[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
[Image: v0065_s-200x150.gif]

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Vontaze Burfict’s defense likely doesn’t hold water

Posted by Mike Florio on March 16, 2018, 3:06 PM EDT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/16/vontaze-burficts-defense-likely-doesnt-hold-water/

Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict, who previously has been suspended for pretty much everything but violating the PED policy, now faces a PED violation. And his camp has leaked a self-serving excuse to ESPN that, as articulated, holds less water than a hula hoop.

Adam Schefter of ESPN passes along the notion that Burfict will argue that the positive test came from medication prescribed for him after a December 4 concussion and/or medication prescribed for him after a December 24 shoulder injury.

Burfict also will claim, according to Schefter, that the positive test occurred on December 27, after he had been ruled out for the season. Thus, he’ll argue that he couldn’t have gained any advantage because he wasn’t playing in any more games.

However, Schefter fails to mention that, as of December 27, Burfict hadn’t been ruled out for the season. Two days later, Burfict appeared on they injury report as doubtful, which indicates a 25-percent chance of playing. On December 30, Burfict was downgraded to out.
Perhaps more importantly, a player’s playing status has no relevance to the requirement that, 365 days per year, players cannot have banned substances in their system. Likewise, the league has specific procedures for obtaining permission to take prescription medications that are otherwise banned by the PED policy. There’s no indication that Burfict successfully complied with any and all requirements to obtain permission to take something that team doctors should have known are prohibited.
It’s possible Burfict got the medication from his own doctor, who may have been oblivious to the fact that the NFL will automatically suspend a player for four games if the substances are in his system.
Thus, on its surface, the planned defense looks like a losing proposition. Maybe there are more facts that would bolster the case.

If there were, they presumably would have been provided to Schefter and included in his story.
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
This whole drug policy in the NFL is a bunch of bullcrap. Let the players take anything they want. Its their bodies. Let them smoke dope if they want. If it effects their performance get rid of them. This is a brutal game. They know the risk. The NFL acts holier than now. BS
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 08:55 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: This whole drug policy in the NFL is a bunch of bullcrap. Let the players take anything they want. Its their bodies. Let them smoke dope if they want. If it effects their performance get rid of them. This is a brutal game. They know the risk. The NFL acts holier than now. BS

Except now you are forcing others to do it if they want to keep up.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 08:55 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: This whole drug policy in the NFL is a bunch of bullcrap. Let the players take anything they want. Its their bodies. Let them smoke dope if they want. If it effects their performance get rid of them. This is a brutal game. They know the risk. The NFL acts holier than now. BS

I can partly agree with this. However, I think there are some PED's that possibly increase your risk of injury. If that's true, I could see why a ban on certain ones could be legit. there are some on that list which are a joke. Kinda like that one player last year or year before who was suspended for taking a drug for A.D.D. I don't see why that would be on the list?

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 06:37 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Already suspended 4 games for 2018.

Well at least he is consistent and schedule makers will protect Bell and Steelers by making sure one game is scheduled in 1st four in 2018.

Burfict is beyond stupid.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 11:54 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well at least he is consistent and schedule makers will protect Bell and Steelers by making sure one game is scheduled in 1st four in 2018.

Hi Lovnuts.  More likely the schedule makers were trying to protect Birthdefect from JuJu Bone Crusher Smith. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 01:08 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Hi Lovnuts.  More likely the schedule makers were trying to protect Birthdefect from JuJu Bone Crusher Smith. ThumbsUp

Birthdefect is claiming the meds he was on for his concussion and shoulder injury are why he's being suspended. I'm assuming it's the concussion JuJu gave him as the failed test happened back in December. KARRRRMA! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 10:18 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Birthdefect is claiming the meds he was on for his concussion and shoulder injury are why he's being suspended. I'm assuming it's the concussion JuJu gave him as the failed test happened back in December. KARRRRMA! Hilarious

Birthdefect might of got busted on purpose so he didn't have to play anymore. Either that or when he does play he will be in more control of his emotions. A very good LB when he plays under control and not cost his team stupid penalties.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 08:44 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Birthdefect might of got busted on purpose so he didn't have to play anymore. Either that or when he does play he will be in more control of his emotions. A very good LB when he plays under control and not cost his team stupid penalties.

Yes, he's a very good linebacker in theory.
Reply/Quote

I realize that this is ALL a giant conspiracy by the league to protect the Steelers now!   Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 10:37 AM)GMDino Wrote:

I realize that this is ALL a giant conspiracy by the league to protect the Steelers now!   Ninja

But but it's still the same as the Steelers.  Cry
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 09:03 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I can partly agree with this. However, I think there are some PED's that possibly increase your risk of injury. If that's true, I could see why a ban on certain ones could be legit. there are some on that list which are a joke. Kinda like that one player last year or year before who was suspended for taking a drug for A.D.D. I don't see why that would be on the list?

It amazes me that a league that promotes and is synonymous  with beer and alcohol consumption, outlaws a player from going home after getting beat up in a tough game, putting his feet up and smoking a little pot to unwind. I personally don't partake (any longer), but that doesn't make much sense to me. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 11:54 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well at least he is consistent and schedule makers will protect Bell and Steelers by making sure one game is scheduled in 1st four in 2018.

I’m just going to put this here:

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2018/REG/STEELERS
Reply/Quote