Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vigil: Work To Be Done
I'm 93% sure that Vigil started on the first drive, or was at least out there for some significant snaps.

McCoy made him look silly for the most part. I saw him unable to shed a few blocks and struggled with McCoys speed (a lot of defenders do)

Mentally I feel like he read the plays well and was on his way to the right spots.

Lots of players get faster and stronger during their first offseason, hope that is true with Vigil.
Reply/Quote
Yeah he needs to get bigger.

Reply/Quote
To be fair, McCoy makes alot of people look silly. He has one of the nastiest cuts in the NFL.

But no, I do not think Vigil will be very good. Hope im wrong.

We have 1 legit starter at LB, and hes a head case. We have no one good at safety (iloka is average, only hits hard). 1 Average-potentially above average CB (dre)

Defense is going to need some rebuilding. The Bengals nailed the draft from 2010-13, 2014-present? Not so much
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 01:21 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I'm 93% sure that Vigil started on the first drive, or was at least out there for some significant snaps.

McCoy made him look silly for the most part. I saw him unable to shed a few blocks and struggled with McCoys speed (a lot of defenders do)

Mentally I feel like he read the plays well and was on his way to the right spots.

Lots of players get faster and stronger during their first offseason, hope that is true with Vigil.
To be fair McCoy makes some very good players look silly.

^ beat me to it
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 01:21 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I'm 93% sure that Vigil started on the first drive, or was at least out there for some significant snaps.

Speaking of the first drive. Did it look scripted to anyone else. Im not trying to go full blown conspiracy here but, the play Burfict got hit by Peko was a joke, Johnson didnt even try to tackle and I think it was Geno just sitting chillin.
Reply/Quote
As I've said before, Vigil was exposed in the pre season where he was abused by 3rd and 4th string players. I don't know why anyone would think he would be better against the other teams 1's.... "Vigil-antes".....LMAO.
Reply/Quote
I only saw him in one play where he had an opportunity...and he made a solo tackle. I'm not sure where the hate is coming from. This guy is going to be an integral part of this defense for years to come. He and Burfict will be the nickel package next year, and that is almost 70% of what the defense runs. He can run, and hopefully, cover a TE better than Rey M, Dansby, insert other fat, slow LB here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Im not sure why, but Vigil just feels like a bust to me. I just dont think hes going to transition to the NFL very well. I hope im wrong though.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 10:22 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Im not sure why, but Vigil just feels like a bust to me. I just dont think hes going to transition to the NFL very well. I hope im wrong though.

I said the pick was a waste as soon as it was made.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
But our archaic coaching staff said he reminded them of Luke Kuechly!
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 10:42 AM)Big Boss Wrote: But our archaic coaching staff said he reminded them of Luke Kuechly!

Translation: "He is white and plays linebacker"
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 10:42 AM)Big Boss Wrote: But our archaic coaching staff said he reminded them of Luke Kuechly!

I had hope for Vigil. I figured he might surprise us.

Then the players/coaches started saying that he reminded them of Kuechly.

I immediately sighed and realized that he's probably going to be 'meh' and probably wind up like Caleb Miller.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I hated the pick when we made. I still hate the pick. Fml
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 03:51 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Speaking of the first drive. Did it look scripted to anyone else. Im not trying to go full blown conspiracy here but, the play Burfict got hit by Peko was a joke, Johnson didnt even try to tackle and I think it was Geno just sitting chillin.

Guy I truly believe you are onto something here.  There were a few plays, that I seen, and I thought to myself that was not characteristic of a few of our players.  When Taylor was running and he was beyond the line of scrimmage yet one of our guys drops back and covers another player..  (I am almost certain he was beyond the line ) if so this was definitely a set up.
Reply/Quote
I hope we get a steady dose of him as the season winds down. A 5 game sample with him getting a decent amount of reps will paint the picture of what we can expect from him.

Again lets continue with this "youth" movement as our season is a loss and lets see what these young guys can do!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote

I'm pretty sure that was Burfict's tag.

Love the forum mentality!  Rating guys in preseason games and a handful of snaps in the season and if they don't look like Hall of Fame then they must be a bust!  Cool
Reply/Quote
He might pan out under a REAL staff.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 07:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: He might pan out under a REAL staff.

^This^

I'm not passing judgement on anybody under like 3 years experience with this group of clown coaches and the present culture.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 10:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I only saw him in one play where he had an opportunity...and he made a solo tackle. I'm not sure where the hate is coming from. This guy is going to be an integral part of this defense for years to come. He and Burfict will be the nickel package next year, and that is almost 70% of what the defense runs. He can run, and hopefully, cover a TE better than Rey M, Dansby, insert other fat, slow LB here.
You have to remember we are in full blown tampon mode on here at the moment.

I think the tackle you are talking about is the same play another poster is clowning him for getting shook by McCoy. McCoy juked Vigil. Nick ran him down and made the tackle before anybody else could. He looked good in coverage on the next play.

Nick Vigil gets hated on because none of us saw him in college, they won't play him over Vinny Rey (who is as slightly below mediocre as they come), and the team sucks.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Rat tail boy isn't going to make a dent in the NFL. He should focus on his business he opened at home, "Vigil's Custom Rat Tails"
Reply/Quote