Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Votto back and Peraza to AAA, Scooter Cut
This could be a strong indication that they are moving on fro Peraza.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 07:57 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: This could be a strong indication that they are moving on fro Peraza.

My guess is it had more to do with who could be sent straight to Louisville without having to be put on waivers first. He'll be back up when he's eligible on September 6 unless an injury occurs.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 08:11 PM)cinci4life Wrote: My guess is it had more to do with who could be sent straight to Louisville without having to be put on waivers first. He'll be back up when he's eligible on September 6 unless an injury occurs.

I agree that he will be back up in September. If the Reds have Iglesias, Galvis and JVM next year, I don’t see a spot for Peraza on the team. Do you? That would mean resigning Iglesias. Peraza would supersub if Iglesias isn’t resigned and JVM would if Iglesias stays. Would they think about adding Scooter again?
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 07:57 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: This could be a strong indication that they are moving on fro Peraza.

Peraza is eligible for arbitration this year so a lot probably depends on that. If he gets a very big raise I doubt they try and keep him. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 08:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Peraza is eligible for arbitration this year so a lot probably depends on that. If he gets a very big raise I doubt they try and keep him. 

I wonder what Scooter could be had for? He had 2 great years before this year. He shouldn’t cost much but the Reds will probably want to go in another direction.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 09:34 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I wonder what Scooter could be had for? He had 2 great years before this year. He shouldn’t cost much but the Reds will probably want to go in another direction.

Hard to say what his salary demand would be.  Perhaps, being on a team like the Reds was comfortable for him?  It's weird that a guy gets cut, less than 30 days after being traded for.  Maybe the West Coast life, and culture in San Francisco just didn't work well for him?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 09:34 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I wonder what Scooter could be had for? He had 2 great years before this year. He shouldn’t cost much but the Reds will probably want to go in another direction.

(08-27-2019, 09:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hard to say what his salary demand would be.  Perhaps, being on a team like the Reds was comfortable for him?  It's weird that a guy gets cut, less than 30 days after being traded for.  Maybe the West Coast life, and culture in San Francisco just didn't work well for him?

Scooter is one of those guys that you can't help but like and pull for. I wouldn't mind seeing him back, he's just 29.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 09:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hard to say what his salary demand would be.  Perhaps, being on a team like the Reds was comfortable for him?  It's weird that a guy gets cut, less than 30 days after being traded for.  Maybe the West Coast life, and culture in San Francisco just didn't work well for him?

The one thing I know is that Scooter didn’t get too many AB’s in the minors before getting thrown to the wolves this year, that would have been his spring training. He was rushed back and then played sporadically. I’m not sure how he was used with the Giants, was he ever really 100%?
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 09:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Scooter is one of those guys that you can't help but like and pull for. I wouldn't mind seeing him back, he's just 29.

In 2700 AB’s, he’s a .286 career hitter. Al Bundy may have scored 4 Touchdowns in a game but Scooter Gennett once hit 4 Homeruns in a game, not too shabby!
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 01:46 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: In 2700 AB’s, he’s a .286 career hitter. Al Bundy may have scored 4 Touchdowns in a game but Scooter Gennett once hit 4 Homeruns in a game, not too shabby!

I mean yes with a full year to recover and a full spring training I can't really imagine he wouldn't a least be a good bench/spot starting player. And I'd guess the price would be right.
Reply/Quote
Scooter was a bit of a late bloomer but he was no "one year wonder". He had back-to-back very good seasons before the injury.
Reply/Quote
I see loyalty is now gone in sports as well. Play well and you stay. Slack and they cut you. No patience for a slump or bad period. Society seems to no longer be loyal to those hard workers of the past.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I watched a few plays of Puig and Scooter for a bit after the trades and I remember the Giants announcers kind of making small cracks about his throwing motion. I wonder if his poor arm came into play for a team trying to make a run for the Wild Card.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote