Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video: NFL Network Bengals 2016 Season Outlook - 7-9
Marvin Lewis should play that in front of the entire team, before every game this season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
You'd think these guys wouldn't want to look like damn fools on tv....
Reply/Quote
NFL.com's Adam Rank (yeah, I have never heard of him either) predicted the Bengals would be 4-12.
Reply/Quote
First, I hope you all realized that one of my season predictions was just me shitposting.

With that out of the way, I'm not surprised the NFL still doubts us. For some reason, they decided that the Bengals should've ended after Palmer left.
Reply/Quote
I disagree with this prediction, but let's remember the line between 7-9 and 9-7 is practically invisible. Bad breaks happen all the time in the NFL. We can downplay the loss of Sanu and Jones, but they were veteran WRs who knew where they were supposed to be in our system. Who knows if Eiffert can stay healthy, while Kroft has shown promise we can't expect him to be the same level of Eiffert. We are putting a new Safety in the back end of our defense, while he was good in limited action it is yet to be seen what he can do over a full season. Burffict will miss time to start the year and we still haven't gotten great play from our LB's as of recent years.

As I said I disagree, but 7-9 isn't a crazy prediction. Now 4-12 is crazy and someone just looking to make headlines, but 7-9 could be reasonable if you assume there has to be a back slide at sometime. Remember there aren't many teams in the NFL currently who have as many consecutive playoff appearances. If the logic is, at some point they have to have a hiccup it wouldn't be the craziest thing in the world.
Reply/Quote
What were their predictions each of the last 3 years? If they were close, I will respect their opinion. My guess is they were not and are just a bunch of talking biased talking heads.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2016, 10:16 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: What were their predictions each of the last 3 years? If they were close, I will respect their opinion. My guess is they were not and are just a bunch of talking biased talking heads.

The guy on the right, Elliot Harrison, wrote the following on September 2, 2015 for the Bengals 2015 season:

“CINCINNATI BENGALS

Ceiling: 12-4. The Bengals' talent level hits the high-water mark once again. After all, 21-on-21, Cincy can compete with anybody. Ah ... but that 22nd guy is Andy Dalton, from whom you're not sure what you'll get on any given day. Still, in this scenario, Dalton repeats his 2013 season, throwing for over 30 touchdowns, while A.J. Green, Marvin Jones and Tyler Eifert produce, week in and week out.

Floor: 7-9. Jeremy Hill plods his way to just 800 yards in a big, fat sophomore slump. Geno Atkins, Vontaze Burfict and -- especially -- Michael Johnson fail to return to previous heights. Realistically, I don't see Cincy going 7-9 or even 8-8, unless Dalton throws 25 interceptions or plays like he did against Cleveland in that Thursday night debacle (30.3 percent completion rate, 86 yards, no touchdowns, three picks, two sacks, 2.0 passer rating) last season.”

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000520202/article/afc-ceilingfloor-scenarios-colts-broncos-have-great-potential
Reply/Quote