Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volfefe Index
I saw this tweet, and thought "this can't be true."

[Image: zHXGWhYEAvM7EtdFqitCOQFgw6zKM2pT0f59HQW-...af6760b3f1]

Then I searched for "volfefe index" and this popped up: https://www.apnews.com/ac1d72ae8c904d9987ebe4ac5c28e9f9

Quote:NEW YORK (AP) — Financial markets have become so in thrall to President Donald Trump’s tweets that J.P. Morgan has created an index to help identify how much volatility they’re creating.

Strategists at the bank developed the “Volfefe” index by measuring which Trump tweets triggered big movements in Treasury yields, one of the world’s most closely followed markets and one that influences prices for stocks and nearly every other investment. J.P. Morgan said the index, whose name is reminiscent of Trump’s “covfefe” tweet, shows Trump’s tweets explain a “measureable fraction” of volatility, particularly in the market for shorter-term rates.

This is the world we live in.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
It's been a real thing for a while now. This is just them measuring it haha.

I love the name though.