Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vontez just needs an attitude adjustment
Funny how certain the Colts are that it was this exact play that gave him a concussion when they are also certain that he showed absolutely no symptoms of a concussion until minutes after the game ended. Weird.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Helmet to helmet contact when tackling a runner is not a penalty, regardless of what part of the helmet, crown or otherwise, makes contact. If it was a penalty, they'd have to call it on almost every play. Incidental H to H contact is almost inevitable when tackling a runner. There's a lot more latitude in the rule when it comes to tackling a ball carrier.

Sacking a QB in the pocket, or hitting a 'defenseless' receiver is a different story, different rule.

What IS a penalty, is actually leading with your helmet and forcibly using it to initiate the contact. Spearing, or targeting are terms often associated with the penalty. The problem there is that it leaves open a bit of judgement on the part of the officials (and obviously fans) as to intent. Here's where guys like Burfict will get called on anything close, and other players that don't have his reputation as a dirty player, may not.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 05:55 AM)6andcounting Wrote: If Brissett isn't tripped up, 

If you had...you know how the rest goes.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 07:43 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: [Image: 318ttgdrex27p1q6g.jpg]

The member picture thread is over in Klotsch, softnuts.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 12:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The member picture thread is over in Klotsch, softnuts.

Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 01:01 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why bother. Steelers fans are one of two things when it comes to admitting to leading with the crown of the helmet.

Willfully ignorant or complete dumbasses.

Leading with the crown of your helmet is not a penalty nor is it against the rules if no contact is made. Refer to the rule quoted by your circle jerking Bengal friend for clarity. 
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Does JUJu read this board? You Bungal fans should tweet him your thanks! He took over for Hines. He gave Bithdefect the "attitude adjustment" he needed or as the players refer to it as "jacking his jaw". This will calm Birthdefect down (like neutering a dog) and make him a better player.
JuJU shouldn't of stood over him like that though, dumdass kid.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 07:41 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Does JUJu read this board? You Bungal fans should tweet him your thanks! He took over for Hines. He gave Bithdefect the "attitude adjustment" he needed or as the players refer to it as "jacking his jaw". This will calm Birthdefect down (like neutering a dog) and make him a better player.

Karma doesn't stop there. Juju is next. No, I am not saying it will be a Bengal vengeance, but it could happen off the field as well. Evil begets more evil. 
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 09:10 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote:

If it was the other way around, Burfict would have gotten ejected, suspended and fined. Apparently, the rules don't apply equally across the board.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I can give the benefit of the doubt on hits, but standing over and taunting an unconscious player is pretty disgusting. I don't care what you think of the guy.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 07:41 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Does JUJu read this board? You Bungal fans should tweet him your thanks! He took over for Hines. He gave Bithdefect the "attitude adjustment" he needed or as the players refer to it as "jacking his jaw". This will calm Birthdefect down (like neutering a dog) and make him a better player.

I dont know. My nurtured dog still humps my other dog, he just doesn't bust his nut all over the place.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 09:16 AM)Interceptor Wrote: If it was the other way around, Burfict would have gotten ejected, suspended and fined. Apparently, the rules don't apply equally across the board.

Not ejected. Juju will be fined and if he does shit like that again next week, he will be suspended for the Pats game.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 09:41 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I can give the benefit of the doubt on hits, but standing over and taunting an unconscious player is pretty disgusting. I don't care what you think of the guy.

He wasn't unconscious. He was winking at Juju as the medics were coming onto the field. AB said so.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 09:41 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I can give the benefit of the doubt on hits, but standing over and taunting an unconscious player is pretty disgusting.  I don't care what you think of the guy.

That's where I stood on it last night too.  Saw the vid posted and I think it was borderline high.  Officials had already lost control (again) so they flagged something that "looked bad" especially when Burfict didn't get right back up.

But there is no need for the taunting.  Even given he's 21 and pumped up for a big hit at a big moment in the game.  I hope JuJu learns from that.
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 09:10 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote:

Thanks...still not a crackback. Straight down the line.  Shoulder to chest.  

That's a "keep your head on a swivel" type play by Burfict.  But, as I said elsewhere, given how the officials lost control they called a close play.  I'd be more upset if the refs hadn't sucked against both teams all night.

He will be fined.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 09:52 AM)GMDino Wrote: That's where I stood on it last night too.  Saw the vid posted and I think it was borderline high.  Officials had already lost control (again) so they flagged something that "looked bad" especially when Burfict didn't get right back up.

But there is no need for the taunting.  Even given he's 21 and pumped up for a big hit at a big moment in the game.  I hope JuJu learns from that.

I don't think high is the problem, you just cannot blindside a guy like that anymore. It used to be that you had to have your head on a swivel, now you don't. The guy has to see it coming or it's a penalty.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 09:57 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I don't think high is the problem, you just cannot blindside a guy like that anymore. It used to be that you had to have your head on a swivel, now you don't. The guy has to see it coming or it's a penalty.

Yeah it's what Burfict got suspended for from the preseason.  Initial contact has to be with the front of the body.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 09:57 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I don't think high is the problem, you just cannot blindside a guy like that anymore. It used to be that you had to have your head on a swivel, now you don't. The guy has to see it coming or it's a penalty.

(12-05-2017, 10:00 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah it's what Burfict got suspended for from the preseason.  Initial contact has to be with the front of the body.  

You're both right.  And he hit him in the chest.  You can't come from behind the guy.  JuJu didn't from what I have seen so far.  If I see a longer clip with more info I might change my mind.
Reply/Quote