Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video evidence of referee and announcer bias
I tried posting this video in several threads... But it seems nobody pays attention to a video link way down a thread, so I'm starting my own thread with it.

Please watch this video and tell me again how dirty Burfict is...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D8eognJrC1Q

I think this video is all the evidence you need for proof referees and announcers can look at the exact same play in the exact same game but see it differently entirely based on which team makes the play.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Working on fixing that - give me a minute...

Ok, fixed.
Reply/Quote
The only thing that video does is save face with some Bengals fans. Everyone else doesn't care. We are the dirty team in their eyes because they are being programmed to see it that way. We got ****** plain and simple.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:43 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: The only thing that video does is save face with some Bengals fans. Everyone else doesn't care. We are the dirty team in their eyes because they are being programmed to see it that way. We got ***** plain and simple.

As more time passes I'm discouraged how people really are so much like sheep and believe what they're told over what they see when it's right in front of them.  Crazy thing is, that includes some fans of this team on these boards also.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:55 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: As more time passes I'm discouraged how people really are so much like sheep and believe what they're told over what they see when it's right in front of them.  Crazy thing is, that includes some fans of this team on these boards also.

Our fans pissed on opposing ans and threw bottles at an injured player.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:09 AM)tlotharw Wrote: Our fans pissed on opposing ans and threw bottles at an injured player.

There are dungheaps in every fanbase.
That being said throwing stuff all over the field should be reserved for Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
The fan reaction was partly because when you are loyal fans who pay that much for playoff tickets and see the exact same plays going one way for the opposing team and being called differently against your team it creates a mob. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't behave that way and I'm opposed to that behavior. But: 1) the referees are partly to blame for creating mob reaction to inconsistent play calling ; and 2) lack of a Sam Wyche kind of leader who even showed previously how to handle this kind of situation. Marvin isn't a leader.

With that said - none of those comments are on topic with this thread.
Reply/Quote
Eh. After watching Shazier should have penalized, Williams not, and Burfict could go either way.

The announcing was horrible as expected.

Burfict and Jones were on their radar as dirty players before the game even started.

That opinion by the ex-ref in the box is just that... opinion.

This wouldn't be the first time he was wrong either.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The hit by burfict was still a penalty.

I can see the problem with the hit on Bernard and the hit by Shazier. either they should both be penalties or neither should be a penalty. But the hit by Burfict was different. The pass was incomplete. The play was finished. Burfict can't hit him like that for any reason in that situation.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The hit by burfict was still a penalty.

I can see the problem with the hit on Bernard and the hit by Shazier.  either they should both be penalties or neither should be a penalty.  But the hit by Burfict was different.  The pass was incomplete.  The play was finished.  Burfict can't hit him like that for any reason in that situation.

Do you think Burfict was intentionally in a head hunting posture or the opposite - trying to avoid it?  I think the latter, and wonder in such position if it was physically possible for him to avoid hitting him when it looked like he was backing away and moving his arm out of the way but receiver was pushed into him.  It may still be a penalty, but I'm not sure how you avoid any more than he did.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 02:42 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: Do you think Burfict was intentionally in a head hunting posture or the opposite - trying to avoid it?  I think the latter, and wonder in such position if it was physically possible for him to avoid hitting him when it looked like he was backing away and moving his arm out of the way but receiver was pushed into him.  It may still be a penalty, but I'm not sure how you avoid any more than he did.

Burfict ducked his shoulder and turned it directly into Brown.  Go back and watch it.  He clearly turns his shoulder into Brown to make the hit.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 02:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Burfict ducked his shoulder and turned it directly into Brown.  Go back and watch it.  He clearly turns his shoulder into Brown to make the hit.

I still don't think it warrants a flag in a playoff game. Especially when it decides the game. It wasn't helmet to helmet.

Not saying Burfict isn't accountable, but that's a terrible way for a playoff game to end.
Reply/Quote
I think from now on I might start watching the games on mute and maybe even match it up with the radio broadcast by rewinding a little bit. Has anyone else ever tried this? How did it work out for you?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 03:04 AM)Pezmerga Wrote: I still don't think it warrants a flag in a playoff game. Especially when it decides the game. It wasn't helmet to helmet.

Not saying Burfict isn't accountable, but that's a terrible way for a playoff game to end.

It doesn't matter if it was helmet to helmet, all the matters is Burfict hit him in the head. It doesn't matter what part of his body he used.

The call against Jones a few seconds later is a complete joke though.
Reply/Quote
Why is nobody talking about Munchak pulling our player's hair?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xveLI0cbqg

Honestly my biggest disappointment of the game was the fans not storming the field, truly disappointed. If ever there was a time . . .
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 04:43 AM)Psycholomonkey Wrote: Why is nobody talking about Munchak pulling our player's hair?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xveLI0cbqg

Honestly my biggest disappointment of the game was the fans not storming the field, truly disappointed.  If ever there was a time . . .

Munchak is a thug. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 02:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Burfict ducked his shoulder and turned it directly into Brown.  Go back and watch it.  He clearly turns his shoulder into Brown to make the hit.

I went back and watched it again and again and again and again.
Really wish we had some different camera angles also, but I'm not sure I could substantiate your claim.  Actually, the first time I saw it again I could see why you said it.  But the more I watch it he's actually bringing his arm in and looks to be avoiding the hit.
Now, it's his job to break up that play and he was coming in to do that.  He was at full speed at that.  And it's only within a second, at high speeds, that the play looks possible to not.  He is a very skilled receiver and brings in many that are close like that.  The part of the play that throws everything off is Lewis-Harris trying to do his job breaking up the play and pushing Brown.  Watch at 3:35.  Lewis-Harris pushes Brown hard right into Burfict's shoulder.  At first sight it looks bad, but the more you watch it w/ the first defender push, the more I wonder what's Burfict really to do there?
Reply/Quote
Burfict was in a bad spot, no question about it.

If he wanted to deliver a demolishing blow to Antonio Brown, he could have done it. Tucking his elbow to his side and running beside Brown shows Burfict was going fullspeed, saw the pass wasn't caught, and tried to pull up. Brown got pushed into Burfict's shoulder, just like you said Kenny.

Shazier on the other hand intentionally lowered the top of his helmet to spear Gio with it.

Shazier - penalty (unnecessary roughness, crown of helmet)
Williams - no penalty
Burfict - penalty (unnecessary roughness, defenseless receiver)
Jones - no penalty (or contact with official, offset by a Porter penalty)
Porter - penalty (unsportsmanlike conduct)

That's how it should have gone. Burfict didn't do anything wrong but if calling it by the letter of the law, his hit on Brown was a penalty. Only thing Burfict could have done would have been to leap sideways toward the endzone, but I don't think he had much time to think.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:35 AM)BigSeph Wrote: Burfict was in a bad spot, no question about it.

If he wanted to deliver a demolishing blow to Antonio Brown, he could have done it.  Tucking his elbow to his side and running beside Brown shows Burfict was going fullspeed, saw the pass wasn't caught, and tried to pull up.  Brown got pushed into Burfict's shoulder, just like you said Kenny.

Shazier on the other hand intentionally lowered the top of his helmet to spear Gio with it.

Shazier - penalty  (unnecessary roughness, crown of helmet)
Williams - no penalty
Burfict - penalty  (unnecessary roughness, defenseless receiver)
Jones - no penalty (or contact with official, offset by a Porter penalty)
Porter - penalty (unsportsmanlike conduct)

That's how it should have gone.  Burfict didn't do anything wrong but if calling it by the letter of the law, his hit on Brown was a penalty.  Only thing Burfict could have done would have been to leap sideways toward the endzone, but I don't think he had much time to think.

That's how I saw it too.
I think he still gets the penalty, but it sure wasn't intentional, and not really sure how he could've avoided contact after the Lewis-Harris push.  You really have to see the camera angle that shows that hard push right into Burfict's shoulder.  

With that said, I bet the politically correct NFL caves to pressure of the less informed and Burfict begins year with a suspension.  It's just one more way to add fuel to the fire of an incompetent called game that went against us, to begin the mob stoked up the next time these teams face each other.  This rivalry is only going to get much worse.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:42 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: That's how I saw it too.
I think he still gets the penalty, but it sure wasn't intentional, and not really sure how he could've avoided contact after the Lewis-Harris push.  You really have to see the camera angle that shows that hard push right into Burfict's shoulder.  

With that said, I bet the politically correct NFL caves to pressure of the less informed and Burfict begins year with a suspension.  It's just one more way to add fuel to the fire of an incompetent called game that went against us, to begin the mob stoked up the next time these teams face each other.  This rivalry is only going to get much worse.
I am certain now that the first game of our 2016 season will be against Pitt.
Reply/Quote