Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Vontaze...
Vontaze took out the Steelers top three players single-handed this season: Big Ben, Brown and Bell.

That's quite a feat! Jack Lambert, Mean Joe Green and James Harrison should be proud!

Give that boy a medal to go with his suspension!

Tongue
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Steelers better hope we play them in the first 3 weeks. The mean man will be out for blood after that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 04:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Steelers better hope we play them in the first 3 weeks.  The mean man will be out for blood after that.

I have no doubt he'll continue to do dumb things that hurt the team whether he is playing against the Steelers or anyone else.   Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 04:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Steelers better hope we play them in the first 3 weeks.  The mean man will be out for blood after that.

Let him, at this point every game brings with it the possibility of a longer suspension.  The guy is an idiot, he handed Stanford a game back in college with, you guessed it, back to pack 15 yard penalties.  I give him two more seasons tops before he's out of the league for good.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 04:40 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Let him, at this point every game brings with it the possibility of a longer suspension.  The guy is an idiot, he handed Stanford a game back in college with, you guessed it, back to pack 15 yard penalties.  I give him two more seasons tops before he's out of the league for good.

2 seasons is 4 games.  Steelers may be out of players.  He ain't foolin' now.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 04:49 PM)michaelsean Wrote: 2 seasons is 4 games.  Steelers may be out of players.  He ain't foolin' now.

Please, you act like the Steelers cower in fear from this fool.  He's as much a detriment to your team as an asset.  I am enjoying the rampant hypocrisy from your fan base though.  You guys have been whining about players who hit too hard or straddle the line on the rules for as long as I've been posting on your boards, and almost certainly prior to that.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 04:56 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Please, you act like the Steelers cower in fear from this fool.  He's as much a detriment to your team as an asset.  I am enjoying the rampant hypocrisy from your fan base though.  You guys have been whining about players who hit too hard or straddle the line on the rules for as long as I've been posting on your boards, and almost certainly prior to that.

We've decided that if can't beat 'em, you should join 'em. ThumbsUp

But, seriously. You don't think PIT would be interested in Vontaze? I mean, outside of his sociopathic nature, he really is a good player.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 05:27 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: We've decided that if can't beat 'em, you should join 'em. ThumbsUp

But, seriously. You don't think PIT would be interested in Vontaze? I mean, outside of his sociopathic nature, he really is a good player.

You know they would......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 04:56 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Please, you act like the Steelers cower in fear from this fool.  He's as much a detriment to your team as an asset.  I am enjoying the rampant hypocrisy from your fan base though.  You guys have been whining about players who hit too hard or straddle the line on the rules for as long as I've been posting on your boards, and almost certainly prior to that.

At lot of Steelers fans are, whether you like it or not. Go look at just about any comment section on nfl.com, profootballtalk, or facebook. Those calling for a lifetime ban for a type of hit that happens every single week in the NFL (still illegal and he deserved to get suspended based on past infractions) are doing so out of fear. What's even better is that the Ben and Bell hits were legal tackles.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Grandmothers in the Bayou warn the kids that if they get out of line, The Vontazeburfict will come out of the swamps and grab them.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 05:27 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: We've decided that if can't beat 'em, you should join 'em. ThumbsUp

(01-13-2016, 05:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: You know they would......

I can't think of a single game Harrison ever cost us.  As far as being a truly good player and straddling the line.  Harrison was better at his position than he is at his and never cost his team a game due to his antics.  Cost/Risk analysis says no.

Which is exactly why the other 30 team passed on him along with the Steelers.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 05:30 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: You know they would......

He wouldn't play OLB for the steelers and he wouldn't start over Timmons and Shazier. I still don't get while he's supposed to be all that great. He racks up tackles behind a dominant front 4. That's his job and he does it well, but he has a small handful of picks, ff, and sacks in his career. Without looking, they're probably comparable numbers to what Shazier and Timmons have done this year alone.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 05:43 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Which is exactly why the other 30 team passed on him along with the Steelers.
Bengals passed on him in the draft as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 05:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Grandmothers in the Bayou warn the kids that if they get out of line, The Vontazeburfict will come out of the swamps and grab them.

Either that, or the TubbyPorter will walk up to have a chat with them!

Has the same impact.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 05:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Grandmothers in the Bayou warn the kids that if they get out of line, The Vontazeburfict will come out of the swamps and grab them.

In 40 years from now, grandmothers will tell the story of the 1 time in their lifetime the bengals almost won a playoff game, but Burfict and Pacman blew it.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 05:51 PM)6andcounting Wrote: In 40 years from now, grandmothers will tell the story of the 1 time in their lifetime the bengals almost won a playoff game, but Burfict and Pacman blew it.

1990 will still be in their lifetime.

Reply/Quote

As long as you acknowledge the hypocrisy.  Cool   As far as the Steelers wanting him, clearly the answer is no as the Bengals were the only team to show any interest in him.  I agree, he is a good player, he has the kind of intensity you want in every player.  He is also an unstable hot head who deliberately tries to injure his opponents and this has been known about him since college.  When I say I don't see him being in the league in around two years I'm not talking smack, I'm being serious.  He hasn't changed a bit since college what makes you, or anyone, think he's going to change now?

(01-13-2016, 05:34 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: At lot of Steelers fans are, whether you like it or not. Go look at just about any comment section on nfl.com, profootballtalk, or facebook. Those calling for a lifetime ban for a type of hit that happens every single week in the NFL (still illegal and he deserved to get suspended based on past infractions) are doing so out of fear. What's even better is that the Ben and Bell hits were legal tackles.

A lifetime ban for the Brown hit?  Anyone calling for that is a bedwetter.  Internet comments sections are where logic and common sense go to die.  As for their motivations, who are you to know why?  They could just as easily be motivated by hatred or disgust.  Before you turn into Yoda and explain how all those emotions lead to the dark side allow me to simply say don't waste your time.  In any event, there's been plenty of whining and pants wetting over legal hits on this board as well.  Hines Ward on Rivers to name but one.  You guys are still crying about that hit.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 05:43 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I can't think of a single game Harrison ever cost us.  As far as being a truly good player and straddling the line.  Harrison was better at his position than he is at his and never cost his team a game due to his antics.  Cost/Risk analysis says no.

Which is exactly why the other 30 team passed on him along with the Steelers.

Good points.

I'll concede that you are probably right about Harrison not costing games. Not sure about him being better at his position. Harrison was excellent at his, no doubt. I think Burflict is too.

But, in true Bengal fashion, I think Burflict may be redeemable. Most sociopaths can be taught to obey the laws, as most see the benefit to themselves in that.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 05:52 PM)michaelsean Wrote: 1990 will still be in their lifetime.

Yeah, grandmothers over 65 who are not experiencing memory loss is a pretty weak demographic.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 05:55 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Yeah, grandmothers over 65 who are not experiencing memory loss is a pretty weak demographic.

Oh I didn't know you ruled out the small percentage of grandmothers over 65.   WTF

Reply/Quote