Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings
Sort of rooting for the Vikings (although, the Bengals are always my team). No offense, Packerbacker. I always have tons of respect for the Pack. But Zimmer is there and they look real good this year.

Anyone else on-board with the Vikes as a second, NFC team?
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
I have been "secretly" pulling for the Vikings, ever since Mike Zimmer took their HC job. He has slowly built a solid team, that is looking like a serious contender.

So, yeah. I'll have at least one team to pull for in the playoffs. ThumbsUp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The Vikings have a qb problem that will probably bite them in the playoffs. I do pull for Zimmer, though.
Reply/Quote
I hope Zimmer succeeds wherever he goes.

I think things would have gone a lot differently for the Green-Dalton era if he hadn't been here when it started.
Reply/Quote
Mike Zimmer should be the head coach in Cincinnati. So yeah: I wish the Vikings a good season.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 08:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike Zimmer should be the head coach in Cincinnati.  So yeah:  I wish the Vikings a good season.

IMO ^
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Yes, I am rooting for the Vikings, mainly because of Mike Zimmer. Other than Bridgewater or Keenum, I really can't name another player on that team. I hope Zimmer wins a ring before we do just to show how inept this organization is. He was ours and could have been given the reigns. But, you know how we roll.... He addressed all the issues he ran into last year and fixed it nicely. Defense is his trademark and it is set and stout. Offense may be patchwork, but it's working - especially with the half-time adjustments. He is not allowing the same sorry-ass mistakes to plague his team.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
zimmer has basically wrapped up the north division with his defense. but i was impressed most yesterday with his offense. that case keenum is quite the qb. also a run game helps. overall his head coaching has been obvious in rebuilding that team into a powerhouse. gotta suck as a lion fan but i think we already know that pain as bengal fans.
Reply/Quote
I would have always rooted for Zimmer regardless of where he went. He's is a classy guy with a great no BS work ethic. What the Bengals have been missing at HC position.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 08:12 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I would have always rooted for Zimmer regardless of where he went. He's is a classy guy with a great no BS work ethic. What the Bengals have been missing at HC position.

Aside from what we had heard/read over the years, about Zimmer being a disciplinarian/perfectionist, he also strikes me as a coach who holds players accountable for their actions both on and off the field.

A couple of things that you don't see often from Zimmer coached team?  Senseless personal fouls, rarely a "lack of focus" foul, like false start of being in the neutral zone.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2017, 03:57 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Sort of rooting for the Vikings (although, the Bengals are always my team). No offense, Packerbacker. I always have tons of respect for the Pack. But Zimmer is there and they look real good this year.

Anyone else on-board with the Vikes as a second, NFC team?

I have Adam Theilen on my fantasy team so I guess I kinda root for them by proxy.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 12:12 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Yes, I am rooting for the Vikings, mainly because of Mike Zimmer. Other than Bridgewater or Keenum, I really can't name another player on that team. I hope Zimmer wins a ring before we do just to show how inept this organization is. He was ours and could have been given the reigns. But, you know how we roll.... He addressed all the issues he ran into last year and fixed it nicely. Defense is his trademark and it is set and stout. Offense may be patchwork, but it's working - especially with the half-time adjustments. He is not allowing the same sorry-ass mistakes to plague his team.

Oh come on... You've heard of Dalvin Cook, Stephon Diggs, Kyle Rudolph, Anthony Barr, or Harrison Smith right? Hell Emanuel Lamur is a Viking. Adam Theilen is great for them too. If you spend enough time watching him he starts to remind you of TJ Houshmandzadeh. He doesn't drop anything.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 11:19 AM)jason Wrote: Oh come on... You've heard of Dalvin Cook, Stephon Diggs, Kyle Rudolph, Anthony Barr, or Harrison Smith right? Hell Emanuel Lamur is a Viking. Adam Theilen is great for them too. If you spend enough time watching him he starts to remind you of TJ Houshmandzadeh. He doesn't drop anything.

The thing is I do not have cable, so I am stuck with watching the lowly Jets and Giants here. It is a treat if I can get the Vikings, let alone the seasonal heartache of the Bengals. But I can only get other teams if they are on primetime.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2017, 11:31 AM)Interceptor Wrote: The thing is I do not have cable, so I am stuck with watching the lowly Jets and Giants here. It is a treat if I can get the Vikings, let alone the seasonal heartache of the Bengals. But I can only get other teams if they are on primetime.

The networks think the Hudson is the edge of the world...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote