Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings release Thielen
I wonder where he ends up this upcoming season?

https://www.nfl.com/news/vikings-releasing-wr-adam-thielen-after-nine-seasons-in-minnesota
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Thielen is declining in speed and production. Anywhere he goes he may be looking at #3 or a depth player.

Reply/Quote
I love Thielen... if he'd be willing to accept the Tyler Boyd role or 4th WR he'd be perfect for this offense.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 01:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think Thielen is declining in speed and production. Anywhere he goes he may be looking at #3 or a depth player.

I think that I mentioned in another thread that I'd take Thielen off of the bench, any game of the year.  Meaning, I agree that he's lost a step, and likely more susceptible to injuries and such, but as a package/spell player I think he would be fantastic depth.  The question is "Is he ready to take a back seat role?".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 12:31 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I wonder where he ends up this upcoming season?

https://www.nfl.com/news/vikings-releasing-wr-adam-thielen-after-nine-seasons-in-minnesota

some team looking for some Vet presence for their young QB most likely....   

Chicago? Carolina (they really dont have a wr now lol)
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 10:54 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: some team looking for some Vet presence for their young QB most likely....   

Chicago? Carolina (they really dont have a wr now lol)

Oh no, they'll probably throw the world at Tee if he makes it to FA.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 11:03 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Oh no, they'll probably throw the world at Tee if he makes it to FA.

well tee is under contract for this season so no worries atm
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2023, 01:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think Thielen is declining in speed and production. Anywhere he goes he may be looking at #3 or a depth player.

If on decline means 30 TDs in last 3 yrs. Sign me up.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 07:56 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If on decline means 30 TDs in last 3 yrs. Sign me up.

Nice try. 14 tds in 2020, 10tds in 2021 and 6tds in 2022. That’s declining. But yeah, he’s opposite Jefferson which is tough to get the production.

Reply/Quote
I agree he's declining but if he signed a reasonable deal to be the 4th WR I'd roll with it. When people say "ring chasers" I think they wrongly assume it means a star player in his prime will sign with a contending squad. I think it's more practical to look for veterans who, although not their former star-self, can still contribute to success. Those are the "ring chasers" you're more likely to attract and sign.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 11:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Nice try. 14 tds in 2020, 10tds in 2021 and 6tds in 2022. That’s declining. But yeah, he’s opposite Jefferson which is tough to get the production.

I don't see that as decline , I see it as still productive especially with Jerfferson, he will be a nice signing for someone
Reply/Quote