Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Viral video of student confrontation over dreadlocks prompts investigation at SFSU
(03-30-2016, 09:34 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: This is  much more readable.  That being said, I was wrong.  You don't have a point.   Cool

(03-30-2016, 10:03 AM)Benton Wrote: That's your wife in the video?

Because, if so, she's a moron.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Am I getting old? Did every generation think the younger generation was made up of complete pusses, or is the millennial generation ACTUALLY made up of complete pusses?
(03-30-2016, 01:13 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Am I getting old? Did every generation think the younger generation was made up of complete pusses, or is the millennial generation ACTUALLY made up of complete pusses?

Yes.   Mellow
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-30-2016, 01:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes.   Mellow

Disheartening. 
Black rappers have appropriated white culture by stealing the N-word from us.

Cry "That was OURS!!" Cry

Ninja (white ninja)
(03-30-2016, 01:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Black rappers have appropriated white culture by stealing the N-word from us.

Cry "That was OURS!!"  Cry

Ninja (white ninja)

[Image: dante.jpg?w=630&h=354]

In case you had not seen the movie, I'm not really directing anything  at you.
I just thought it unwise to post Randal's quote that precedes it. Tongue
(03-30-2016, 01:55 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: [Image: dante.jpg?w=630&h=354]

In case you had not seen the movie, I'm not really directing anything  at you.
I just thought it unwise to post Randal's quote that precedes it. Tongue

I have the day off tomorrow and now I have to make it a View Askew day.
(03-30-2016, 02:25 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have the day off tomorrow and now I have to make it a View Askew day.

You're welcome !
I'll wear my jersey and think of you.
ThumbsUp

[Image: $_1.JPG]
(03-30-2016, 03:54 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: You're welcome !
I'll wear my jersey and think of you.
ThumbsUp

[Image: $_1.JPG]

That's alright, I'll make sure to drink some diet Coke out of my Mooby's cup. LOL
(03-30-2016, 01:13 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Am I getting old? Did every generation think the younger generation was made up of complete pusses, or is the millennial generation ACTUALLY made up of complete pusses?

I'll take the younger of today over the younger generation of the 1990's that was killed and injured each other at a rate twice as high as today.

Teen pregnancy rate is also much lower than it was in the '90's.

Every generation likes to wave its collective dick in front of the ones below it, because nothing says "hardass" like berating people younger than you. I can't wait until I have kids so I can rub it in their faces that I had to play Atari 2600 to entertain myself. My god you idiot kids, have you seen those graphics? We're talking NOTHING BUT SQUARES.

SQUARES!!!! Face it kids, you couldn't survive one loop of Yars Revenge. Soft ass kids.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-29-2016, 11:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: ...or when "code words" get bandied about like "uppity".  

Wait, "uppity" is a racist word?  I always thought it was commonly used to refer to people who are stuck-up.
--------------------------------------------------------

(03-31-2016, 03:51 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Wait, "uppity" is a racist word?  I always thought it was commonly used to refer to people who are stuck-up.

*I* do not think it should be...but it falls under those "weighted" words with historical context that get cited as demeaning to minorities. Especially blacks.
(03-31-2016, 04:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: *I* do not think it should be...but it falls under those "weighted" words with historical context that get cited as demeaning to minorities. Especially blacks.

TBH.. I've only seen it used that way in Blazing Saddles.

But.... I have faith in you and Mel Brooks, so I'll make note.
(03-31-2016, 04:33 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: TBH.. I've only seen it used that way in Blazing Saddles.

That's what really irritates me.  0.001% of the population hijack words to offend and bully hyper-sensitive types, and now everyone else that uses standard English as it was intended have to alter our speech.

Stop reading the dictionary for hidden meanings that aren't standard, common & accepted use.  The word, used correctly, is not the offense - that comes from the intent and context.  Your misperception of how I'm using the word does not mean I'm being offensive.

(03-31-2016, 05:19 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: That's what really irritates me.  0.001% of the population hijack words to offend and bully hyper-sensitive types, and now everyone else that uses standard English as it was intended have to alter our speech.

Stop reading the dictionary for hidden meanings that aren't standard, common & accepted use.  The word, used correctly, is not the offense - that comes from the intent and context.  Your misperception of how I'm using the word does not mean I'm being offensive.

Oh, I'm with you.
Words are just words.
I just didn't use the ninja in the last post, as I think I've overworked the little bugger.
(03-31-2016, 04:33 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: TBH.. I've only seen it used that way in Blazing Saddles.

I'd never steer you wrong.   ThumbsUp

(03-31-2016, 05:19 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: That's what really irritates me.  0.001% of the population hijack words to offend and bully hyper-sensitive types, and now everyone else that uses standard English as it was intended have to alter our speech.

And I totally agree.  As George Carlin said:  "There are no bad words. Bad thoughts. Bad intentions, and wooooords.”

But the fact remains that some words have a history that is hard to shake.
(03-31-2016, 05:23 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I just didn't use the ninja in the last post, as I think I've overworked the little bugger.

Seems kind of hypocritical that a generation hyper-sensitive to words and images would be so intolerant toward the Asian culture 

Just saying you'd never see them use an American Indian emoji  Ninja

(03-29-2016, 05:59 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Why is she worried about that dudes hair when the guy she is with is wearing pink tights a trench coat and giant black boots? He is obviously stealing white goth girls culture. Wtf lady

I thought he was with dreadlock boy, not her. Mellow

But this whole scenario would have been much more entertaining if she had her hair dyed blonde. ThumbsUp
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(03-31-2016, 05:23 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I just didn't use the ninja in the last post, as I think I've overworked the little bugger.

Look at Roto workin' that little ninja!!!

Ninja

Work it, baby! Work it!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]