breaking teen and early adult,
the police were never friendly to me. That white privilege blew right past me and must’ve hit my neighbor or something!

Edit: Nor should they have been friendly, I probably interrupted their lunch breaks.

Hmm, some would argue you having the luxury to even doubt that you had privilege could be a sign of privilege. 
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 09:54 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I can't say I agree with your assessment of how he'd be received today.  I think an earnest and kind man like that is obvious to most, if not all people who experience them.  Fred Rogers sincerely, and obviously, cared about the well being and development of children and I don't think there's a point were such a person is discounted or vilified by any but the most extreme, and ignorable, fringe.  

I 100% agree with your assessment of him as a national treasure.  They really broke the mold with that man.

Maybe I'm going overboard with my cynical lack of faith in our current culture, but this certainly seems like the thread to do so.  We know Alex Jones makes a fortune convincing people to threaten and harass people who had their children murdered, so I'm not so sure anything is off limits with him and his ilk.
Reply/Quote