Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Vontez Burfict is fat as hell
Agree about Tez, but you have to wonder how much playing for free affects his game.Perhaps erring on the side of caution. It is perplexing that our LB corp is so poor as both Marvin and Guenter cut their teeth as LB coaches.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 07:27 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Burfict is still Burfict.   Yeah still little out of shape but the only one on the team that can tackle ..  no one else can tackle worth shit

He missed a few yesterday. And from what I remember, maybe one or two are for no gain or a loss. Remembered he tackled quite a few 7+ yards down the field tho.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 07:25 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I look at the Dallas gave to further prove that.

How many times did we see players get together and talk to each other and try to figure things out?
Numerous times.

How many times did we see Guenther talk to anyone?
Zero.

Heck, there was a tweet by Paul Dehner that while Burfict and Sims were talking and figuring out what was going on, he just monitored the situation.

These coaches have no fire. No passion. The offense seems too big for Zampese. Guenther has no defensive identity.

In fact, both Guenther and Zampese try to be EXACTLY like their predecessors. You can tell there's plays from Hue's playbook still implemented, and the same with Zimmer's. Neither guy has brought anything new, they're just trying to be like the guys before them, and they're not. We're just getting a copy of what once was and hoping it works out this time.

Totally agree Wolf !

Zampese, you can tell has no real plan beyond lets just keep doing what we've been doing. He's in way over his head !

Guenther is pretty much the same, trying to just hang on. Sorry but that just doesn't work.

I fully believe we're in the beginning of the end. This team is melting down before our eyes. They've never really recovered from Pittsburgh FUBAR. It's going to take a medium level house cleaning in both coaching staff and players to save it.
Reply/Quote
This is the definition of fat and useless...he gets tossed around on every snap.

[Image: domata-peko-of-the-cincinnati-bengals-ce...4-XkJQbvU=]
Reply/Quote
im a huge #55 fan but its painful to watch him play right now...........he realizes it more than anyone here.........just cant get to his spot

thought he would use the playoff loss as a springboard not an excuse to hit the smorgasbord...........on to Golden Corral
Reply/Quote
Maybe that's the weight the coaches want him at? I mean...Maualuga has always been really big. We've signed guys like James Harrison, who was also big. I do think the added weight is affecting his play, just not sure why everyone is assuming Burfict is just out of shape and all the coaches are 100% cool with it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 10:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Maybe that's the weight the coaches want him at? I mean...Maualuga has always been really big. We've signed guys like James Harrison, who was also big. I do think the added weight is affecting his play, just not sure why everyone is assuming Burfict is just out of shape and all the coaches are 100% cool with it.

Idk Shake....but it pains me to see him play like this.  He was my favorite Bengal....but I'm angry with him at the moment.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 10:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: Idk Shake....but it pains me to see him play like this.  He was my favorite Bengal....but I'm angry with him at the moment.

The eye of the tiger is gone. And I think the weight is part of it, he's lost a step and it shows.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 10:48 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The eye of the tiger is gone. And I think the weight is part of it, he's lost a step and it shows.

I definitely agree with everybody that the weight is an issue and we need to see a slimmer Burfict next year. Just not sure why no coach is on his shit about it if that's not where they want him at.

Marv has ripped into players for being out of shape before...Andre 3000 (lbs) and Hill come to mind. I know Marv kinda kisses Burfict's ass, but you'd think someone would say something.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 10:48 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The eye of the tiger is gone. And I think the weight is part of it, he's lost a step and it shows.

Yes he has.....in fact....the whole defense is bullshit.  I knew we weren't winning that game during the first drive.  At least we got to kiss our sister I guess.....yay?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 10:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I definitely agree with everybody that the weight is an issue and we need to see a slimmer Burfict next year. Just not sure why no coach is on his shit about it if that's not where they want him at.

Marv has ripped into players for being out of shape before...Andre 3000 (lbs) and Hill come to mind. I know Marv kinda kisses Burfict's ass, but you'd think someone would say something.

Don't understand that either ? He needs a couple weeks of Jenny Craig bad, and it seems no one cares ?

(10-31-2016, 10:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes he has.....in fact....the whole defense is bullshit.  I knew we weren't winning that game during the first drive.  At least we got to kiss our sister I guess.....yay?

Probably top 5 worst defensive performance I've seen this team post in last 10 years or so. Just flat, uninspired, out of sync and on and on.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 10:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Maybe that's the weight the coaches want him at? I mean...Maualuga has always been really big. We've signed guys like James Harrison, who was also big. I do think the added weight is affecting his play, just not sure why everyone is assuming Burfict is just out of shape and all the coaches are 100% cool with it.

That would be the absolute dumbest thing ever and cement the fact that these coaches are middle school level hacks. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 07:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Agree about Tez, but you have to wonder how much playing for free affects his game.Perhaps erring on the side of caution. It is perplexing that our LB corp is so poor as both Marvin and Guenter cut their teeth as LB coaches.

Yeah, the LBers just seem to be playing very undisciplined this year and for whatever reason, they just don't seem to be reading plays well or making proper adjustments prior to the snap, and the missed tackles are frustrating to watch.

Wolf mentioned being disappointed in Haslett and I have to agree. I expected much better play from this group. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 04:32 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dude is fat and slow this year.

How can this guy come into this season out of shape, especially after how many chances Marvin and organization have given him?

It's honestly a slap in the face.  It makes you wonder how serious he takes his profession.
This is tiring.  The strength and conditioning program of this physically overpowered team is abysmal.  Year after year after year after year.

Maualuga, Burfict show up, yet again, out of shape.  Why?  Because the strength and conditioning team is way south of anything NFL!  It appears that, like so much of this team, there are no expectations of employment.  And no program or guidance from the coaching staff, especially when it comes to winning the game of physical domination.

It glaringly apparent that when it comes to building the physical strength and athleticism required to play in the most physically demanding sport on earth, the NFL, we order donuts.

James Harrison comes here and the conditioning staff plumps him up like a holiday turkey for his most ineffective season ever.

This is elemental for crap sake!
Reply/Quote
Tez is way underperforming but still third best defender on the field (Dunlap and Geno, of course).

Also, consider for two weeks in a row that Burfict was centemters from getting a pick. Very close. If so, would we be so hard on him.

He is underperforming nonetheless.
Reply/Quote

Eh, I just think he really put on the pounds during the off-season probably due to inactivity, and him having to sit out the start of the season didn't help matters.  Dude is straight flabby just below the numbers and it is costing him a step or five sideline to sideline.

Then again Marvin was linebackers coach in Pittsburgh when Levon Kirkland was doing his thing at the dinner table so who knows
[Image: 20000923jhkirk0923.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 11:17 PM)Cornelius Wrote: Tez is way underperforming but still third best defender on the field (Dunlap and Geno, of course).

Also, consider for two weeks in a row that Burfict was centemters from getting a pick. Very close. If so, would we be so hard on him.

He is underperforming nonetheless.

this is exactly what im sayin..........just cant get to his spot so he adjusts and hesitates
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 06:45 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I think one of the biggest disappointments that no one has talked about this year has been our position coaches on defense. Especially Haslett. I had high hopes for him and EVERY linebacker on this defense has taken a step back. Burfict, Dansby, Maualuga, Rey (definitely in the running attack), even Dawson who had a great preseason last year and showed a ton of potential took a step back.

None of our LBs can shed blocks it seems. They get into a block and that's it. Sometimes do you see Burfict at least move the guy to where the run is going, but they all struggle to disengage anymore.

Dawson was cut preseason. I didnt even know myself. I was curious why I didnt see him on the field any so I looked last week and found that out. Kinda shocked me. Had high hopes for the kid.
Reply/Quote
All he did during his suspension was play on the PS4. I have him as a friend on there and seen him on an awful lot. Lol
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 06:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 11 of them, plus another 134 on ST.

Must not have liked what they saw?

(Admittedly don't know if those numbers include yesterday's game.)

Because he was abused by the other teams 3rd stringers.... "Vigil antes".....LMAO.
Reply/Quote