Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vita vea fans dt1
So we all know Vita vea is dontari Poe 2.0. he's a huge run stuffer but can also rush the passer like a top 10 dt. but we didn't know that he was THIS fast. According to reports, he ran a laser timed 4.81 40 time. That's fast for any dt. He 6"4 345 pounds. I'd be perfectly fine taking him at 12.
Reply/Quote
Watched him in one of the last games of the year and said to myself "I can see the Bengals drafting this guy in the 1st.>
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 12:36 AM)bonesaw Wrote: Watched him in one of the last games of the year and said to myself "I can see the Bengals drafting this guy in the 1st.>

He's amazing. With the right coaching, he could be a slightly lesser version of Geno atkins in Vince wilforks body 
Reply/Quote
If the Cincinnati Bengals want to give the defense a 3-4 look then he would be perfect.

In addition all the players I really like maybe gone by number 12 in the first round. I would be fine drafting this guy at number 12.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I haven't really just singled out Vita Vea in a game. I know he's huge strong and has a great first step but how well does he move laterally? Or is he a straight 0 tech nose tackle?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 07:30 PM)Synric Wrote: I haven't really just singled out Vita Vea in a game. I know he's huge strong and has a great first step but how well does he move laterally? Or is he a straight 0 tech nose tackle?
Single him out when u watch tape. He can play any 0, 1, 3, or 5 tech. His laterall agility is very good, able to move laterally and force runners off their lane.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 12:41 AM)Jpoore Wrote: He's amazing. With the right coaching, he could be a slightly lesser version of Geno atkins in Vince wilforks body 

What I like about him is that he could be an every down player at NT that could help the rest of the defensive line.  I think he is what I was hoping Billings would be.  Billings could still be a very effective rotational player at NT in pass-rushing situations (and there are obviously lots of those) but I think there are just very few people on this planet that have the size, strength, and mobility of this guy.  

Someone asked on another thread who we would build a team around.  This guy could be the answer.  Imagine what the so-called NASCAR package of Willis/Dunlap at LDE, Geno at DT, Vea/Billings at NT, and Lawson/Smith at RDE would do.  
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 09:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: What I like about him is that he could be an every down player at NT that could help the rest of the defensive line.  I think he is what I was hoping Billings would be.  Billings could still be a very effective rotational player at NT in pass-rushing situations (and there are obviously lots of those) but I think there are just very few people on this planet that have the size, strength, and mobility of this guy.  

Someone asked on another thread who we would build a team around.  This guy could be the answer.  Imagine what the so-called NASCAR package of Willis/Dunlap at LDE, Geno at DT, Vea/Billings at NT, and Lawson/Smith at RDE would do.  

I agree with every part of this. Worst part is I doubt we draft him. If u look at it from Cincy prespective u have 2 nt that are rookies. They like them they'll want to see what they have. But yes ur right. I mean I just watched the ucla game and Stanford game again. Ucla was triple teaming him. And they weren't bringing in a te to help block they were bringing in a ot. They had 2 left tacked and the left guard on him all game and he still destroyed them. Imagine him.getting one on one. And in the standard game there was 5 or 6 times on a 3rd and 1 or 2 that love ran the ball up the middle. Vea knew he couldn't get to him in time so he just pushed the guard into the hole and closed it off with the guards body. That's awareness. My favorite player in draft is a tie between price and James, but vea is right behind. I hope we draft hi.but u doubt we will.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 11:06 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I agree with every part of this. Worst part is I doubt we draft him. If u look at it from Cincy prespective u have 2 nt that are rookies. They like them they'll want to see what they have. But yes ur right. I mean I just watched the ucla game and Stanford game again. Ucla was triple teaming him. And they weren't bringing in a te to help block they were bringing in a ot. They had 2 left tacked and the left guard on him all game and he still destroyed them. Imagine him.getting one on one. And in the standard game there was 5 or 6 times on a 3rd and 1 or 2 that love ran the ball up the middle. Vea knew he couldn't get to him in time so he just pushed the guard into the hole and closed it off with the guards body. That's awareness. My favorite player in draft is a tie between price and James, but vea is right behind. I hope we draft hi.but u doubt we will.

I get your line of thinking, but by the same line of thinking, no one would have expected Ross.  They had other young WRs they were high on (Core) and a veteran FA (Lafell, puke) but they still saw what Ross could do to this offense.  Obviously, the coach (assbag) felt differently, but you get my point.  

