Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vontaze Burfict's uncertain future
(12-17-2018, 10:16 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I think he's done soon. A couple of years ago Mike Brown told someone I know that his body is in as bad a shape as any player he has seen.

Before or after re-signing him?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 09:45 AM)RASCAL Wrote: he feels the same way about all of you winebags that know NOTHING about him or his capabilities! Why not just STFU and root for the team we have with or without Burfict!!!

I know plenty about Burfict and his capabilities, I just have no problem calling out the obvious. I don’t have Burfict blinders. I will always cheer for the Bengals, Burfict or not. But we’ll be better off without trying to rely on him
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 11:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Before or after re-signing him?

Oh before.  I think he came into the league physically a mess.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 01:01 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Oh before.  I think he came into the league physically a mess.

Strange Mike would re-sign him for a lot of money then...

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 01:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Strange Mike would re-sign him for a lot of money then...

I don't know if it's strange or not.  He was the best linebacker by a mile so you take a chance?  He has to spend the money somewhere, and not exactly the most pro-active owner in the league.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 12:17 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I know plenty about Burfict and his capabilities, I just have no problem calling out the obvious. I don’t have Burfict blinders. I will always cheer for the Bengals, Burfict or not. But we’ll be better off without trying to rely on him

leave the man alone and go root for another team! we don't need people like you on this board! 

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 02:40 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Concussions are more of a media(and fans) concern then a player concern. They would rather get the money. Also we're forgetting that he came in to camp out of shape and lost is best friend Guenther in the off season. Those two reasons play a huge role in his demise. I honestly think he needs a change of scenery and he will be back to the old Vontaze. Unfortunately it won't be here.

It should be a player concern, thats the issue. 

People forget that Vontez had microfracture knee surgery as well. Thats a major surgery and a lot of times its a career ender. That and a combination of other things no doubt has something to do with his poor play.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
If it were up to me his future would not be uncertain whatsoever.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out, vontaze.

Oops it did, another concussion.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 04:51 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: If it were up to me his future would not be uncertain whatsoever.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out, vontaze.

Oops it did, another concussion.

I'm honestly not sure what to do with Burfict.

I think Austins vanilla straight cover 2 zone every snap hurt the entire defense but you're right Burfict did not look like Burfict this year.

I think depending on what they do about Preston Brown...Burfict could successed in a similar role as Rey. M. A base 4-3 2 down middle linebacker that attacks gaps and takes on lead blockers. Maybe some SAM when offenses are running heavy formations.

Of course that all depends on what Burfict and the team decides to do about his serious concussion issue
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 05:07 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm honestly not sure what to do with Burfict.

I think Austins vanilla straight cover 2 zone every snap hurt the entire defense but you're right Burfict did not look like Burfict this year.

I think depending on what they do about Preston Brown...Burfict could successed in a similar role as Rey. M. A base 4-3 2 down middle linebacker that attacks gaps and takes on lead blockers. Maybe some SAM when offenses are running heavy formations.

Of course that all depends on what Burfict and the team decides to do about his serious concussion issue

Hopefully not amputation....
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 04:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It should be a player concern, thats the issue. 

People forget that Vontez had microfracture knee surgery as well. Thats a major surgery and a lot of times its a career ender. That and a combination of other things no doubt has something to do with his poor play.

Well it isn't

Microfracture is more serious in basketball then Football. I am not sure it's the factor everyone thinks it is.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 01:37 PM)RASCAL Wrote: leave the man alone and go root for another team! we don't need people like you on this board! 

Right. Because I’m able to justify why I don’t like one player, I should just go root for another team. Sound logic. Makes perfect sense Whatever
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 07:11 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Right. Because I’m able to justify why I don’t like one player, I should just go root for another team. Sound logic. Makes perfect sense Whatever

perfect sense and YOU don't go together....EVER!!! all you wanna do is *****!!! Well, ***** about the owner of this team or even merv or both but don't bring that hatred of Burfict any where near this board! He is a Bengal dumbass and you are a supposed fan??? THAT MAKES PERFECT SENSE!!!

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 10:35 PM)RASCAL Wrote: perfect sense and YOU don't go together....EVER!!! all you wanna do is *****!!! Well, ***** about the owner of this team or even merv or both but don't bring that hatred of Burfict any where near this board! He is a Bengal dumbass and you are a supposed fan??? THAT MAKES PERFECT SENSE!!!

No one hates Burfict but you have to have to have rose colored glasses to not see that he is not or ever will be the player he was. The concussions will continue and his playing time will decrease as the years pass. It is time to move on .
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 10:53 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: No one hates Burfict but you have to have to have rose colored glasses to not see that he is not or ever will be the player he was. The concussions will continue and his playing time will decrease as the years pass. It is time to move on .

You can’t say for certain he’s completely done. Looks that way, but players do have down years and then bounce back. At the very least he could still contribute in a lesser role.

And yes some of the posters on this board, in this very thread, do hate Burfict.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 11:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You can’t say for certain he’s completely done. Looks that way, but players do have down years and then bounce back. At the very least he could still contribute in a lesser role.

And yes some of the posters on this board, in this very thread, do hate Burfict.

Sometimes the down years have already passed. He has a cap hit of 8.6million in 2019 which is very high for a part time player. The Bengals could cut him and have seven million to spend elsewhere. If they are going to improve the team in the off season they need to take a hard look at getting rid of some dead wood. With Burfict's history of fines and concussions he can't be relied on to be an everyday player.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 09:42 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Sometimes the down years have already passed. He has a cap hit of 8.6million in 2019 which is very high for a part time player. The Bengals could cut him and have seven million to spend elsewhere. If they are going to improve the team in the off season they need to take a hard look at getting rid of some dead wood. With Burfict's history of fines and concussions he can't be relied on to be an everyday player.

I’m probably one of the biggest Burfict fans on this board, but if they decided to go this route I would completely understand.

I personally think our LB core sucks too much right now to get rid of him, but if we draft a couple and he’s still looking bad in training camp it would make sense to cut ties.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 10:35 PM)RASCAL Wrote: perfect sense and YOU don't go together....EVER!!! all you wanna do is *****!!! Well, ***** about the owner of this team or even merv or both but don't bring that hatred of Burfict any where near this board! He is a Bengal dumbass and you are a supposed fan??? THAT MAKES PERFECT SENSE!!!

Hey...

Burfict sucks Smirk
Reply/Quote
The ONLY way he can have a better year here is with a new coaching staff, bring back the same group of slugs ans Burfict will bring the same attitude.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 08:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: [*]

He is not reliable to be in shape, and he is not reliable to be on the field.  Time for him to go.  One of the most dominant LBs I have ever seen in his prime, but he simply doesn't prepare his body as needed to stay on top in this league.  

I am betting on at least two LBs drafted next year, and they will also likely look for an outside veteran to sign.  
[*]

This exactly.  I'm a football nerd and have a 2014 Score Vontaze Burfict playing card.  In the photo Burfict's arms look shredded. Now he looks so soft, in addition to coming out of games to rest.  I don't know if it's the money, the concussions, or the suspensions but he has obviously lost the hunger that made him the heart and soul of this team. And a slow, out of shape LB with no chip on his shoulder should be an unemployed LB.
Reply/Quote