Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vocabulary? trends that make me an annoyed old man
(03-29-2022, 08:09 PM)basballguy Wrote: Funny you say that, the NBA has also grown tired of pivoting

Did you get professional help yet and acknowledge you have a problem?  Hilarious Cool
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 08:21 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Did you get professional help yet and acknowledge you have a problem?  Hilarious Cool

Absolutely not.  I will have to be forcefully committed.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 08:43 PM)basballguy Wrote: Absolutely not.  I will have to be forcefully committed.  

I wanna be committed, Insanity permitted....I wanna be committed , for my mind... *The Sweet
Now you got that song stuck in my mind...damned you!  Tongue
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The upspeak is extremely irritating.

“Narrative “. I ***** despise that word. How about just tell the truth?
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Gentlemen, it is what it is.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 02:37 AM)SladeX Wrote: The upspeak is extremely irritating.

“Narrative “. I ***** despise that word. How about just tell the truth?

It's the narrative that there's some kind of narrative going on that I hate..  Ninja

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I think TMI got overly used

and I absolutely loathe the phrase "$50 only get you short time"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 05:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think TMI got overly used

and I absolutely loathe the phrase "$50 only get you short time"

TMI
Reply/Quote
One that I hate:

"Real Talk"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 11:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: One that I hate:

"Real Talk"

Fact
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Greatest of all time..
It only works if time suddenly ceases to exist in which case it doesn't matter anyway since nobody will be left alive to even care even if it's been recorded. 
Does anyone realistically believe that nobody ever from the past 20 years till the end of the human race could possibly break Tom Brady's record of being a great QB? I'm sure there's probably a few people that dumb, but they won't get my vote for being the smartest person of all time.. 

Reply/Quote
In honor of National Griper's Day (est. 1984) I'd like to offer that; People who call business, and bust right into some long winded problem or situation they need figured out for them, without even introducing themselves or verifying if the person that they are speaking with is the correct individual to be speaking with, annoy the crap out of me.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2022, 01:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In honor of National Griper's Day (est. 1984)  I'd like to offer that;  People who call business, and bust right into some long winded problem or situation they need figured out for them, without even introducing themselves or verifying if the person that they are speaking with is the correct individual to be speaking with, annoy the crap out of me.

Working in customer service lately?  Just so you know, I'll have your job with that kind of attitude!  You'll never work in this town again!  
I wish I had a dime for every schmuck that told me that line of bullshit.. lol

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2022, 01:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In honor of National Griper's Day (est. 1984) 

Damn, wouldn't you know it.  They picked the worst date possible for National Gripers Day.
Reply/Quote
My annoyance is when they use the wrong word. Then when they mean than. Dominate when they mean dominant. Also the incorrect use of literally.
Reply/Quote
A few that somewhat bother me:

Not really a new trend but it is used all the time, "I could care less"  when people mean they could not care less.   Saying I could care less means you actually care to some degree.   Although some may debate that "I could care less" is used so often now it is understood as the same meaning.

And this one I have noticed being used more and more over the years, "I know, right?"   If you know then why are you ending it with a question asking for validation?

But mostly I couldn't care less.   Wink   People pick up terms and words from the people they are around the most. That's how children learn languages.   It's easy to pick things up accidentally when everyone around you are saying the same things over and over.  I grew up in an area where "ain’t" was a part of everyday language by most people.  It was hard to not adopt the word myself. 

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 07:35 AM)Jason_NC Wrote: My annoyance is when they use the wrong word.  Then when they mean than.  Dominate when they mean dominant.  Also the incorrect use of literally.

You ain't just whistling Dixie are you? Could it be literally a verbal response?  Strange how so many people don't know the difference between their pie holes and their butt holes...literally!  LOL

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 12:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Damn, wouldn't you know it.  They picked the worst date possible for National Gripers Day.

Let's win one for the griper.. Screw the gripper..  Hilarious  Gipper? Gopher? Tripper? I've never gotten that one right.. 

Reply/Quote
One thing I'm trying to do better (i recently noticed this) is eliminate beginning sentences with "I mean." I do it in written form a lot but recently noticed i actually SAY "I mean" when talking at work. It just adds no value to the sentence with how everyone uses it.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
"Invisible" is the opposite of "visible".

"Inflammable" is the same as "flammable".

Not really a new "trend" but I felt I had to add something.
Reply/Quote