Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings OL Coach Tony Sparano Dead
Tony Sparano, former head coach of the Dolphins and Raiders and current Vikings OL coach, has died suddenly just days before training camp. He was 56 years old. Sparano who was hospitalized briefly earlier last week with chest pains was found unresponsive by his wife Sunday morning. He is survived by his wife, 3 children, and 4 grandchildren.

Thoughts and Prayers to the Sparano family, the Vikings players and coaches, and Viking fans everywhere

On the practical side there is no talk about how the Vikings proceed from here with that role. With a young OL and new QB the Vikings are considered one of the best teams in the NFL.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Sad; was an old school coach that had a big personality.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Well that really sucks. 56yrs old. Tough for the family. Tough for the team. All in my thoughts.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wow, 56 is young to pass on, in this day and age. Deepest condolences to the Sparano family, as well as Vikings Nation.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I wonder if "Don't Stop Believing" was playing on the jukebox.
Reply/Quote
Well, apparently Big Willie's hopes of landing an oline coaching gig just got better.  It's not exactly the way you would normally want it to happen. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote