Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vigil: 'Our mentality has to change'
(12-02-2018, 09:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Everyone knows their mentality needs to change. Everyone knows they need to play better.

Problem is, no one knows how to do it. That's an indictment in and of itself and the reason no one knows is because they've tried different things under Marv and they've not gotten over the hump.

That's commonly known as being "stale". The only cure for stale is a new set of eyes and a new mindset. Otherwise known as a complete coaching turnover and FO restructure. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
What needs to change?

Vigil's barber.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What needs to change?

Vigil's barber.

You just don't understand kids these days.  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:06 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Paul Brown Stadium needs a warm, soapy enema followed by an exorcism.

Just push it into the Ohio.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just push it into the Ohio.

The fish would die.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 10:30 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The fish would die.
Who's gonna miss a few thousand carp?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 09:47 PM)TigerJ@w Wrote: Maybe Vigil might start working on how to Tackle first, like on the whiff he did with Booker on the sideline.

Nooo....don't say anything bad about Vigil on here.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 09:59 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, I mentioned this in the game day thread. If you look at the articles / reports that started coming out around 2014, it seems that those 3, along with Tobin to a certain extent, have been very involved in running the show. Mike obviously has the final word and will be the deciding vote on big decisions, but even he said he's not involved in day to day operations as he used to be.

Well that sucks.
Reply/Quote
He is not involved day to day but he is in the office every day and Merv says they chat every day so he is still heavily involved
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
"Mentality in the locker room has to change."

This says quite a bit actually. Of course not a surprise because there was a game when they were losing pretty good and Burfict was out. Well on the radio next day one guy was talking about looking down on the sideline and there was Burfict just laughing and carrying on as the team was getting crushed. That right there was a little snapshot of the mentality of this team, and it was Burfict who some used to say was a leader of this team. Yeah.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 11:42 PM)Millhouse Wrote: "Mentality in the locker room has to change."

This says quite a bit actually. Of course not a surprise because there was a game when they were losing pretty good and Burfict was out. Well on the radio next day one guy was talking about looking down on the sideline and there was Burfict just laughing and carrying on as the team was getting crushed. That right there was a little snapshot of the mentality of this team, and it was Burfict who some used to say was a leader of this team. Yeah.

Man that happens all the time. On every team in every sport. You've never had a chuckle during a shitty day at work?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 11:42 PM)Millhouse Wrote: "Mentality in the locker room has to change."

Honestly, who is the leader? Dalton?

On defense, who is the leader? Atkins and Dunlap are the best players...but they're not vocal. Green isn't vocal on offense.

I know there is lead by example guys, but you need that vocal leader too.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 09:48 PM)Synric Wrote: Honestly I think Marvin, Troy, and Katie have been running the team for a while now. Marvin is pretty much the GM because he chooses his own staff is makes the roster decisions.

Only to a degree. Lewis didn't want John Ross, Mike Brown overrode him. The team had to fail last year for Mike Brown to give his ok to not re-sign Paul Alexander.

Mike Brown has to approve everything, every draft pick, every coaching change, every contract. It doesn't matter who's preparing it because they have a good idea of what Mikey boy will and will not approve, so it still comes down to Mike Brown.

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 12:55 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, who is the leader? Dalton?

On defense, who is the leader? Atkins and Dunlap are the best players...but they're not vocal. Green isn't vocal on offense.

I know there is lead by example guys, but you need that vocal leader too.

Leaders use to be Andrew Whitworth, Adam Jones and Peko. All gone and not replaced. Burfict plays like he's been neutered.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 11:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

The first thing they need to change in the locker room are the lights.  Obviously way too bright.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 09:36 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Hate to say it but I think Adam Jones could give a shot of drive to this team.

Even if he's the shell of his former self.

Or...you know...how about a new head coach? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 09:47 PM)TigerJ@w Wrote: Maybe Vigil might start working on how to Tackle first, like on the whiff he did with Booker on the sideline.

This is purely speculative, but I genuinely wonder how afraid the defense is to make contact with players in fear of getting flagged. I get a sense Burfict especially is affected by this.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 01:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This is purely speculative, but I genuinely wonder how afraid the defense is to make contact with players in fear of getting flagged. I get a sense Burfict especially is affected by this.

I feel that way too. Williams and Burfict seem to try high arm tackles A LOT.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 02:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel that way too. Williams and Burfict seem to try high arm tackles A LOT.

Burfict is simply not good anymore. Watching the tape yesterday he gets blocked by weak attempts and just collapses to the ground. The one long Lyndsay run he was in position to make the play or atleast force him back and a blocker taps him and he collapses comically. If you watch last week his attempt at pass coverage is holding onto guys and getting dragged across the field. Other times he goes to grab and misses and they are running free. He is constantly over pursuing and not maintaining his run fit, which leaves massive cut back lanes (see Lyndsay 6 yard td).

He honestly just needs to be released at the end of the year, between poor play and injuries there isn't much left there. 
Reply/Quote