Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reply/Quote
Could you imagine having an OL so good you can cut a 3x Pro Bowler like Warford?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Not much different than the Bengals except they hit on their picks and we swung and miss.

2015 First Round LT Cedric Ogbuehi
2015 Second Round RT Jake Fisher
2018 First Round Center - Billy Price
2019 First Round LT Jonah Williams

Makes me wonder if we really did swing and miss or did we just not develop.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2021, 07:30 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I think it was more swing and miss (bad scouting) due to Ocbuehi and Fisher went on to other teams and weren’t any good there either. I don’t think that should make the FO gun shy though. Keep picking, you’ll hit on some good ones eventually.

Jury is out on Price because we haven’t seen him on a different team. Jonah is looking like a solid pick and gives the team options if they pick a more natural LT and need to move him to RT or inside.

Trey Hopkins is not the answer at Center. I am not sure if he would be sufficient at Guard.
We need to be on the lookout for a FA Center Alex Mack or draft a Center.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2021, 07:23 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Not much different than the Bengals except they hit on their picks and we swung and miss.

2015  First Round LT Cedric Ogbuehi
2015  Second Round RT Jake Fisher

This is what I've always thought.

Hindsight is 20-20, but the Bengals tried to make the right decisions, they just didn't pan out. Missing on a 1 can set you back years, in 2015 we missed big on 1 and 2.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2021, 07:23 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Not much different than the Bengals except they hit on their picks and we swung and miss.

There is some merit to this imo. Like the Ravens and WRs, seems like every team is good at drafting/developing some positions and bad at others.

The flip side would be that just going by this list, it's not enough swings at Olinemen. Especially IOL's need time for their bodies to develop. I feel like teams should draft a mid round Olineman every year. The position is that important and you need 5 good ones, really 7 with injuries.
Reply/Quote

In every other NFL program players are coached up to the next level.  Here in Cincinnati they are coached down.  All of these players were highly rated in college, even Cedric Ogbuehi.  
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2021, 09:24 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: In every other NFL program players are coached up to the next level.  Here in Cincinnati they are coached down.  All of these players were highly rated in college, even Cedric Ogbuehi.  

He hasn’t been much better on the two other teams he’s played for (JAX & SEA). He’s only started 4 games over the past couple seasons.

Reply/Quote
Smart Capable players and a scheme that makes sense.
Reply/Quote