Todd Haley
7.27%
4 7.27%
Total 55 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voting Thread: Pick the new HC
Thanks to everyone who provided their lists in the JN Game: Pick the new HC thread. 

I was going to take the top 5, but their were 6 names that received double digit mentions and 1 through 6 were only separated by 5 mentions, so very close. 

The 6 options to choose from- in this scenario - are all available and interested. Who gets your vote as the new HC and why?
Reply/Quote
My vote went to Josh McDaniels, although I really like Patricia as well.

I think McDaniels has grown a lot since his 1st run as a HC. I'm also intrigued by what he could do with this offense.
Reply/Quote
Wow, tough to consider, knowing full well how the organization likes to dabble heavily in running of the team, have final say in personnel decisions, etc. Unless the team were willing to turn over absolute control of football operations to football people, I would guess that many would be turned off by the Bengals organization.

With that in mind, I voted for Vance Joseph. He did an absolutely fine job coaching the secondary, and always struck me as a guy that can handle pressure and responsibility.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I went Joseph with McCarthy a close second

Still love dantonio tho...can't believe my single vote wasn't enough to get him into the poll lol
Reply/Quote
For me it was between McDaniels, Shannan, and Haley. Ended up going with McDaniels because I think he is a great offensive mind and his system would fit Andy skill sets perfectly.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I really, really want to pick McCarthy.....but I am picking Patricia. This defense is in need of some help, and I am willing to give Zamp another year of play calling duties.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2016, 09:03 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I really, really want to pick McCarthy.....but I am picking Patricia. This defense is in need of some help, and I am willing to give Zamp another year of play calling duties.

Had it not been for the Bengals management philosophy, I would have went Patricia.  However, coming from the model of organizational brilliance in New England, something tells me that he might be inclined to decline our fictional offer..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
McCarthy for me out of those choices. The only defensive coach I would be willing to consider would be Zimmer, but since that's not a choice, I am going for offense.

-The Bengals have crap LB, meh CB, and crap S.
-The Bengals have a good QB, good RBs, good WR (singular), and good TE (when healthy).

Play to the strengths and make the offense dominant.

I'm not really sure I get the love for Joseph. First year as a DC and his defense is ranked 20th in yards per game, and in a three way tie for 14th in points per game. Not terrible, but not enough from a first year DC to want to make him in charge of an entire team. They have Suh, Cameron Wake, Mario Williams, and a 2nd round pick on their DL and they're in a 5 way tie for 10th in sacks.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Why do people like McCarthy lol he's so lame. It's very hard for me to say exactly who I want. I know I want someone younger, who will stick around a while. I wouldn't be mad at any of these options, patricia,shanahan, Joseph, mcdaniels. Man don't know who I'd pick, I'm leaning towards Joseph, then patricia,then shanahan. I don't know nothing about Haley. I think coughlin looks too old for us. My fear is we'd hire someone else I hate like Mike shanahan, or promote one of our own scrubs.
Reply/Quote
http://www.wcpo.com/sports/football/bengals/former-bengals-assistant-coach-takes-partial-blame-for-meltdown-loss-to-steelers

Vance Joseph spoke volumes in a few quotes on accountability in this article. He's a young up and coming coach they tried to stash before, and he slides into a situation Mikey can still control...provided he doesn't get another job elsewhere. He'd be the ideal realistic candidate, especially with what he's done with Miami's pass defense.

If I were in charge I'd pay McCarthy and step back for him to run the show, but even if he'd consider Cincy he won't be fired IMO. McDaniels is still going to be a hot name. I'm anti Todd Haley just so I don't have to hear my family boast about Cincy having to pick from the Steelers to try and win, seriously. I'd be fine with Shannahan or Patricia, but I don't see a connection.
Reply/Quote
Matt Patricia. He's smart, has coached both sides of the ball, and has been under the best coach in the history of the NFL for years. And we all know Darth Hoodie doesn't mess around. If a player/coach isn't getting it done they don't last in NE. I'm suprised there hasn't been more interest in him as a HC. Someone is going snatch him up soon though.

Reply/Quote
Vance Joseph. I think he's best equipped to deal with the BS that is the bengals FO.

Don't want anything to do with that human trash pile Todd Haley.
Reply/Quote
I went with Haley. He has great insight over your rival, and he also is a fantastic offensive mind that knows the importance of running the ball, having outlet receivers, and attacking opposing defenses. I wonder who he would hire as DC?

I still want Harbaugh, but of the list you provided, I would say Haley.

My guess is he has matured quite a bit since his first HC gig. A lot of coaches learned from their first go around as HC.
Reply/Quote
Where's the Marvin Lewis option?

We all know he will be "reinventing" his coaching staff and roster, so it's pretty much like having a brand team!

Not to mention, it will save Mike Brown lots of cool cash in the end and give ol' Marv one last shot at a ring!
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2016, 09:55 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Where's the Marvin Lewis option?

We all know he will be "reinventing" his coaching staff and roster, so it's pretty much like having a brand team!

Not to mention, it will save Mike Brown lots of cool cash in the end and give ol' Marv one last shot at a ring!

Been there, done that. Hasn't worked.

Reply/Quote
Went with Matt Patricia the defense needs to be revived.. Although I'm really skeptical about hiring coordinators from NE cause they rarely turn out good.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2016, 11:28 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Went with Matt Patricia the defense needs to be revived.. Although I'm really skeptical about hiring coordinators from NE cause they rarely turn out good.

First time for everything. 

And guess what else he has experience coaching? Oline! He seems like just what the doctor ordered for the areas this team is struggling. 

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2016, 11:46 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: First time for everything. 

And guess what else he has experience coaching? Oline! He seems like just what the doctor ordered for the areas this team is struggling. 

Cool

It's time to pull the trigger.
Reply/Quote
I went with McDaniels. I would love to see what he can do with Dalton, Green, and Eifert.
Reply/Quote
In the end i voted for Matt Patricia, i want a younger coach and this guy has worked under the best.

The most realistic is Joseph, but he has not done all too great in Miami.

McDaniels would be my 2nd choice, McCarthy or Fox would be good guys with experience.

Coughlin i wanted years ago, he is getting up there now though in age.
Reply/Quote