Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vinnie Rey/MJ
If the Bengals are the AFC contender in sB50, BUrfict is damn going to be playing this year. Not saying we can't get there without him, but there is no way he is going to allow a bowl win without his participation. Think of it like a Kam Chancellor breakup fumble at the end, one timely sack, one timely tackle. Or one timely roughing the passer penalty, you never know with that guy, lol.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 09:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Just curious, but why do you say this?  All indications are that he has been working out and is recovering as expected.

Why do you think he will not play this year?

I was wondering the same thing. All indications are he is moving well on the rehab field. I don't know if he is back for Pittsburgh but I have every expectation he is back this year. People act like the micro fracture is a death sentence, it may have used to be, but Revis has been doing fine since then and there are plenty other examples of people who have come back. If he hadn't been running and cutting for sometime up until this point I'd be worried but he has been moving pretty actively for two or three months now.

I'll be honest the concussions still scare me far more than the knee.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 09:59 AM)Au165 Wrote: I was wondering the same thing. All indications are he is moving well on the rehab field. I don't know if he is back for Pittsburgh but I have every expectation he is back this year. People act like the micro fracture is a death sentence, it may have used to be, but Revis has been doing fine since then and there are plenty other examples of people who have come back. If he hadn't been running and cutting for sometime up until this point I'd be worried but he has been moving pretty actively for two or three months now.

I'll be honest the concussions still scare me far more than the knee.

Actually, he has been running/moving now for about 6 months.

He will be back this year and I anticipate he will be fine as he rounds into football shape.

I do agree about the concussions and hope the doctors and trainers and coaches have watched film of his tackling so he does not concuss himself as he has done in the past.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Late in the game, well after they took Rey off on the cart, there was a shot of Rey on the sidelines (still in uniform) late in the 4th. If his injury was anything serious he'd of been in the trainer's room/on the way to the hospital, or at the minimum he'd of been in street clothes. Rey should be fine.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 09:28 AM)Synric Wrote: Carter had a few snaps at DE after MJ went down. Couldn't really tell how well he played because the Bengals Dline was being held the ENTIRE game. I do know he was right there on the Dunlap sack.

Typical Rex Ryan team = no discipline. 

Put it this way: If Pacman has to tell you you're out of control...you're probably a Rex Ryan goon taunting him.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 09:28 AM)Synric Wrote: Carter had a few snaps at DE after MJ went down. Couldn't really tell how well he played because the Bengals Dline was being held the ENTIRE game. I do know he was right there on the Dunlap sack.

I realize that you only look at the times your team doesn't get a call and forget to look at the times when the other team doesn't get a call, but yeah, I saw Geno get his jersey yanked twice and Dunlap's jersey was yanked on the TD pass right before the half.
Reply/Quote
I've been on the tempered expectations for Burfict all year.  Look at the history of this organization and how they handle injuries.  We might see Burfict because I truly believe he wants to be out there, but lets be realistic.  I highly doubt we see him until the last 25% of the year.  Remember, the Bengals have until week 11 to activate him off PUP...and another 3 weeks (week 14) to put him on the 53-man roster.  It's possible they hold out as long as they can without needing him...and he doesn't play until the last 3 or 4 games.

Those wanting to see him in week 8 or week 9 are living in another reality.  I'll bet he isn't even practicing by then.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 09:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You guys may be right, but I am really surprised that so many people are being so negative.

Remember when Whitworth missed the entire pre-season in 2013 and then played every regular season game having one of the best seasons of his career?

I'm not saying he won't play this year, I'm saying he is probably not going to play at his usual level. It would be very unique for a player to go onto a football field after the surgeries he had, and not be tentative about the knee. Not to mention the rust on his game. I think he will be back to his usual self...but it will probably be next year.
Reply/Quote
Both MJ & VR walked out of the stadium carrying their own bags. What does it mean? Who knows, other than treatment. But yeah, VR returned to the sideline with his helmet, but he was never going to go back in. Unless something really odd happens here today after swelling goes down, etc., I would expect both to be good to go in Pitt.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
He looks pretty good here, taking some reps before the Buffalo game....

https://instagram.com/p/8-3u7PC_uP/
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Thumbs Up 
(10-19-2015, 12:23 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I've been on the tempered expectations for Burfict all year.  Look at the history of this organization and how they handle injuries.  We might see Burfict because I truly believe he wants to be out there, but lets be realistic.  I highly doubt we see him until the last 25% of the year.  Remember, the Bengals have until week 11 to activate him off PUP...and another 3 weeks (week 14) to put him on the 53-man roster.  It's possible they hold out as long as they can without needing him...and he doesn't play until the last 3 or 4 games.

Those wanting to see him in week 8 or week 9 are living in another reality.  I'll bet he isn't even practicing by then.

I like waiting as long as possible for a couple reasons: We are 6-0, and I'm sure someone goes on IR between week 8 and week 13--opening up up a roster spot, so we don't have to cut anyone to activate him on the 53. The idea that we're going into our bye with a few minor injuries to heal up is great.

I don't care for the play of our linebackers this season, and Burfict does put us over the top. But, it's best to be cautious with serious injuries. To be ready for the playoffs (when we really want all hands on deck), all Burfict needs is a couple games to get into mid-season form.

(10-19-2015, 02:20 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Both MJ & VR walked out of the stadium carrying their own bags. What does it mean? Who knows, other than treatment. But yeah, VR returned to the sideline with his helmet, but he was never going to go back in. Unless something really odd happens here today after swelling goes down, etc., I would expect both to be good to go in Pitt.

Thanks for the info [Image: thumbsup.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 02:20 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Both MJ & VR walked out of the stadium carrying their own bags. What does it mean? Who knows, other than treatment. But yeah, VR returned to the sideline with his helmet, but he was never going to go back in. Unless something really odd happens here today after swelling goes down, etc., I would expect both to be good to go in Pitt.

Thank you....Vinnie has done very admirably calling the defense this year...even made a game sealing play.  I was more worried about him than MJ....due to him being carted off and an already thin LB corps.  I'd hate to lose either....but it seemed to me that Vinnie would be the biggest detriment due to his calling the defense. Had I seen him return to the sideline , I wouldn't have been as concerned. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 09:57 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Heard on the post game show that MJ's injury is a bone bruise. Isn't expected to miss any time. But we've heard that before with 'bone bruises'.

Damn, almost every orthopedic injury I ever had included a bone bruise..... two knee replacements and shoulder on the way later........
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 09:58 PM)Rattler Wrote: Hoping for a healthy Tazmanian Devil suited up for the stoolers game in the ketchup field.

Is it Ketchup or Catsup?  I always get them confused.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 09:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You guys may be right, but I am really surprised that so many people are being so negative.

Remember when Whitworth missed the entire pre-season in 2013 and then played every regular season game having one of the best seasons of his career?

I think it is being more realistic and tempering expectations.  Atkins wasn't a world beater until almost 2 years removed from his injury.  Burfict hasn't played football in over a year.  Even if his knee is in great shape, I'd expect it would take a while for him to be in game shape and trust it fully.  And Whitworth is an offensive lineman.  He isn't running around all over the place.  

I would love for Burfict to come back 100% because we could use him.  Just think we are fooling ourselves to expect him to come back like nothing ever happened.  (At least not this year.)
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 06:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Is it Ketchup or Catsup?  I always get them confused.

Well that's kind of like BBQ sauce.  Is it tomato based (mid-west style) or vinegar/mustard based (carolina style) either way - if it tastes good I'm in with some Ketsup!
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2015, 10:00 PM)pally Wrote: Hobson's Quick Hits article indicated they both had sprains

Knee sprains or ankle?

Knee sprains suck ass.
Reply/Quote

What's your opinion on when Burfict might be able to play?
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 06:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Is it Ketchup or Catsup?  I always get them confused.
Heinz Field, so ketchup.

If it were Hunts Field, it would be catsup.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 12:42 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Burfcit isn't playing this year.

Calling it now.

I really doubt this.  If that were the case, they would have put him on IR long ago freeing up a roster spot. 
Reply/Quote