Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virginia News Reporter Shot Live
Completely messed up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/3ih59o/the_virginia_news_shooter_just_posted_this_to_his/
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

I don't get it. I don't even know what to say about this stuff anymore.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-26-2015, 02:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't get it.  I don't even know what to say about this stuff anymore.

No doubt.  If you look further into the comments you'll find the go pro video the shooter posted of the actual shooting.  
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Pissed of former employee.

Sad story. I didn't watch the video because that's just not my thing.

Heard that the shooter was shot but in critical condition. Wasn't clear whether the police shot him or if it was self-inflicted.
This has been all over the news here. Alison, the female reporter that was killed, was a 2012 graduate from the university at which I am employed. She was an editor on the student newspaper and an intern at our local news station. The gunman fled up the interstate here and local school systems were on lock down as well as buildings near interstate ramps (ours included).

The suspect shot himself while running from VSP on I-66. VSP attempted a traffic stop and he fled for a time before crashing. When the vehicle was approached, he was found with a self-inflicted GSW.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Former employee. Said this was a response to the race war that the Charleston shooter wanted to start. Claimed he put the initials of the Charleston victims on his bullets.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-26-2015, 05:35 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Former employee. Said this was a response to the race war that the Charleston shooter wanted to start. Claimed he put the initials of the Charleston victims on his bullets.

Unconfirmed whether he sent that letter or not, from my understanding.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-26-2015, 07:03 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Unconfirmed whether he sent that letter or not, from my understanding.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/08/26/alleged-va-shooter-had-history-workplace-racism-complaints/32404967/

Can't link the whole thing, on my phone. But sounds like its what set him off and mentions the letter.
(08-26-2015, 07:28 PM)Benton Wrote: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/08/26/alleged-va-shooter-had-history-workplace-racism-complaints/32404967/

Can't link the whole thing, on my phone. But sounds like its what set him off and mentions the letter.

Yeah, the report I had read was a lot more hesitant in saying the letter was actually from him.

https://www.facebook.com/VirginiaStatePolice/posts/10153844755015101

It's been an interesting week. Freshmen move-in was yesterday. We had a 14 year old killed in the community while cleaning a firearm, a murdered body dumped on the train tracks less than 100 yards from campus, and now this.

It's a lot for a community of 30k without students and a 20k student population.

Meh. I'm becoming desensitized to it. Par for the course for 'Merica. Think that's the 2nd or 3rd shooting I've come across the past week.

Oh well, sympathies for the families. Nobody deserves to bury their children.
(08-26-2015, 07:43 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, the report I had read was a lot more hesitant in saying the letter was actually from him.

Yea, with how fast news develops, especially with a lot of his stuff being on social media, you have to play it safe with confirming things. I think they had some issues with the Aurora one.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Why does this shit only happen in the U.S. this often? Why don't other nations have this issue? What are we doing wrong?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(08-27-2015, 12:41 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Why does this shit only happen in the U.S. this often? Why don't other nations have this issue?  What are we doing wrong?

I'd argue that it stems from a single sentence included in our bill of rights 200+ years ago. But that's not a popular opinion. 
(08-27-2015, 01:00 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'd argue that it stems from a single sentence included in our bill of rights 200+ years ago. But that's not a popular opinion. 

Spoons make people fat.  
(08-27-2015, 12:41 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Why does this shit only happen in the U.S. this often? Why don't other nations have this issue?  What are we doing wrong?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers

On my phone and that's just the first thing that came up with a quick search, but I don't think it's just us. We may have more frequency, but misplaced violence is not uncommon everywhere.

We are doing nothing "wrong". It is just that everything is published.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-26-2015, 02:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't get it.  I don't even know what to say about this stuff anymore.

Yeah I don't get it either, WTF is wrong with people?!?!

It doesn't. It only gets reported here for the most part. We aren't doing anything wrong...other than plastering the killers' faces everywhere and everyone knows their names and it's a sure fire way to get attention...

(08-27-2015, 01:00 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'd argue that it stems from a single sentence included in our bill of rights 200+ years ago. But that's not a popular opinion. 

(08-27-2015, 01:13 AM)Benton Wrote: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers

On my phone and that's just the first thing that came up with a quick search, but I don't think it's just us. We may have more frequency, but misplaced violence is not uncommon everywhere.

well judging from what Benton posted...it doesn't seem like a sentence is the root cause...

If you want to look at gun violence as whole even then I don't think that sentence is the problem.