Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vontez just needs an attitude adjustment
(12-07-2017, 12:23 AM)GMDino Wrote:
I'd explain that Bufict hits him from the side/behind vs JuJu and Burfict in a line going toward each other and Burfict getting hit in the chest...but really what could a Steelers fan say that and Bengals fan wouldn't think is tainted?

I mean not even the NFL could explain it to the Bengals.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/08/28/vontaze-burfict-says-his-hit-was-legal-the-nfl-strongly-believes-otherwise-whos-right/?utm_term=.d7f0d9be6a48

So what difference would it make?
i'm not saying anything is tainted, I'm just trying to have a discussion.  Burfict never hit his head, but they said he approached from the side which is now illegal.  I'm not sure how else you are supposed to hit a crossing receiver so chalk another one up for tying the hands of the defense.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 02:14 PM)michaelsean Wrote: i'm not saying anything is tainted, I'm just trying to have a discussion.  Burfict never hit his head, but they said he approached from the side which is now illegal.  I'm not sure how else you are supposed to hit a crossing receiver so chalk another one up for tying the hands of the defense.  

That's the point. They both came from the wrong angle. Though, Burfict came straight across his bow, he didn't hit his head. JJSS went up and through his jaw/head.

Yet, here's GM. Trying to say JJSS's was the lesser egregious hit. 

:eyeroll:

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 02:14 PM)michaelsean Wrote: i'm not saying anything is tainted, I'm just trying to have a discussion.  Burfict never hit his head, but they said he approached from the side which is now illegal.  I'm not sure how else you are supposed to hit a crossing receiver so chalk another one up for tying the hands of the defense.  

But the NFL *did* say Burfict hit the head.  They also said there was no need for the hit.

(12-07-2017, 03:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's the point. They both came from the wrong angle. Though, Burfict came straight across his bow, he didn't hit his head. JJSS went up and through his jaw/head.

Yet, here's GM. Trying to say JJSS's was the lesser egregious hit. 

:eyeroll:

Burfict from the side...JuJu from the front.

Both got flagged as illegal.  

One had a history...the other didn't.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 03:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: But the NFL *did* say Burfict hit the head.  They also said there was no need for the hit.

You're right about the angle, that's my mistake. Smith's issue was H2H.

EDIT: NFL is full of shit. FBs head may have snapped forward, hitting Burfict but the hit didn't result in H2H from Burfict.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 03:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: But the NFL *did* say Burfict hit the head.  They also said there was no need for the hit.

Unless I missed another  posting, nobody actually said that there was a hit to the head, there was speculation.  We can all see he didn't.  And I don't think the hit was unnecessary.  He starts going to hit him before the ball leaves and wasn't looking at the QB when the ball left his hand.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Dan Patrick on his show today said that George Ikea should of been suspended instead of juju. He went on to say that JUju's hit was a clean hit though illegal but George's hit was a intentional dirty play. Patrick also said if juju didn't stand over birthdefect, he would of never got a suspension. Now who knows more about this, Patrick an expert or a bunch of Bungal fans on here who the closest they got to playing football was on a PS3?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 04:53 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Unless I missed another  posting, nobody actually said that there was a hit to the head, there was speculation.  We can all see he didn't.  And I don't think the hit was unnecessary.  He starts going to hit him before the ball leaves and wasn't looking at the QB when the ball left his hand.  

The link to the story said that was what the NFL reported.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 05:41 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote:  Now who knows more about this, Patrick an expert or a bunch of Bungal fans on here who the closest they got to playing football was on a PS3?

Dan Patrick went to the University of Dayton as a communications major and never played football in HS or college. His opinion is just that, the opinion of a fan who the closest he got to playing football might have been covering a Div II Dayton Flyers football game for his school newspaper or radio station.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 07:47 PM)Beaker Wrote: Dan Patrick went to the University of Dayton as a communications major and never played football in HS or college. His opinion is just that, the opinion of a fan who the closest he got to playing football might have been covering a Div II Dayton Flyers football game for his school newspaper or radio station.
That is true. He played a little basketball I believe. I'm just saying watching and talking football for a living he probably knows more about the subject than any of us on here. It is still just his opinion.
Merry Christmas. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 07:21 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: That is true. He played a little basketball I believe. I'm just saying watching and talking football for a living he probably knows more about the subject than any of us on here. It is still just his opinion.
Merry Christmas. ThumbsUp

Name 1 NFL player suspended for the Iioka put on Brown who has no history or such hits. I will wait as we all know answer is it has never happened even though we see that type of hit 2 or 3 times a week. As for talking heads, most do not do their homework. Send a message and ask Patrick to tell you Iioka's history for penalties? He has no idea and would have to look it up.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 10:24 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: [Image: DistortedRadiantBug]
Name 1 NFL player suspended for the Iioka put on Brown who has no history or such hits. I will wait as we all know answer is it has never happened even though we see that type of hit 2 or 3 times a week. As for talking heads, most do not do their homework. Send a message and ask Patrick to tell you Iioka's history for penalties? He has no idea and would have to look it up.

No history?

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/bengals-blog/2015/11/06/bengals-george-iloka-fined-hit-steelers-heath-miller/75322862/

[Image: DistortedRadiantBug]

http://marcusd1.blogspot.com/2014/12/heath-miller-gets-crushed-by-george.html
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 07:45 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: No history?

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/bengals-blog/2015/11/06/bengals-george-iloka-fined-hit-steelers-heath-miller/75322862/

[Image: DistortedRadiantBug]

http://marcusd1.blogspot.com/2014/12/heath-miller-gets-crushed-by-george.html

And these are TWO separate events. One he was fined for and one that he wasnt
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 07:48 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: And these are TWO separate events. One he was fined for and one that he wasnt

Lovenuts shut down again. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 07:46 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Lovenuts shut down again. Hilarious

The best part is that he had just criticized the 'talking heads' for not doing their homework. LOL
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 10:39 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: The best part is that he had just criticized the 'talking heads' for not doing their homework.  LOL

Not doing his homework must of been the reason he flunked out of high school. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 06:04 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Not doing his homework must of been the reason he flunked out of high school. ThumbsUp

That's definitely one of the main reasons you flunked out of high school. 

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 10:39 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: The best part is that he had just criticized the 'talking heads' for not doing their homework.  LOL

Have you noticed the Bengal fans smack here getting weaker and weaker? Its like they are shrinking or their smack seems to be getting more and more diluted, like a powered drink by adding more and more water. I'm worried they will disappear and we won't have anyone to smack into submission.
Reply/Quote