Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Athletic Shorts With No Pockets?
(05-28-2015, 08:51 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I've done that, but still a minor nuisance.  Armband...no thanks.

Smartwatch is the way to go for fitness, if you can survive being unreachable for an hour Yawn .  Add some bluetooth headphones and you're golden.

An hour? I'd like to be unreachable for a few weeks.  Cool
[Image: bey.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 09:39 PM)Steeler Eater Wrote: An hour? I'd like to be unreachable for a few weeks.  Cool

Yeah, right?  Somehow there are people who get physically ill if they can't check their messages every 5 minutes.

You know you're getting old when you remember a time when only important people had blackberries, and mostly hated it. 
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 10:00 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Yeah, right?  Somehow there are people who get physically ill if they can't check their messages every 5 minutes.

You know you're getting old when you remember a time when only important people had blackberries, and mostly hated it. 

My dad had a handheld blackberry that was not color back in like 99 or 00 and I thought it was the coolest thing. I could honestly care less about having a phone glued to me all the time, but I switched from dipping to gum a few years back and get agitated if I can't keep a pack somewhere on me. 
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 05:44 PM)Steeler Eater Wrote: Buttpack?

I don't swing that way 'Zona.

Athletic shorts without pockets = Men's yoga shorts

Face it dude, your wife is trying to make you into a metro.. Shocked
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 05:16 PM)JSteeler Eater Wrote: He must have been using them wrong then. I have worn athletic shorts plenty of times and have never broken my thumb on them. 

For some reason this made me lol. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Honestly...  why don't you tell your wife to sew a pocket on for you and make you a damn sammich?  Problem solved.  You're welcome.

[Image: th?id=JN.oH7Nac4OrCelCsKTiL1%2fCw&pid=15.1&P=0][Image: th?id=JN.kdAfT3ARsj8dvobBzy5fXw&pid=15.1&P=0]

BTW...  you do that...  and your sack might be the pocket on your shorts.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 10:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Athletic shorts without pockets = Men's yoga shorts

Face it dude, your wife is trying to make you into a metro.. Shocked

But when I wear'em ScarJo will be all like.

[Image: Pityoud.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 12:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: One of the reasons for no pockets is because they can cause injury (im serious). People's fingers can get caught in them. We werent allowed wearing shorts with pockets during inner-murals in college because of this. 

Also, if they are officially licensed Bengals shorts, the same ones that the players wear, why would they have pockets? You really think Jeremy Hill is out there carrying around a wallet and an iPod in his shorts while hes trucking over defenders? 

Same here at Fresno State. I'm sure most colleges adopt that rule for intramurals. We have to turn our shorts inside- out if they do have pockets. When you play flag football, your hand can get caught in someone's pocket and you're screwed. It is rare, but it does happen.

But, for the most part, almost all shorts I buy have pockets. I've actually found it quite hard to find some decent ones without pockets. (For flag football purposes)
[Image: Bch_OOih_CIAARIjw_jpg_large.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I've treated lots of hand injuries.  Never treated a hand injury related to a pocket.  I've treated lots of mallet fingers due to the ball hitting their finger.  Maybe they should ban the balls to prevent injuries?  There is even an injury called "jersey finger" because it is commonly caused by jerseys.  So I guess it is going to be skins vs. skins from now on.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 09:34 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I've treated lots of hand injuries.  Never treated a hand injury related to a pocket.  I've treated lots of mallet fingers due to the ball hitting their finger.  Maybe they should ban the balls to prevent injuries?  There is even an injury called "jersey finger" because it is commonly caused by jerseys.  So I guess it is going to be skins vs. skins from now on.

Nothing but flags football... I think we may be onto something. 
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 08:51 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I've done that, but still a minor nuisance.  Armband...no thanks.

Smartwatch is the way to go for fitness, if you can survive being unreachable for an hour Yawn .  Add some bluetooth headphones and you're golden.

You dont need anything like a smartwatch for fitness...

You dont even need a watch.

You just gotta stop sitting on the couch so much lol
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 11:59 AM)Steeler Eater Wrote: Nothing but flags football... I think we may be onto something. 

I'm not playing. Sounds like you guys just want an excuse to "accidentally" grab a bunch of dongs...

[Image: dwight-grabs-jims-crotch-o.gif]

Total accident huh?
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 01:49 AM)Bengals23 Wrote: Same here at Fresno State. I'm sure most colleges adopt that rule for intramurals. We have to turn our shorts inside- out if they do have pockets. 

I think they do that more so just to make fun of you.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Isn't Jungle Noise the place to make rant threads when the Bengals disappoint?
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 05:16 PM)Steeler Eater Wrote: He must have been using them wrong then. I have worn athletic shorts plenty of times and have never broken my thumb on them. 

That's because your thumbs were busy texting.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 07:13 PM)Steeler Eater Wrote: Good thought, but I am way too clumsy and would wind up slamming my way too expensive phone into something metal and shatter the screen. 
Exactly how many times have you shattered your humerus? Phone insurance is cheaper than medical insurance, and it sounds like you need some shoulderpads. LOL

I don't wear one because they make my arms look skinny...er.

He said he wanted to carry his cell phone/iPod, I agree with you on the smartwatch. Mine only comes off to charge. (Basis Peak, yo!)
(05-29-2015, 05:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: You dont need anything like a smartwatch for fitness...

You dont even need a watch.

You just gotta stop sitting on the couch so much lol

We live in a world where you know instantly what your second cousin's friend who you met at a party that one time five years ago is having for breakfast. What sort of caveman is working out without constantly monitoring his heartrate?!  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2015, 09:52 AM)Ryuko Wrote: Exactly how many times have you shattered your humerus? Phone insurance is cheaper than medical insurance, and it sounds like you need some shoulderpads. LOL
My bones are a lot stronger than that chintzy glass they put over the LCD of  a $800 smartphone. Plus I have been lifting weights for the past 15 years and can take a little more punishment than something made of glass....I'm not Bob Sanders. Smirk
Reply/Quote
They're called athletic shorts because they are to be worn when you're being athletic. Buy some other shorts with pockets to carry around your phone and pretend to be athletic ya poser.
Reply/Quote