Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Vikings @ Bengals predictions
Bengals should win,of course.But in the NFL you can’t take anything for granted.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 09:34 AM)Mer Wrote: 34-10 Bengals

Since its on NFLNetwork, does anyone know if it will be aired locally? I cut the cord years ago and use an over the air DVR to record when I'm busy.

27-13 Bengals

https://www.wvxu.org/media/2023-12-11/bengals-vikings-game-airs-saturday-wcpo-miami-university-tvkiese

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I mean the Vikings did just pitch a shutout. That’s hard to do no matter who you play. And I’m guessing it’s going to be Mullens. No Josh Dobbs to kick around a second time.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 11:39 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Vikings are on in the lowest scoring game in 20 years or something.  A 4th quarter FG.  I like the bengals chances.  Like someone said earlier 24-10 sounds about right.  Maybe 27–17.  

Vikings had a lot of injuries today.

Vikings players are dropping like flies during Sunday's game against the Raiders at Allegiant Stadium.

First it was Justin Jefferson, who left the game after taking a huge hit on his second catch. Jefferson, who was making his long-awaited return after missing the last seven games, was taken to a Vegas area hospital out of precaution with what was announced as a chest injury.

Then it was Brian O'Neill, who suffered an ankle injury and has not since returned after being listed as questionable.

It didn't stop there. In the third quarter, Alexander Mattison — who had a great first half — suffered an ankle injury of his own. He has also been listed as questionable and is trying to stay loose on the exercise bike on the sideline.

Then Dalton Risner hobbled off the field with what might be another ankle injury. That means the Vikings, at least for a moment, are without both starting guards and their starting right tackle. RG Ed Ingram is inactive today with a hip injury.

At LG, Austin Schlottmann is in for Risner
At RG, Blake Brandel is in for Ingram
At RT, David Quessenberry is in for O'Neill
Talk about a nightmare day, health-wise.

The most concerning of the bunch is Jefferson, the Vikings' best player who had just finally returned from his hamstring injury. It's scary that the team felt it needed to take him to the hospital for precautionary reasons after the huge hit he took.

Damn. This reminds me of past Bengal luck. Blows like this crush a team. Something similar happened to us a few years back. I can't remember if it was our last scrimmage game before the start of the season, or a game prior to entering the playoffs, but it sucked and left me feeling deflated. Their fans must be in awe.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 08:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Damn. This reminds me of past Bengal luck. Blows like this crush a team. Something similar happened to us a few years back. I can't remember if it was our last scrimmage game before the start of the season, or a game prior to entering the playoffs, but it sucked and left me feeling deflated. Their fans must be in awe.

I always feel like that after our early 06 game against the browns.
Reply/Quote
At any rate, with the hole the Bengals have been digging themselves out of, and with an away game at KC looming on the horizon, this is another must-win game. Just as Jacksonville was. Just as Indy was.

Bengals probably control their own destiny at this point. Which is all we can ask for, after they had a losing record after the Pittsburgh game and facing at that point the 2nd toughest upcoming schedule in the league. One thing we can say about the Bengals team: these are guys one would want to share a foxhole with.
Reply/Quote
There is a lot riding on Jefferson playing or not.

Their 3rd stringer will have an even bigger hurdle to get over if he doesn’t.

If Browning didn’t have Chase to lean on or for Chase to even command attn to free up the others, the season would already be over.

Probably true for Burrow too, just not as much.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2023, 06:14 PM)Whacked Wrote: There is a lot riding on Jefferson playing or not.

Their 3rd stringer will have an even bigger hurdle to get over if he doesn’t.

If Browning didn’t have Chase to lean on or for Chase to even command attn to free up the others, the season would already be over.

Probably true for Burrow too, just not as much.

He's not really the third string QB.  He was #2 all year until he got hurt.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Jake's offense scores the 30's again

Bengals 30 - 16 Vikings

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Minny shutting out an opponent was likely an anomaly, but so was them only scoring three points. I believe their numbers will be considerably higher on both sides of the ball. Still, I'll keep my increasing sense of optimism and say we'll win 27-17. I'll even go a step further and take the Saturday parlay: Bengals/Colts/Lions.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I will go...

Bengals - 27
Vikings - 17

I bet they play some good Defense, enough to force a turnover or two and they keep us under 30.

Our Defense is starting to really step up though and they play even better. We will see.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 01:44 AM)Science Friction Wrote: 23-13  Black & Orange guys, who will be the #6 seed at the end of Week 15(need a Detroit win at home against Denver and a Colts win at home over the Stooges).

I just saw this a few minutes ago. Very easily could happen. 
Reply/Quote
Bengals: A number so large its proper expression will require the use of a positive exponent.

Vikings: A small integer.
Reply/Quote
Jefferson will play, unknown QB hard to game plan for, that makes this a close one but the drunken who deys will help get us over the hump in a 26 to 20 victory
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2023, 12:01 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Jefferson will play, unknown QB hard to game plan for, that makes this a close one but the drunken who deys will help get us over the hump in a 26 to 20 victory

Jefferson with cracked ribs is gonna play?  The Vikings announced this already?
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2023, 12:05 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Jefferson with cracked ribs is gonna play?  The Vikings announced this already?

He went limited today, coach feels he will olay, no cracked ribs, so I'm believing with a win crucial he will play
Reply/Quote
Bengals 20-13
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2023, 04:18 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Bengals should win,of course.But in the NFL you can’t take anything for granted.

Depends what Vegas wants Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2023, 12:56 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  He went limited today, coach feels he will olay, no cracked ribs, so I'm believing with a win crucial he will play

arrgggggg
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2023, 12:56 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  He went limited today, coach feels he will olay, no cracked ribs, so I'm believing with a win crucial he will play

Thats gotta hurt still. One shot to the midsection and he might not get up.
Reply/Quote