Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willis Should Start
Billings and Glasgow are slow. You could time their 40 yard dash with a sundial.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 07:09 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Billings and Glasgow are slow.  You could time their 40 yard dash with a sundial.

They aren't here to win no forty FIK.

Billings is coming off of injury, he will get better.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 07:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They aren't here to win no forty FIK.

Billings is coming off of injury, he will get better.

I hope you're right. I'm just frustrated no one on this defensive line can stuff the run at or behind the line.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 07:19 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I hope you're right.  I'm just frustrated no one on this defensive line can stuff the run at or behind the line.

For sure my biggest problem with this Preseason. The play of all the DT's not named Geno.

Billings is so young though, i still think he could be great next to Geno. Sims has not played well but Billings has not played
well enough to take the starting spot from him yet either. He has to take it from him. Billings, Glasgow and Tapou were all
great run stoppers in college.

Don't know what is going on here. Hope we improve stopping the run big time. Has not looked good the last two games.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 07:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure my biggest problem with this Preseason. The play of all the DT's not named Geno.

Honest question: Did the Bengals screw the pooch by letting Domata Peko walk? They love him in Denver.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 07:30 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Honest question:  Did the Bengals screw the pooch by letting Domata Peko walk?  They love him in Denver.

Hell no, been wanting to move on from Peko for years. Billings will be atleast as good as Peko was last year.

Peko looked pretty good against the Packers though, but it is Preseason still man.

Peko knows how to fire up a crowd and take up space. He is still only a one trick pony.

Maybe going to another team lit a fire under his ass but i doubt he plays like he did against Green Bay all year.

Billings has major upside, Peko has none and has fell off for years.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 07:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hell no, been wanting to move on from Peko for years. Billings will be atleast as good as Peko was last year.

Peko looked pretty good against the Packers though, but it is Preseason still man.

Peko knows how to fire up a crowd and take up space. He is still only a one trick pony.

Maybe going to another team lit a fire under his ass but i doubt he plays like he did against Green Bay all year.

Billings has major upside, Peko has none and has fell off for years.

I can live with that answer. I'm just not on the Billings Bandwagon yet.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 05:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Willis can stop the run and rush the passer.

I start Willis and use MJ in the rotation and as a nickel DT like yesterday when he made the good play.

He is really quick for a DT. Maybe not a coincidence he looked good there.

I see Willis and Smith playing a lot. MJ? I think has a role, like Giberry had, DE+DT.  I was impressed by Josh Tapuo in the minutes he played.  The guy is HUGE and  hard to block. However.... Sims is also a very big guy.  Clark likely sticks but has to have a good year.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 07:30 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Honest question:  Did the Bengals screw the pooch by letting Domata Peko walk?  They love him in Denver.

Peko always seemed to start the season strong and then run out of gas around the 4th game.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 11:55 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure and it ain't been quiet. Willis has stood out beating his man consistently just like Chris Smith and Lawson
yesterday on the Probowler Trent Williams. That was an awesome performance against one of the best LT's in the
game. Impressed with all these guys but Willis should start at RDE over MJ.

MJ had a nice sack yesterday that pry made sure he made the team though. Maybe he should play DT lol

I want to see Chris Smith at RDE every snap that isn't first and 10 and I want to see Willis rotating with him there as well as with Dunlap at LDE.  

The one guy that really hasn't shown much (that we expect a lot of) is Atkins?
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 05:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Willis can stop the run and rush the passer.

I start Willis and use MJ in the rotation and as a nickel DT like yesterday when he made the good play.

He is really quick for a DT. Maybe not a coincidence he looked good there.

I like Willis, and hope he is good enough to start by the end of the season.

But early on, I prefer to not start rookies if there is no glaring need to. That doesnt mean Willis and SMith shouldn't play. Not at all. But I like MJ in there on 1st downs due to him being a veteran that knows the pro game and can help stop the run better by having better knowledge of reading the offense at snap. Then bring in the rooks when it gets 2nd & 3rd and long. 

But if MJ isnt cutting it, then make a move sooner than later. At least the rooks will have some time to absorb the speed of the game from a mental and physical standpoint.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2017, 11:46 PM)redwood Wrote: I see Willis and Smith playing a lot. MJ? I think has a role, like Giberry had, DE+DT.  I was impressed by Josh Tapuo in the minutes he played.  The guy is HUGE and  hard to block. However.... Sims is also a very big guy.  Clark likely sticks but has to have a good year.

Tapou will have to beat out Glasgow for that last DT spot to make the team who was a 4th round pick.

Don't know if this happens. All i know is that Tapou can stop the run, he was great at this in college.

But so was Billings and Glasgow. Like i said, Billings is really young and is coming off injury, he will get better.

Sims has been the DT i have been the least impressed with this Preseason.

(08-29-2017, 01:02 AM)blt4584 Wrote: Peko always seemed to start the season strong and then run out of gas around the 4th game.

Yep.

(08-29-2017, 09:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I want to see Chris Smith at RDE every snap that isn't first and 10 and I want to see Willis rotating with him there as well as with Dunlap at LDE.  

The one guy that really hasn't shown much (that we expect a lot of) is Atkins?

That is what is cool about Willis, he can play both sides at a high level.

I don't blame Geno with Sims playing so bad next to him.

Geno will be alright once Billings improves and becomes a starter IMHO.

(08-29-2017, 11:37 AM)Millhouse Wrote: I like Willis, and hope he is good enough to start by the end of the season.

But early on, I prefer to not start rookies if there is no glaring need to. That doesnt mean Willis and SMith shouldn't play. Not at all. But I like MJ in there on 1st downs due to him being a veteran that knows the pro game and can help stop the run better by having better knowledge of reading the offense at snap. Then bring in the rooks when it gets 2nd & 3rd and long. 

But if MJ isnt cutting it, then make a move sooner than later. At least the rooks will have some time to absorb the speed of the game from a mental and physical standpoint.

Good point about experience but Willis already acts like a veteran and is ten times as disruptive as MJ and can stop the run.

I expect Willis to start soon enough. MJ will be in the rotation though for sure.
Reply/Quote