Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Who would you rather have for all 16 games?
(08-22-2020, 09:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I did not say Green wasn't the same player because of his injuries.  I described him not having the same performances as earlier in his career when he was healthy now.  He is 32 years old and far more NFL WRs have dropped off here than even stayed the course, let alone captured some of their earlier magic.  

His injuries may have affected his speed, ability to separate, etc.  We won't know until we see him.  But it isn't durability.  Sorry.  Again, I removed that from this discussion.  It is the player he is today vs. the player Ross is today.  

And yet you keep bringing up the years Green was battling injury to justify your argument while ignoring Ross’ more prominent durability problem.

(08-21-2020, 10:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think Green WAS a game changer.  I am not sure he is now....

In the last two years,
Reply/Quote
I think this thread would be interesting with a small tweak

AJ or Boyd?
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2020, 10:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: AJ had a 3 TD game in primetime against Baltimore in 2018. That’s the definition of a game changer.

I was at that game... 2 bad calls at the end of the half made it closer than it really was, and we went conservative... They couldn't Check AJ Green in that game. Baltimore's D was legit that season too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 12:29 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think this thread would be interesting with a small tweak

AJ or Boyd?

It’s still AJ. We won 2 games last year with Boyd playing the entire season.

Boyd is a great #2, but he ain’t AJ...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 02:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s still AJ. We won 2 games last year with Boyd playing the entire season.

Boyd is a great #2, but he ain’t AJ...

I don’t think Boyd was to blame there for the 2 game win column. He did pretty well on a putrid offense.

If we had AJ but no Boyd last year, how many games do we win?
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 02:26 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I don’t think Boyd was to blame there for the 2 game win column. He did pretty well on a putrid offense.

More than 2. Just look at the numbers, when we have a healthy AJ we win way more games than when we don't have him.

Happy he didn't play last year, we wouldn't have Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 02:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: More than 2. Just look at the numbers, when we have a healthy AJ we win way more games than when we don't have him.

Happy he didn't play last year, we wouldn't have Burrow.

3? 6? 8? I’m just curious how big the AJ impact is.

And yes, also happy that last years misery at least means a chance at a new franchise QB
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 03:13 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: 3? 6? 8? I’m just curious how big the AJ impact is.

And yes, also happy that last years misery at least means a chance at a new franchise QB

I would think around 4 or 5 at least. Crazy when you look at our win to loss ratio with AJ in and then with AJ out.

Don't have the numbers on me right now but it is a crazy stat and not a coincidence.

I think it is safe to say that if Dalton had a healthy AJ last year we would of never had a shot at Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 12:27 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: And yet you keep bringing up the years Green was battling injury to justify your argument while ignoring Ross’ more prominent durability problem.

Has more to do with his age than durability.  I must have said that four different times...
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 02:26 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I don’t think Boyd was to blame there for the 2 game win column. He did pretty well on a putrid offense.

More than 2. And ofc it wasn’t Boyd’s fault, but he’s not on AJ’s level. AJ is the type of WR than keeps DC’s up at night.

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 04:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: More than 2. And ofc it wasn’t Boyd’s fault, but he’s not on AJ’s level. AJ is the type of WR than keeps DC’s up at night.

Yes, he was. That is SHRX’s point with this thread, is he still that guy? We don’t really know.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 04:39 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Yes, he was. That is SHRX’s point with this thread, is he still that guy? We don’t really know.

True, we don't. We will see come the game opener with the Chargers.
Reply/Quote
Wasn't Ross' one good game vs Seattle last year a situation where he had a boner-headed drop first and foremost and then Nice Guy Andy went right back to him and he scored a pretty amazing TD? Is Burrow going to be nice enough to go right back to Ross after he drops it, or is he going to deathstare him and then scream in his face?

Welp, time will tell.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 03:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wasn't Ross' one good game vs Seattle last year a situation where he had a boner-headed drop first and foremost and then Nice Guy Andy went right back to him and he scored a pretty amazing TD?  Is Burrow going to be nice enough to go right back to Ross after he drops it, or is he going to deathstare him and then scream in his face?

Welp, time will tell.

Sometimes you need a little tough love...
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 03:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wasn't Ross' one good game vs Seattle last year a situation where he had a boner-headed drop first and foremost and then Nice Guy Andy went right back to him and he scored a pretty amazing TD? Is Burrow going to be nice enough to go right back to Ross after he drops it, or is he going to deathstare him and then scream in his face?

Welp, time will tell.

Not sure if you meant to write ‘boner-headed’ or ‘bone-headed’ but I’m liking this new term I can add to my vocabulary...
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 03:51 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Not sure if you meant to write ‘boner-headed’ or ‘bone-headed’ but I’m liking this new term I can add to my vocabulary...

Hilarious  Didn't notice that the first time lol
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 03:51 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Not sure if you meant to write ‘boner-headed’ or ‘bone-headed’ but I’m liking this new term I can add to my vocabulary...

I actually meant to write boner-bonered.
Reply/Quote