Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Vonn Bell appreciation thread
(12-22-2020, 12:17 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: All the crap Bell was taking earlier this year was from him being mismatched in coverages. This team plays well enough to keep games close so Bell doesn’t get put in a bad spot in coverage so much and more of this will start to happen.

I was down on Bell but he has stepped it up since Burrows injury no doubt. Happy to have him when he plays like that.
Reply/Quote
I was driving to pick up some Thai food for my family (none for me thx) and was following the game while driving...and I look down at my phone and caught the tail end of that hit and just thought WOW! who the hell did that! It was like an explosion on the field and felt like the tables were turned for once...our D was taking it to them. I almost hit the guy in front of me. ..and one of those moments I wont forget. I love Bell and Bates ( " B and B")
Imagine the damage that could be done if they find some real pass rushers next yr to hopefully go along with Lawson. Im still not in the keep ZT club though.
Reply/Quote
Bell has had a pretty good season. Often struggles in coverage but he's a thumper for sure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 08:56 AM)Takedown Wrote: We may be looking at the best safety duo in Bates and Bell in the NFL.

Probably our best starting position group. I’d say the only other one that comes close is WR.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 11:29 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: A lot of the better play from the secondary had to do with Carl Lawson absolutely OWNING Villanueva.

I feel like that was Lawson’s best game since he dominated Jason Peters all day when we played Philly.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 12:28 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I was driving to pick up some Thai food for my family (none for me thx) and was following the game while driving...and I look down at my phone and caught the tail end of that hit and just thought WOW! who the hell did that! It was like an explosion on the field and felt like the tables were turned for once...our D was taking it to them. I almost hit the guy in front of me. ..and one of those moments I wont forget. I love Bell and Bates ( " B and B")
Imagine the damage that could be done if they find some real pass rushers next yr to hopefully go along with Lawson.  Im still not in the keep ZT club though.

What kind of thai food....satay...spicy basil fried rice??
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I feel like that was Lawson’s best game since he dominated Jason Peters all day when we played Philly.

I'd say you're right. He played a lot of snaps last night too. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:10 PM)impactplaya Wrote: What kind of thai food....satay...spicy basil fried rice??

coconut pad thai?? Kids and Wife love it...
me not so much 
Reply/Quote
They had a mission to put Schuster in his place and did it. Bell basically flushed him down the toilet and he only had 15 receiving yards all night. It reminded me a bit of when our D put Johnny Manziel in his place - loved it.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 11:29 AM)Wyche Wrote: A lot of the better play from the secondary had to do with Carl Lawson absolutely OWNING Villanueva.

Hubbard got a lot of pressures, too...and even Margus looked good.  A strong front four helps the LBs and the secondary.  Anyone else notice it was probably Pratt's best game?  I was amazed how Hubbard and Lawson virtually never came off the field.  Hubbard would rotate inside, but those guys played a hell of a game.  
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 03:32 PM)Joelist Wrote: They had a mission to put Schuster in his place and did it. Bell basically flushed him down the toilet and he only had 15 receiving yards all night. It reminded me a bit of when our D put Johnny Manziel in his place - loved it.

Damn, I remember that. Players were doing the money man thing with their fingers. Hilariously good comparison. 

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 02:10 PM)impactplaya Wrote: What kind of thai food....satay...spicy basil fried rice??

He hasn't answered. Maybe his hands are Thai'd?  Whatever

Ok, don't kill me. I'm still celebrating the victory.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 08:56 AM)Takedown Wrote: We may be looking at the best safety duo in Bates and Bell in the NFL.

I grew up under the philosophy that a winning defense was strong up the middle.  DTs, Inside LBs, and Safety.  The LBs are going to take another year or so to mature.  Had DJ Reader not been lost to injury, this defense might have won us a few more games.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 09:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I grew up under the philosophy that a winning defense was strong up the middle.  DTs, Inside LBs, and Safety.  The LBs are going to take another year or so to mature.  Had DJ Reader not been lost to injury, this defense might have won us a few more games.

I actually like our NT-type run stuffer DTs.  Reader is obviously very good, but Covington seems to hold his own, too.  When Toupou returns, they are probably set at that spot.  They really just need an under tackle.  
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 12:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think Bell was delivering a message with hot on JuJu......don't dance on our logo

Nothing to play for. No Super Bowl. No playoffs. World is looking for you to fold and 99% wouldn't even blame you. Then, someone does something you consider disrespectful. These are still men. Most will react accordingly when disrespected.

I don't remember who, years ago, but he was being asked about playing a game when they have been beaten down, no chance to win. His reply was along the lines of: "You don't want to play. You just want it to be over. That is, until we all line up. Record of 2-13, last game, down by 14. Everything is over, but when I am across from a man that wants to beat me, I want to beat him. Season is over, but that next play, that next battle is not. I am going to keep fighting" 

It was such a powerful statement. 
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 10:25 PM)samhain Wrote: I actually like our NT-type run stuffer DTs.  Reader is obviously very good, but Covington seems to hold his own, too.  When Toupou returns, they are probably set at that spot.  They really just need an under tackle.  

Wren is still a question mark, too. We don’t really know what we have in him yet.

Reply/Quote
Loved Bell at The OSU and love him as a Bengal. Killed Ju-Ju! He's needed that humbling for a while now. Well deserved. Great hit!
Reply/Quote

Attached Files Image(s)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2020, 08:42 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He hasn't answered. Maybe his hands are Thai'd?  Whatever

Ok, don't kill me. I'm still celebrating the victory.

Thats brillant. Very funny. I remember when we Thai'd Philly this year...we should have won that gave
Reply/Quote