Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vontaze to Sit Out Preseason
He came back from a serious knee injury, didn't practice forever and after a week, played, and didn't miss a beat. He's earned the right to not play in the preseason.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 08:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That's what he said.....

One should not speak in double negs lol..

Smart move keep him healthy the defense is a different beast with him on the field and preseason is for getting the new guys up to speed... so its a win win.. 

whoever the starters are game 1 should be getting the first team reps in games... VB can take some in practice.  But he knows the Defense as well as the DC so he wont miss a beat
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 06:35 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Makes sense. Vontaze has proven to be able to come in after missing multiple games (IE: last season) and not miss a beat, he simply does not need the reps. At the same time this gives more snaps to Dawson, vigil, etc. smart move in my opinion.

I feel the same, don't risk it.

Want him 100% by game 4. Getting these other young backers reps only helps also.
Reply/Quote
No need to push it. Plus it gives more reps to guys in need of them.

Win, Win for Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 01:39 PM)Go Cards Wrote: No need to push it. Plus it gives more reps to guys in need of them.

Win, Win for Bengals.

This
Reply/Quote
No problem with that. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I have no problem with Lewis not playing him in the Pre-Season......as long as he gets back in Football shape and is
ready to go in Week 4!
[Image: predator_zps2bkpnoe5.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 06:22 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: http://cin.247sports.com/Bolt/Marvin-Lewis-to-sit-Vontaze-Burfict-in-Bengals-preseason-46439187

Marvin says he will take no injury chances with Burfict and sit him for preseason games.

Who do we play in week 4? Let me look...Oh the Dolphins. Oh, I like Tannehill as a player considering the complete lack of receiving talent he's had. But too bad for him that week. Too bad for Miami period.  Burfict is going to come in and make a statement.

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 08:44 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Who do we play in week 4? Let me look...Oh the Dolphins. Oh, I like Tannehill as a player considering the complete lack of receiving talent he's had. But too bad for him that week. Too bad for Miami period.  Burfict is going to come in and make a statement.

If Kirkpatrick gets matched up on Devante Parker enough i could see him having a solid day.

No TD's but solid receiving yardage numbers. Parker could be elite. Doubt the Dolphins run on us after Burfict is back.

The real matchup is a couple weeks after against the Pats with Brady and his first game back after suspension.

Sure looks like a couple setups with having our first Steeler game without Burfict and we get Brady his first game back. Mellow
Reply/Quote
I wish they would sit out most or all of our starters from preseason games.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2016, 11:25 AM)Beaker Wrote: I wish they would sit out most or all of our starters from preseason games.

Not a bad idea for Dalton to actually get some playing time with his new weapons before the season starts though.

3rd Preseason game this needs to happen and depending on how in-sync they are how much time these guys play.

We usually don't give our starters more than a series or two the first 2 preseason games anyways and none in the 4th.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Burfict will open camp on the NFI list, but it's said not to be anything serious.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2016, 05:03 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Looks like Burfict will open camp on the NFI list, but it's said not to be anything serious.

I got a bad feeling about this.

No seriously. This feels like Eifert/Jones all over again. It's like peeling back an onion.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2016, 05:03 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Looks like Burfict will open camp on the NFI list, but it's said not to be anything serious.

Not worried. I'll only start to worry when they act like he might miss any extra time in the regular season. Even if he is hurt he won't have to be 100% until week 5, so there's plenty of time.
Reply/Quote