Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vontez just needs an attitude adjustment
(12-05-2017, 10:09 AM)GMDino Wrote: You're both right.  And he hit him in the chest.  You can't come from behind the guy.  JuJu didn't from what I have seen so far.  If I see a longer clip with more info I might change my mind.

I don't think you can even come from the side.  See if you can find Burfict's hit on KC guy in preseason.  I think it's the same rule.

And just as an aside, shouldn't it have been 30 yds in penalties? Like the Bengal-Steeler playoff game. One was during the play and one after.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:15 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't think you can even come from the side.  See if you can find Burfict's hit on KC guy in preseason.  I think it's the same rule.

And just as an aside, shouldn't it have been 30 yds in penalties?  Like the Bengal-Steeler playoff game.  One was during the  play and one after.

One of the dbag official sites I follow said they won't enforce two PF on the same guy on the same play because the taunting was a "continuation" of the play.  Sounds stupid to me.

edit: This might show up on the officiating tape they release each week. If they do I'll share it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 09:16 AM)Interceptor Wrote: If it was the other way around, Burfict would have gotten ejected, suspended and fined. Apparently, the rules don't apply equally across the board.

I mean, that is the difference between a first offender and a repeat offender.

That said, the League should apply immediate suspensions on players who do this blatantly/taunting after the fact (Gronk and JuJu). I'd have given JuJu the benefit of the doubt prior to the taunting (even if Burfict is scum). 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
The hit from another angle. JuJu turned slightly sideways and led with the shoulder.
Still a penalty though. Simply put you cant hit a player that's not looking. 

If you read the comments, the consensus from fans around the league believe the scumbag got what was coming to him.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 12:05 PM)Vlad Wrote: The hit from another angle. JuJu turned slightly sideways and led with the shoulder.
Still a penalty though. Simply put you cant hit a player that's not looking. 

If you read the comments, the consensus from fans around the league believe the scumbag got what was coming to him.

It's still wrong.  This is not a place for "situational ethics".  Getting revenge does not justify dirty play, no matter which team it occurs on.  I've said that to Bengal fans, and it applies to us as well.  
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 12:18 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: It's still wrong.  This is not a place for "situational ethics".  Getting revenge does not justify dirty play, no matter which team it occurs on.  I've said that to Bengal fans, and it applies to us as well.  

Of course it is. The point was to demonstrate how Burthdefect's reputation makes him loathed by everyone, not just by mean and biased Steeler fans like you.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 12:44 PM)Vlad Wrote: Of course it is. The point was to demonstrate how Burthdefect's reputation makes him loathed by everyone, not just by mean and biased Steeler fans like you.

LOL

Double standard and there is a debate why others feel Steeler's fans are turds. I guess Shazier got what was coming based on his helmet to helmet shot on Gio using your logic. Shazier has been using his weapon since college so what makes him any better than Burfict. Burfict is guilty, but so is Shazier, Garvin, Ward and a host of layers from both teams including Iioka cheap shot on Brown last night.

But WTH, it just keeps escalating as both teams do not now want to beat the other on the scoreboard, they want to beat them up physically and end their career. That was a potential career ending shot delivered last night so the war now grabs more steam. Good hard clean hits are a pert of a violent game, but the crap Shuster and Iioka pulled last night were over the top in an already bad rivalry.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Why do Bengals fans always act like Burfict has an immaculate record?

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 10:09 AM)GMDino Wrote: You're both right.  And he hit him in the chest.  You can't come from behind the guy.  JuJu didn't from what I have seen so far.  If I see a longer clip with more info I might change my mind.

You can't remove the H2H just because the guy's shoulder hit him in the chest.

When will you ***** ever understand this?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You can't remove the H2H just because the guy's shoulder hit him in the chest.

When will you ***** ever understand this?

Well I'm not.  I said it should have been lower.  Burfict's head spins back to facing in front of him when he get the shoulder in the chest and his chin and JuJu's helmet met there.

Still not a crackback.  

Borderline that I bet doesn't get called in another, less chippy game.  Although Burfict staying down didn't help. So penalty and a fine.

So I believe I ***** do understand.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:29 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Why do Bengals fans always act like Burfict has an immaculate record?

Because he is the only one on the team playing hard like the Steelers.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:45 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Because he is the only one on the team playing hard like the Steelers.

He should probably have a doctor look at that if it has been over 4 hours.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:44 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well I'm not.  I said it should have been lower.  Burfict's head spins back to facing in front of him when he get the shoulder in the chest and his chin and JuJu's helmet met there.

Still not a crackback.  

Borderline that I bet doesn't get called in another, less chippy game.  Although Burfict staying down didn't help. So penalty and a fine.

So I believe I ***** do understand.

Why are you still debating 'crackback'. A clean crackback block may draw a flag, but that is more of a classic football play. Going head first into another players head is not a football play. It's dangerous and stupid.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why are you still debating 'crackback'. A clean crackback block may draw a flag, but that is more of a classic football play. Going head first into another players head is not a football play. It's dangerous and stupid.

JuJu did not go "helmet first".  Period.

Edit: I'm going frame by frame. I still don't think he lead with his helmet but there was H2H contact. Thus the penalty.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: JuJu did not go "helmet first".  Period.

Edit:  I'm going frame by frame.  I still don't think he lead with his helmet but there was H2H contact.  Thus the penalty.

So now you're a mind reader? He didn't meeaaaannnnnnnnnn to go helmet first, it just kind of happened...

Let me give you a little physics lesson. If the helmet hit first, he lead with the helmet. 

No charge. 

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 03:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So now you're a mind reader? He didn't meeaaaannnnnnnnnn to go helmet first, it just kind of happened...

Let me give you a little physics lesson. If the helmet hit first, he lead with the helmet. 

No charge. 

Let me give you a lesson.

Your head is in front of your shoulders when you duck down.  If JuJu was "leading" with his helmet he wouldn't have had his shoulder tucked to make the hit.

I'm not going to deny there was H2H contact.  I'm going to say he leads with his shoulder too high.  Two inches lower you get the exact same reaction from Burfict minus the H2H. Instead he hits with shoulder and helmet.  

Penalty and fine.

And lots of whining apparently.
Reply/Quote
Well the NFL has a new precedent.

Block during play that is too high and goes H2H = attacking a player from behind on the ground with an elbow to the back of the head.

And now taunting can get you suspended.

Looks like the internet whine machine got its way.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 03:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: Let me give you a lesson.

Your head is in front of your shoulders when you duck down.  

Why don't you give yourself the lesson that you're supposed to keep your head to the side. 

Or are you not aware that's possible? That question is rhetorical.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 03:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well the NFL has a new precedent.

Block during play that is too high and goes H2H = attacking a player from behind on the ground with an elbow to the back of the head.

And now taunting can get you suspended.

Looks like the internet whine machine got its way.

Cry

Dry your tears, cupcake. Life is unfair sometimes. 

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 04:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why don't you give yourself the lesson that you're supposed to keep your head to the side. 

Or are you not aware that's possible? That question is rhetorical.

He did.  Still got the H2H.

NFL figured they better CYA and give him the same treatment Gronk got for hitting a downed player in the back of the head with a flying elbow because...NFL.
Reply/Quote