The Vikings are built on defense.  The Eagles have a strong defense.  The Jags have a strong defense.  The Pats have a strong defense.  

It is a copycat league, and if somehow a team like Jax or the Vikes wins it all, even more emphasis will be on the defense. 

One final point about Vea:  He makes all our LBs better, and Burfict would be all too thrilled to have a Defensive line that kept the guards off him.  
Reply/Quote
bigger better version of peko and is quickly becoming my #1 option for our first pick if we are at 12. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes top 10 after testing, but regardless of 4/3 or 3/4 you can fit him in and he would skyrocket the production on the line especially for lawson and atkins.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 11:06 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I agree with every part of this. Worst part is I doubt we draft him. If u look at it from Cincy prespective u have 2 nt that are rookies. They like them they'll want to see what they have. But yes ur right. I mean I just watched the ucla game and Stanford game again. Ucla was triple teaming him. And they weren't bringing in a te to help block they were bringing in a ot. They had 2 left tacked and the left guard on him all game and he still destroyed them. Imagine him.getting one on one. And in the standard game there was 5 or 6 times on a 3rd and 1 or 2 that love ran the ball up the middle. Vea knew he couldn't get to him in time so he just pushed the guard into the hole and closed it off with the guards body. That's awareness. My favorite player in draft is a tie between price and James, but vea is right behind. I hope we draft hi.but u doubt we will.

What I'm reading from all of that?

Avoid drafting any OL from UCLA, at all cost.   Mellow

FWIW, I'm a Vea fan.  Even though the Bengals have more critical needs at OL and LB, I would be completely satisfied if they traded back a couple spots and took Vea.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If the right OL does not fall to us, which could see teams trading up in front of us to nab them like WR's a few years back.

Then would be fine with the Vita Vea pick and attack OL in other rounds.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 12:29 PM)Go Cards Wrote: If the right OL does not fall to us, which could see teams trading up in front of us to nab them like WR's a few years back.

Then would be fine with the Vita Vea pick and attack OL in other rounds.

One of the tackles will in all likelihood make it to 12.  And that's who we will draft.  They are going to have to give Lazor the support he needs, and he has already said he wants big men up front.   So my guess is McGlinchey or Brown will be the guy.

The question is who is the better player, Vea, Payne, McGlinchey, Brown or Williams?

If Vea is that good (and I have not looked at his film), and all the draftniks so far really like him - and have questions about all 3 of those OTs, we should take him.

We have been unable to stop the run the last couple of years.  The last couple of games I thought the D line was struggling as much as the O line.

They market Vea as the next Ngata.   How much would we give for someone like that for this defense.

Regardless, neither he nor Payne will be drafted by us.  This will be an offensive fix.  I think that Brown, Lewis and Lazor will be unanimous in this.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 04:20 PM)3wt Wrote: One of the tackles will in all likelihood make it to 12.  And that's who we will draft.  They are going to have to give Lazor the support he needs, and he has already said he wants big men up front.   So my guess is McGlinchey or Brown will be the guy.

The question is who is the better player, Vea, Payne, McGlinchey, Brown or Williams?

If Vea is that good (and I have not looked at his film), and all the draftniks so far really like him - and have questions about all 3 of those OTs, we should take him.

We have been unable to stop the run the last couple of years.  The last couple of games I thought the D line was struggling as much as the O line.

They market Vea as the next Ngata.   How much would we give for someone like that for this defense.

Regardless, neither he nor Payne will be drafted by us.  This will be an offensive fix.  I think that Brown, Lewis and Lazor will be unanimous in this.

I think you will be disappointed.  I don't think the Bengals take a tackle in the first 2 rounds.  

New O-line coach will inherit 2 young tackles that still have some room to grow.  I still can't see the team giving up on those guys.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 12:07 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think you will be disappointed.  I don't think the Bengals take a tackle in the first 2 rounds.  

New O-line coach will inherit 2 young tackles that still have some room to grow.  I still can't see the team giving up on those guys.

not to mention i wouldn't be surprised if boling and smith were the tackles next year.  I still think value wise smith is a great right tackle.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
If no LT available at #12 I'd be fine with going DT.
Reply/Quote
I'd be happy with him being here. A VERY good player.
Atkins is getting up there in age. Sims has always been mehhhh. Billings has shown flashes but needs to clean up his play and finish them (seriously, watch his tape and he's in the backfield for a big stop but can't wrap up).

I would be all for it.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote