Poll: what is "school shooting"?
YES.."school" is a concept
NO..."school" is a place
NEITHER...this is just an attempt to take away my guns
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virtual school shootings
If students were shot while at home during a virtual class session would it still count as a "school shooting"?
Reply/Quote
I say "yes" because the impact would be the same. The victim pool would be the same. All of the killings would be connected through the "school".
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 10:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I say "yes" because the impact would be the same.  The victim pool would be the same.  All of the killings would be connected through the "school".

Are we talking about ONE isolated shooting, or a shooter who goes from house to house shooting students on Zoom or something?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 10:26 PM)Dill Wrote: Are we talking about ONE isolated shooting, or a shooter who goes from house to house shooting students on Zoom or something?

Multiple students killed while on same zoom session class.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 10:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Multiple students killed while on same zoom session class.

Why do you think about that ??

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
If a tree falls in the woods, and no woman hears it fall, is it still the man's fault?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 10:41 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Why do you think about that ??

I have two children in high school.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 10:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If a tree falls in the woods, and no woman hears it fall, is it still the man's fault?

Depends.

Are there any deaf women nearby?
Reply/Quote
School can transcend the physical building, but someone being shot while logged on a virtual class meet is not a "school shooting".
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 12:44 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: School can transcend the physical building, 

I agree with that school of thought.

Most students say they are "in school" during on-line class sessions.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 12:44 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote:  someone being shot while logged on a virtual class meet is not a "school shooting".

What if someone shoots two janitors who are working at night in a school building?

Is that a "school shooting"?
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 01:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What if someone shoots two janitors who are working at night in a school building?

No, not as we track the statistic in that line of business. We also throw out shootings that occur just outside the building but on the property that isn't during school hours (which is more common than you'd think).
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 01:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What if someone shoots two janitors who are working at night in a school building?

It’s a shooting at school. In the most technical sense it’s a “school shooting” but in the sense that it’s a “school shooting” as in a shooting designed to target minors, no, but that’s only relevant within certain context
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote