Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virtual Reality - Is This Something The Bengals Should Be Trying?
The Cowboys, 49rs, Patriots and Bucs are all looking at some version of a virtual reality training program.

With one of Andy's biggest issues being decisions made under pressure, and given Sam Wyche's solution for helping a talented quarterback (Andy) overcome his shortcomings, wouldn't it make sense for them to invest in this technology?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25248385/patriots-will-arm-themselves-with-virtual-reality-technology-become-4th-team-to-do-so 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They should look into it but I am not sure how much it would help.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 04:33 PM)J24 Wrote: They should look into it but I am not sure how much it would help.

I don't know either.  But it would seem that getting Andy the reps without the fear might help him develop the right automatic responses and bypass his panic reflex.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 06:29 PM)3wt Wrote: I don't know either.  But it would seem that getting Andy the reps without the fear might help him develop the right automatic responses and bypass his panic reflex.

I'd think this would become more of how well he plays a video game after a while.  Without the threat of being physically pummelled by a 240 lb linebacker who is an out of control train coming up the middle, I doubt this will have the desired effect.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 04:20 PM)3wt Wrote: With one of Andy's biggest issues being decisions made under pressure, and given Sam Wyche's solution for helping a talented quarterback (Andy) overcome his shortcomings, wouldn't it make sense for them to invest in this technology?

I think a better use of technology would be to research whether or not we could replace Andy with a Roomba, or perhaps a Roomba with an Apple Watch attached to it?
Reply/Quote
If it will help Andy, do it. We have all seen him play amazingly well and brutally horrible. I know he is capable of playing great but his attention or mindset seems to flat line at times.
Reply/Quote
I heard Mike Brown is on board, so he invested in one of these...good enough.

[Image: Virtual-Boy-wController.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 11:21 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I heard Mike Brown is on board, so he invested in one of these...good enough.

[Image: Virtual-Boy-wController.jpg]

I get a headache just looking at that thing
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2015, 10:04 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I'd think this would become more of how well he plays a video game after a while.  Without the threat of being physically pummelled by a 240 lb linebacker who is an out of control train coming up the middle, I doubt this will have the desired effect.

There's nothing like playing with live bullets.  But I think you practice crawling on your belly with a full pack and a gun in your hands before you try it with live ammunition.

I just think getting the reps while seeing what's happening in front of you might help him adjust mentally.   When it comes to playing in game situations all QBs deteriorate at some point.  Maybe this would get him past his 2nd read...
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2015, 04:56 PM)3wt Wrote: There's nothing like playing with live bullets.  But I think you practice crawling on your belly with a full pack and a gun in your hands before you try it with live ammunition.

I just think getting the reps while seeing what's happening in front of you might help him adjust mentally.   When it comes to playing in game situations all QBs deteriorate at some point.  Maybe this would get him past his 2nd read...

You mean he shouldnt just blindly throw it out to Gio no matter what?
Reply/Quote
It couldn't hurt. The Packers have been known to play music and Settlers of Catan together in order to build team chemistry. I've had this vision in my head of a computer program similar to madden(but realistic and faster) to help QBs diagnose defenses and open receivers by flashing pictures or gametape and having them click on the open guy or the mismatch as fast as possible. I think that they should be willing to try some cutting edge sorts of stuff so long as they don't let it get in the way of the tried and true methods of coaching.
Reply/Quote