Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vinny Rey makes week 2 All Defensive Team
According to PFF:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-best-player-at-every-position-in-nfl-week-2/

Quote:Linebacker: Vincent Rey, Cincinnati Bengals, 91.6

In the slippery conditions caused by the rain, Vincent Rey was a force against the Steelers, attacking the run well and recording five defensive stops. He also surrendered just one reception for 7 yards in coverage.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wonder how DreK graded out?

He had one damn fine game.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I still don't like v. Rey
Reply/Quote
I like Vinney. He is a fine backup linebacker. People just need to realize what he is though and quit calling for him to start over Maualuga, because Vinney doesn't hold up when he's pressed into starting.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 08:09 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I still don't like v. Rey

Why?  He has played outstanding football this year and is an incredible value. 

I wonder if the officials from the Bengals/steelers game were recognized.  They had more to do with the outcome than anyone else. 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 08:09 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I still don't like v. Rey

Lol I'm not his biggest fan but, he did solid however in this game.
Reply/Quote
Vinnie plays very well for a backup LB....I don't get the disdain for the guy.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 08:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Why?  He has played outstanding football this year and is an incredible value. 

I wonder if the officials from the Bengals/steelers game were recognized.  They had more to do with the outcome than anyone else. 
So many ppl have told me to get over it this week already

I love how petty this board is about the Steelers lol
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 09:34 AM)Wyche Wrote: Vinnie plays very well for a backup LB....I don't get the disdain for the guy.

Funny thing is that after the '13 season he was considered that bgreatest thing since sliced bread around here.

Back then I claimed he was overrated.  Now I say he is underrated.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 09:34 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Vinnie plays very well for a backup LB....I don't get the disdain for the guy.
This should change now (because of Dansby), but he's a back up that always seems to be on the field the past few seasons. It's not disdain, it's just that he's blah.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 04:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny thing is that after the '13 season he was considered that bgreatest thing since sliced bread around here.

Back then I claimed he was overrated.  Now I say he is underrated.

All depends on the circumstances I guess.  Wasn't that the year he had some big plays....including a game clinching INT....or was that '14?  

A lot of people hate on him now....he is what he is...a very good guy to have off your bench.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 08:46 PM)jason Wrote: This should change now (because of Dansby), but he's a back up that always seems to be on the field the past few seasons. It's not disdain, it's just that he's blah.

Yeah....that's a fair asessment.  With the injuries at LB we have had....the team hasn't had a choice.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 09:34 AM)Wyche Wrote: Vinnie plays very well for a backup LB....I don't get the disdain for the guy.

He's more than made up for the team parting ways with Emmanuel Lamur.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 08:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He's more than made up for the team parting ways with Emmanuel Lamur.

Absolutely.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 08:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Why?  He has played outstanding football this year and is an incredible value. 

Why?  Simply cause I don't think he's any good.   Hes had some good games in the past but overall I think he's a weak link on defense. I've seen him struggle to tackle guys and get burnt in coverage.  I've seen him drop key interceptions.  I'd rather have anybody else in there then him. 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 08:44 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I like Vinney. He is a fine backup linebacker. People just need to realize what he is though and quit calling for him to start over Maualuga, because Vinney doesn't hold up when he's pressed into starting.
He is definitely one of the better backup LBs in the league. He has always been at least solid. The issue arises when he is forcced into too much time, but he fits the filling in for injury (or suspension...) role fine
(09-21-2016, 08:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He's more than made up for the team parting ways with Emmanuel Lamur.

Well that's because Lamur was also really bad
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2016, 10:39 AM)Housh Wrote: So many ppl have told me to get over it this week already

I love how petty this board is about the Steelers lol

get over what getting screwed by the refs 2 games with the steelers in a row?
Reply/Quote
Anyone complaining about V.Rey is clueless.

He's a leader and he has pulled our butt out of the fire a few times over the years. Plus he is always our safety net when Burfict gets injured or suspended. From what I've read he's the smartest player out of the linebackers maybe even on the defense a whole. He's not a world beater but he's a stout tackler and just overall damn solid. We need guys like him to hopefully win a Super Bowl.

Not too shabby for an undrafted rookie out of Duke.
Reply/Quote
Vinny the Hit Man !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote