Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video: Princeton professor Liz Harman on abortion.
James Franco's reaction is hilarious. I can't imagine he is some pro life guy but his reactions are priceless to this loon.

Spoken like a philosophy professor. If I understand her correctly, she's saying that fetus has no life experiences and no moral dilemma occurs unless the mother wants to keep the baby, at which point she assigns a moral status to the baby as she assigns a future to the fetus as a person.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-12-2017, 05:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: James Franco's reaction is hilarious.   I can't imagine he is some pro life guy but his reactions are priceless to this loon.  

pot calling the kettle black
People suck
So, when does "Moral Status" begin?

She's saying that because someone decides to deny "Moral Status" to a fetus, it has no "Moral Status" because someone decided for the fetus.

Since the fetus has no life experience, then when does that fetus gain "Moral Status" without someone making the decision for him/her?

Can't the same be applied to infants then since that child has no life experience?
(08-12-2017, 07:39 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: So, when does "Moral Status" begin?

She's saying that because someone decides to deny "Moral Status" to a fetus, it has no "Moral Status" because someone decided for the fetus.

Since the fetus has no life experience, then when does that fetus gain "Moral Status" without someone making the decision for him/her?

Can't the same be applied to infants then since that child has no life experience?

If I'm reading Pat's comment correctly (didn't watch the video yet) it seems this was a philosophical discussion.  Those kinds of questions would be part of the other side of that discussion.  Not a matter of determining what is legal or law...just a thought discussion on it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-12-2017, 07:39 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: So, when does "Moral Status" begin?

Yup this is why James Franco was making faces. It's nonsense!
(08-12-2017, 07:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: If I'm reading Pat's comment correctly (didn't watch the video yet) it seems this was a philosophical discussion.  Those kinds of questions would be part of the other side of that discussion.  Not a matter of determining what is legal or law...just a thought discussion on it.

Yea, it's a philosophy web series. James Franco was being James Franco, making the same face he makes 95% of the time. 

Slow news day for conservative media outlets. After one of their Nazi's killed a woman, they had to avoid talking about their freedom of speech being infringed upon. 

(08-12-2017, 11:18 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, it's a philosophy web series. James Franco was being James Franco, making the same face he makes 95% of the time. 

Slow news day for conservative media outlets. After one of their Nazi's killed a woman, they had to avoid talking about their freedom of speech being infringed upon. 

So, since I think abortion should be illegal, I'm a Nazi? 

Lol
(08-12-2017, 11:25 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: So, since I think abortion should be illegal, I'm a Nazi? 

Lol

No, I'm referring to conservative media outlets that defend American Neo Nazis trying to make a story out of a philosophical discussion between some philosophy professors and an actor.