Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings CB compares gay marriage to pedophilia and incest
http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/06/26/minnesota-vikings-josh-robinson-gay-marriage

His twitter account is now protected. Oops.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I disagree with his opinion but do we really need to ruin his career over this?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2015, 12:03 AM)J24 Wrote: I disagree with his opinion but do we really need to ruin his career over this?

He will be vilified, but it won't effect his career in any way.
Reply/Quote
what an idiot
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
More Christian psychopaths. Nothing to see here...
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The fact that people care enough to get mad and make this news is a problem. The guy is an athlete. Nothing he writes on Twitter should be important enough to make it anywhere other than his Twitter.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
What professional athelete in 2015 doesn't know that anything they say has the potential to go viral and incur the wrath of some members of the public? Especially when he plays the most popular sport in the country? Didn't his coach on day 1 tell him exactly that? Isn't that drilled into his head at every training camp? Of course it is. He'd have to be pretty ***** dense not to get that message.

He wanted to draw attention to himself, and now he's done exactly that.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2015, 10:52 AM)6andcounting Wrote: The fact that people care enough to get mad and make this news is a problem. The guy is an athlete. Nothing he writes on Twitter should be important enough to make it anywhere other than his Twitter.

(06-27-2015, 01:23 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: What professional athelete in 2015 doesn't know that anything they say has the potential to go viral and incur the wrath of some members of the public?  Especially when he plays the most popular sport in the country?  Didn't his coach on day 1 tell him exactly that?  Isn't that drilled into his head at every training camp?  Of course it is.  He'd have to be pretty ***** dense not to get that message.  

He wanted to draw attention to himself, and now he's done exactly that.

^This

Social Media doesn't allow you to have a 'circle of friends' anymore. Your beliefs and your personal bubble has been expanded infinitely. Anything you "say" is now open to judgement from anyone that can read it.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2015, 10:52 AM)6andcounting Wrote: The fact that people care enough to get mad and make this news is a problem. The guy is an athlete. Nothing he writes on Twitter should be important enough to make it anywhere other than his Twitter.

You know people.
Always looking for public figures to hate.
Reply/Quote
meh...I've seen comments like that from members of this board. It's nothing new to see simplemindedness.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2015, 04:00 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: You know people.
Always looking for public figures to hate.

When public figure go to the trouble of putting their thoughts out in public that are SEEKING feedback.

Don't make it sound like some one leaked some private comments he made.
Reply/Quote
The guy is wearing a Vikings uniform in his twitter picture and is clearly a "representative" of an organization within an industry that is exceedingly PR-wary in recent years. Put your employer on your twitter, wear something that has the organizational logo on it and say terrible things about entire groups of people at your own risk.

I would say this is simply an issue of "just bein' dumb" but comparing people to pedophiles is a pretty unwise thing to say, so this guy hit the trifecta.

1. posted something exceedingly inflammatory
2. did so in a forum that yields mass attention
3. wearing the uniform of a well-known organization that probably doesn't care to broadcast such views
Reply/Quote
It's his opinion. So.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 01:04 AM)EatonFan Wrote: It's his opinion.  So.

So he should have kept it to himself?
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2015, 01:04 AM)EatonFan Wrote: It's his opinion.  So.

So when he insists on putting it out in public he should be prepared for the consequences.
Reply/Quote
Why is anyone surprised?

Blacks are homophobic. Why does this surprise anyone.... It happens all the time.

Besides its his opinion . Who cares.
Reply/Quote
And Chris Kluwe needs to get off his pro gay high horse and leave these guys alone. He is as militant as it gets. He is easily a horrible person, who just wants to hurt guys.... That's why he isn't on a team. No one wants his drama
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 03:06 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And Chris Kluwe needs to get off his pro gay high horse and leave these guys alone.   He is as militant as it gets.   He is easily a horrible person, who just wants to hurt guys....  That's why he isn't on a team.  No one wants his drama

I thought Chris Kluwe was a white guy.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 03:04 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Besides its his opinion .  Who cares.

Normally I'd be along the lines of "Meh, whatever" but comparing people to Hitler and/or pedophiles is just going over a well-established line.  I wouldn't hold it against you if were a bit miffed if someone told you that for reasons X,Y, and Z you were a person who can/would/did rape children.  That seems like something too inflammatory to pass off as a "Hey man, I'm juts sayin'...you konw, opinion!  Don't hate!"
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2015, 03:06 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And Chris Kluwe needs to get off his pro gay high horse and leave these guys alone.   He is as militant as it gets.   He is easily a horrible person, who just wants to hurt guys....  That's why he isn't on a team.  No one wants his drama

It's really more the fact that he isn't a very good punter anymore.
Reply/Quote