14m14 minutes ago
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
The #Bengals are re-signing LB Vincent Rey, source said
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 01:24 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: 14m14 minutes ago
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Nice! Our defense and special teams needed him.

I'm guessing the $15M free agent limit was a red herring after all. Gave us lots to talk about though.

Reply/Quote
Pro Bowl special teams player and captain. Solid backup LB. This is a good move. Now, please sign Reggie and Leon.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
3 years 12 million... Not bad, not bad
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Necessary signing with that ridiculous 3 game suspension on Burfict. Good job FO.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 01:29 PM)Shady Wrote: Pro Bowl special teams player and captain. Solid backup LB. This is a good move. Now, please sign Reggie and Leon.

Doubt we see either. I read yesterday we have moved on from Reggie, and unless Leon is playing for pennies as the alst guy on the roster I pass. Pacman, Kirk, Dennard, Shaw with a possible addition of another mid rounder this year. Just don't see a need for Leon anymore.
Reply/Quote
Rey also knows all LBer positions/assignments too, correct? Good news here.
Reply/Quote
Love the signing at this price. Rewards a guy with good money and his value as a rotational guy with special teams ability makes him invaluable to the team. Not to mention he's another quality locker room guy.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 01:29 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Nice! Our defense and special teams needed him.

I'm guessing the $15M free agent limit was a red herring after all. Gave us lots to talk about though.

Yep. Think we hit something like 19ish mil so far? Probably won't stay with the 5 mil for "just in case" money as they usually do.

Also says alot about the bengals are cheap and don't spend near the cap. They're doing that now (with their own players!).

Bravo to FO.

[Image: 200.gif]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 01:48 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Yep. Think we hit something like 19ish mil so far? Probably won't stay with the 5 mil for "just in case" money as they usually do.

Also says alot about the bengals are cheap and don't spend near the cap. They're doing that now (with their own players!).

Bravo to FO.

[Image: 200.gif]

Depends on what they do to extend Eifert this year. We just spent roughly 19 of $36M of cap space and we draft late so the rookie pool will be smallish.

Reply/Quote
It's all about the dollars. At the Bengals aren't cutting to come down to their Cap. So far, I think the signings have been fair.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 01:31 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: 3 years 12 million... Not bad, not bad

Actually that sounds a little steep to me.

That is starter money.  This probably means don't look for a LB early in the draft.  
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 01:37 PM)Au165 Wrote: Doubt we see either. I read yesterday we have moved on from Reggie, and unless Leon is playing for pennies as the alst guy on the roster I pass. Pacman, Kirk, Dennard, Shaw with a possible addition of another mid rounder this year. Just don't see a need for Leon anymore.

Leon's had his pay day, and he earned it. He might sign cheap. Reggie is even less clear, I agree. And it is a VERY good thing we drafted some young talent at DB. But I think they'd both like to stay. Don't know if we can afford it. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 02:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually that sounds a little steep to me.

That is starter money.  This probably means don't look for a LB early in the draft.  

Well, he has been starting. Should he be in 2016? We'll have to see who we draft, but you know how Marvin is about starting rookies.
Reply/Quote
Would've liked to see a new direction here, or a backup salary given.

We gotta pray Dawson improves in practice or we'll see the same mediocre LB play as years past.
Reply/Quote
I like Rey has a backup but not sure how I feel about him being a full time starter.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I would have really liked to see them come up with an additional $2 million per year and get Travathon, a three down starting linebacker.
Reply/Quote
Def good to get Vinnie back.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Sounds like a fair contract to me.  Don't know the numbers but he probably played the most snaps of any of our LBs ,it doesn't make him a starter technically but pretty much what he plays.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 01:24 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: 14m14 minutes ago
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

This is fantastic news!
Reply/Quote