Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Vigil
Vigil is a free agent after the season I believe. Interestingly, maybe his good play last year corresponded to Brown being hurt:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
I've never thought he was as bad as a lot of us make him out to be. Quite frankly when I pay attention, I seem to see him all over the place. I have noticed he misses tackles that he shouldn't, and I've seen clips of him out of position... I think the guy's solid though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals draft a stud like Dylan Moses to play in the Middle? The LB corps suddenly becomes a strength of the team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I was not a fan of Vigil when they picked him, but he is nowhere near as bad as he is made out to be on this board. He seemingly makes every other tackle, and he is out on linebacker island all by himself with no quality help.
Reply/Quote
Did he switch positions or rotate any?

Drastic difference in play

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Vigil is ok

Like Sunset said with some better talent beside him he'd be pretty good.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 09:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I was not a fan of Vigil when they picked him, but he is nowhere near as bad as he is made out to be on this board. He seemingly makes every other tackle, and he is out on linebacker island all by himself with no quality help.

Not so fast, my friend.  The Pratt kid is beginning to catch on to playing in the NFL.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 09:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not so fast, my friend.  The Pratt kid is beginning to catch on to playing in the NFL.

Completely agree..
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 09:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not so fast, my friend.  The Pratt kid is beginning to catch on to playing in the NFL.

In your best Lee Corso

Agree, Pratt has improved quite a bit over the last few weeks in my estimation. He just may pan out.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 10:13 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: In your best Lee Corso

Agree, Pratt has improved quite a bit over the last few weeks in my estimation. He just may pan out.

What I could give, to hear Coach Lou break down Germaine Pratt..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Vigil is garbage and cannot make a tackle in open space to save his life. Constantly missing tackles. Never seen him make a play on the ball constantly trailing defenders. He’s bad. God himself couldn’t tel me otherwise
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 11:23 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Vigil is garbage and cannot make a tackle in open space to save his life. Constantly missing tackles. Never seen him make a play on the ball constantly trailing defenders. He’s bad. God himself couldn’t tel me otherwise

I’m gonna agree with you. Bad angles and biting on a slight fake, those kinda things have nothing to do with who he’s playing next to.
Reply/Quote

Yes, he is now starting to play better.... so coincidentally, Vigil is playing better. Exactly my point. 
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 11:23 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Vigil is garbage and cannot make a tackle in open space to save his life.  Constantly missing tackles.  Never seen him make a play on the ball constantly trailing defenders.  He’s bad.  God himself couldn’t tel me otherwise

Not sure what games you are watching, I see Vigil consistently make solo open field tackles. He could be better in coverage.... I'm not saying he is great, I'm saying he is not the trash people here try to make him out to be.
Reply/Quote
I dont think he's going to have a commanding market and i have no issue resigning him with the understanding that we still need to draft/sign better talent.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 10:12 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I dont think he's going to have a commanding market and i have no issue resigning him with the understanding that we still need to draft/sign better talent.

^This

I don't mind him being a LBer for the Bengals but for the love of God please get some good coverage backers to add with him and Pratt.

Please get rid of Nickerson for good.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
We've all seen far, far worse at the LB position than Nick Vigil. He'll probably never be a HOFer, but he's not a Nickerson either. For quite awhile it seemed like he was the last hope the team had as a LB.. The past few years there's been a parade of terrible LBers..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I always thought he'd be a solid 3rd LB on the team. If the Bengals bring him back, they need to still get a good, rangy LB in FA or draft to pair with Pratt and then have Vigil come in whenever they want to have 3 LBs out there.

And as much as I've criticized Vigil, I'd prefer him to LaRoy Reynolds or Jordan Evans.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
LBers either have instincts or they don't
Vigil is horrible reading plays. He over analyzes
He can't shed blocks to save his life
He's had 3 years to demonstrate what he's capable
Of.
He couldn't start for any of the other AFC North teams
Reply/Quote
It's weird that the last 3 games teams have stopped attacking our edge. Our defense is fairly good straight on.
Reply/Quote