Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vonn Miller to the Rams
For two day 2 draft picks
Reply/Quote
McVay takes his vacation during the draft lol
Reply/Quote
Can’t really argue with the way Rams have operated lately. They are constantly moving pieces around, but it’s paying off. I thought they would fall into mediocrity but the Stanford trade has revived them.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 02:02 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Can’t really argue with the way Rams have operated lately. They are constantly moving pieces around, but it’s paying off. I thought they would fall into mediocrity but the Stanford trade has revived them.

I still think that you can only kick the can down the road for so long until the bill comes due.

But there's probably a reason I don't work in the front office of an NFL franchise. LOL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It makes the Denver game easier.
Reply/Quote
I don't like this move for the Rams at all. Trading for 32 injured pass rusher for 2 top 100 draft picks seems stupid.

It helps the Broncos out more because it gives ammunition for a Aaron Rodgers trade this off-season or they have 5 top 100 picks + they can always re-sign Miller in the off-season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The Rams are not messing around. Their last first round pick was in 2016 and they won't have another one until 2024. Now no second round picks until 2024 also. But it seems they have built a good team and are improving it even more. I guess they are going all in.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 02:19 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I still think that you can only kick the can down the road for so long until the bill comes due.

But there's probably a reason I don't work in the front office of an NFL franchise. LOL.

If that bill is the cost for a SB, who cares if it comes due? Imagine if the Bengals took this approach after 2013. Go out and start gathering proven elite tier talent to get over the hump rather than drafting Dennard, Hill, Clarke, Ogbuehi, Fisher, and Kroft.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 08:03 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If that bill is the cost for a SB, who cares if it comes due? Imagine if the Bengals took this approach after 2013. Go out and start gathering proven elite tier talent to get over the hump rather than drafting Dennard, Hill, Clarke, Ogbuehi, Fisher, and Kroft.

Agreed.  I made this point in another thread about this, but there are plenty of franchises out there (including our own) that spend years losing despite NOT making an all-in super bowl push, so why scoff at the teams that do it?

And what does it matter?  We are over the moon right now because we have Burrow and Chase...what if instead of being one of the worst teams in the league for the past 5 years we simply traded a buttload of picks to get Burrow and Chase?  Seems like you have to pay the proverbial piper either way.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 08:03 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If that bill is the cost for a SB, who cares if it comes due? Imagine if the Bengals took this approach after 2013. Go out and start gathering proven elite tier talent to get over the hump rather than drafting Dennard, Hill, Clarke, Ogbuehi, Fisher, and Kroft.

100% agree. It all hinges on actually winning that Super Bowl. It's essentially your classic high risk/high reward gambit. If they don't win a Superbowl...yeeeesh... they are going to be in all sorts of bad shape. 

I personally prefer the "star QB on rookie deal" approach taken by the Chiefs, Seahawks, Eagles (yeah yeah Foles) of late. Cause the other option seems to be "have the GOAT at QB". 

Then again I leaned Sewell vs Chase LOL Like I said, there's probably a real good reason I'm not an NFL executive.. If anything the Rams' experiment will be interesting.
Reply/Quote