Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Voter Fraud
Thoughts?

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/gop-voter-gets-light-sentence-after-casting-ballot-deceased-wife-n1284011
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Shocking, disgusting, and yet expected.

The straight up fraud ones are the ones that should have max sentences thrown at them.

I’ll wait for Republican leadership to comment on this travesty of justice… hahaha sike they won’t
Reply/Quote
Anyone on either side that is found to be commiting voter fraud should serve maximum sentences. The right to vote is sacred, and every fraudulent vote disenfranchises a legitimate voter.
Reply/Quote
Jail for being stupid. If you are going to commit fraud and risk being caught, make it at least count. One vote?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
This guy is just a dumbass who is following orders.  Throw him in jail but Some one else who is convinced voter fraud is rampant and necessary and going unpunished will take his place.

Our current climate on voting and elections is like handing your kid the car keys and saying to "drive safely, but everyone else is speeding and driving drunk and having fun and getting away with it." 
Reply/Quote
I agree with the article. The issue shouldn't be 'are people doing it' but instead 'why the disparity between punishments.'

Which gets tricky when you're talking about legal opinions, especially ones from different states. But that's an issue with every crime.
Reply/Quote
Republicans are still being busted for voter fraud.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jay-ketcik-joan-halstead-and-john-rider-residents-of-the-villages-arrested-for-casting-multiple-2020-votes?source=twitter&via=desktop

Republicans and Trump love to project. Here's a lesson, whatever they say is being done to get their voters worked up, most of the time is being done by themselves.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 04:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: Republicans are still being busted for voter fraud.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jay-ketcik-joan-halstead-and-john-rider-residents-of-the-villages-arrested-for-casting-multiple-2020-votes?source=twitter&via=desktop

Republicans and Trump love to project. Here's a lesson, whatever they say is being done to get their voters worked up, most of the time is being done by themselves.

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
Reply/Quote
Neo-cons: Election integrity is the most important issue.

Trump: Try voting twice.

Neo-cons: This man MUST be the face of our country.
Reply/Quote

[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 06:40 PM)GMDino Wrote:  

See, that’s the kinda shit you would expect from a state where everyone is smoking weed.

Reply/Quote
More proof that there is a small amount of voter fraud, they always get caught, and they are almost always republicans.

https://www.businessinsider.com/wife-of-iowa-republican-accused-of-casting-23-fraudulent-votes-2023-1

The wife of an Iowa Republican who ran for Congress in 2020 was arrested Thursday and accused of casting 23 fraudulent votes for her husband.

In an 11-page indictment, prosecutors say Kim Phuong Taylor "visited numerous households within the Vietnamese community in Woodbury County" where she collected absentee ballots for people who were not present at the time. Taylor, who was born in Vietnam, then filled out and cast those ballots herself, the indictment alleges, "causing the casting of votes in the names of residents who had no knowledge of and had not consented to the casting of their ballots."

Taylor is also accused of signing voter-registration forms on behalf of residents who were not present. In all, prosecutors charged her with 26 counts of providing false information in registering and voting, three counts of fraudulent registration, and 23 counts of fraudulent voting. Each charge carries a maximum five-year prison sentence.

The goal, prosecutors allege, was to get her husband, the Republican politician Jeremy Taylor, elected to public office.

Jeremy Taylor ran in the 2020 GOP primary for Iowa's 4th Congressional District, which at the time was represented by Steve King, a far-right politician with ties to white nationalists. Taylor ended up finishing third, garnering just over 6,400 votes.

He was more successful in the fall 2020 general election, where he ran as a Republican candidate for the Woodbury County Board of Supervisors. He serves as the board's vice chairperson. He did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The couple met while Jeremy Taylor was teaching at a university in Vietnam, according to his official biography. They have six children.

Kim Phuong Taylor's court-appointed attorney, John P. Greer, declined to comment on behalf of his client. According to court documents, she is out on bail.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 12:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: More proof that there is a small amount of voter fraud, they always get caught, and they are almost always republicans.

Voter ids would have prevented this.

Also fewer drop boxes.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 08:32 PM)Dill Wrote: Voter ids would have prevented this.

Also fewer drop boxes.

Or people not being idiots listening to idiots and 'testing' the system.

Reap what you sow, I guess.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:38 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Or people not being idiots listening to idiots and 'testing' the system.

Reap what you sow, I guess.

Sounds like you have a "leftist" bias. Cool
Reply/Quote
How would having fewer drop boxes prevent this?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 11:30 AM)Dill Wrote: Sounds like you have a "leftist" bias. Cool

If having the brains in my head to know that the system works despite what Faux News peddles, I'll take that as a compliment.
Reply/Quote
Mark Meadows voted twice. Once in VA and as an absentee in NC. He was Trump’s Chief of Staff, is he facing criminal prosecution?
Reply/Quote
My mom had dementia and was in a retirement home. She voted Republican all her life. Well, the workers brought in the ballots and helped them fill them out. Mom told me they told her to vote for Hillary so she did. This probably goes on a lot. And it seems to be Democrats so don't blame Republicans.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 07:11 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: My mom had dementia and was in a retirement home. She voted Republican all her life. Well, the workers brought in the ballots and helped them fill them out. Mom told me they told her to vote for Hillary so she did. This probably goes on a lot. And it seems to be Democrats so don't blame Republicans.

[Image: lies-liza.gif]
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote