Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volson 4th highest compensation by NFL performance-based pay
(04-04-2024, 08:50 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: YUP

And that's the thing that makes you nuts about him. Couple games he'll look like he's really "getting it" improving, stepping up. Then the next couple games he looks like a  PS call up because of injuries. 

Fingers crossed he puts it all together this season. 

I know, watched all his snaps against Arik Armstead in the 49ers game and it was extremely impressive going against a very 
formidable DT. He played pretty good against the Bills then fell off again in pass protection, then had a 4 game stretch where
he was top 5 in the NFL in pass protection, we all know he can be a good run blocker. But the consistency is just all over the
place with Volson and he was downright terrible early last season, just like his rookie year.

(04-04-2024, 09:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, he's been a frustrating at times work in progress, but there's no quit in him, and he's as durable as they come.  Don't underestimate the jump from smaller division school to the NFL, as far as trench play goes. That's not an excuse, just an explanation for the what I expected learning curve. Seems like every time he gives up a negative play, he comes back with a few crushing blocks. Hoping that the third season he proves to be a model of consistency.

Thought the smaller Division would be a big deal, it was in his rookie season early, but then I thought he got it together later in that
season. Then he started off bad again early last season. Just been a roller coaster with the guy.

(04-05-2024, 11:15 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He went into the final week with a 44 pass blocking grade.

Don't care about improving run blocking grades if he can't pass block for Joe Burrow in a pass heavy offense.

Yes he was bad overall as a pass protector last year for sure. I just remember his good stretch of play that gives me a little hope.

(04-05-2024, 12:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Didn't we all have this same conversation about Volson after 2022? Like almost the exact same? Lol

We did ha ha  Hilarious

If Volson does start this year I hope he starts out much better than the last two years, can give him a pass as a rookie but he had 
another terrible start last year next to a much better LT in Orlando Brown and it still didn't matter.

(04-05-2024, 12:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh don’t get me wrong, I’d love to replace Volson with an upgrade. I just remembered what Nate was talking about.

And I appreciate it Nicomo. Cool
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 12:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He did actually have a nice stretch of pass protection late in the season

This was the stretch that gives me some hope, Volson just better start out the season like this for once. It is time and if not, upgrade.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 01:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This was the stretch that gives me some hope, Volson just better start out the season like this for once. It is time and if not, upgrade.

[Image: 73275141.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 04:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: 73275141.jpg]

Damn Lucy! Mad
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 09:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, he's been a frustrating at times work in progress, but there's no quit in him, and he's as durable as they come.  Don't underestimate the jump from smaller division school to the NFL, as far as trench play goes. That's not an excuse, just an explanation for the what I expected learning curve. Seems like every time he gives up a negative play, he comes back with a few crushing blocks. Hoping that the third season he proves to be a model of consistency.

Let's hope he puts it all together this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote