Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
W/L 2021 Season
(01-05-2021, 10:00 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Knowing the opponents for the 2021 season, what do you guys predict for wins/losses?

With Lou returning and the offensive juggernauts we face, I see 4 wins +/- 2 either way. Regardless the schedule is brutal and we are looking at another losing season. Again there is not much hope when we return a coach with 6 wins in 2 seasons and a DC who allows a defense to give up 400 yards rushing.

If Zac Taylor is HC and doesn't just up and quit, which is what he should do, then I say 4-6 wins. The wheels will come off again, just like the last two years. But don't fret, the excuse makers will line up to explain it all away, just like the last two years.

If a real HC and coordinators comes in, then I'll say 9-11 wins.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 01:27 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmmm, ok early take here...

HOME
Baltimore Ravens W
Cleveland Browns W
Green Bay Packers L
Kansas City Chiefs L
Los Angeles Chargers W
Minnesota Vikings W
Pittsburgh Steelers L
Jacksonville Jaguars W

AWAY
Baltimore Ravens L
Chicago Bears L
Cleveland Browns L
Denver Broncos W
Detroit Lions W
Las Vegas Raiders L
Pittsburgh Steelers L
New York Jets W

So I guess I'm thinking 8-8 at the moment, but this depends on Burrow playing from day 1.  If Burrow misses games to start the season I can see us starting off in a hole and morale dropping and leading to another ZT-style record.

Gotta remember that 2021 is the beginning of the 17 game schedule. So our 17th game will be against San Francisco. I believe you'll only be able to achieve a .500 record if you go 8-8-1.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 01:59 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Gotta remember that 2021 is the beginning of the 17 game schedule. So our 17th game will be against San Francisco. I believe you'll only be able to achieve a .500 record if you go 8-8-1.

8-8-1 it is, then!
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 12:10 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Really? 

That is why I don't give Stefanski so much credit for a 1 year turnaround.

He took over a loaded team. ZT took over a team that ML dismantled.

Stefanski took over a 6 win team.

Taylor took over a 6 win team.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 02:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Stefanski took over a 6 win team.

Taylor took over a 6 win team.

Yep, exact same situation.  Same exact level of talent and everything.  You’re totally right.  Gosh you’re good.
Reply/Quote
Barring them going all-in on top end OL FA this offseason: 5-11, 5-12 if it's a 17 game season.

1/2 game improvement over 2020 gives Zac Taylor a 4th year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
If we get Burrow back + an o line 8-8
Reply/Quote
With the same HC, DC and OC coming back next year, I honestly only see 2 wins - Jaguars and Jets. Changing position coaches is not going to change anything if they are taking orders from the coordinators and head coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 01:27 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmmm, ok early take here...

HOME
Baltimore Ravens W
Cleveland Browns W
Green Bay Packers L
Kansas City Chiefs L
Los Angeles Chargers W
Minnesota Vikings W
Pittsburgh Steelers L
Jacksonville Jaguars W

AWAY
Baltimore Ravens L
Chicago Bears L
Cleveland Browns L
Denver Broncos W
Detroit Lions W
Las Vegas Raiders L
Pittsburgh Steelers L
New York Jets W

So I guess I'm thinking 8-8 at the moment, but this depends on Burrow playing from day 1.  If Burrow misses games to start the season I can see us starting off in a hole and morale dropping and leading to another ZT-style record.

If Burrow is back I think we beat the Packers, and we split or sweep the Stealers next year. 10-11 wins.
Reply/Quote
7-10

Reply/Quote
Burrow is the x factor here, if we don't see him start for the first month, and we haven't signed a dependable vet QB( let's be honest if its win now for Zac and can he do that with Allen and Finley?) till he is ready. Does the FO give this coaching staff more leeway

This schedule is brutal for a last placed team including arguably one of the consistently toughest divisions in football. I don't think we win any more than 4/5 games. Zac is going to have to earn his corn with the added pressure of the hot seat on top of that, if we replace Lou with say Zimmer( for argument sake or another coach with head coaching experience in a positional role) then that is more added pressure. This coaching staff now has to find a solution that they haven't found in two seasons and quick. Hope am wrong but I see another high draft pick coming.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 11:28 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Well, if the Browns can win 10 games with the team they have this year, I'm thinking the Bengals get OL help and win 10 next year.

we find new guys calling plays on both sides of the ball?
Reply/Quote
My not so expert opinion.

Home:
Ravens - L
Browns - W
Packers - L
Chiefs - L
Chargers - W
Vikings - W
Steelers - L
Jaguars - W

Away:
Ravens - L
Bears - L
Browns - L
Broncos - L
Lions - W
Raiders - L
Steelers - L
Jets - W

6 wins which I think is generous, but I'm trusting Burrow. I reminded myself that Zac has an embarrassingly awful road coaching record.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 09:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: If Burrow is back I think we beat the Packers, and we split or sweep the Stealers next year. 10-11 wins.

What on God's green earth makes you think this team can win 10 or 11 games next year?? 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 10:31 AM)Fullrock Wrote: What on God's green earth makes you think this team can win 10 or 11 games next year?? 

Every team turns a corner. This was Burrow's first year, and he made a lot of mistakes he won't do again. Injuries absolutely devastated the defense this year. Say what you want about every team has injuries, but this year was ridiculous. At midseason, Burrow and the offense were putting up 30 points per game, and word from the team is the oline is going to be heavily addressed in FA. That means better run game and more time for Burrow to throw. As many losses as we had this year, many of them were one score or less losses, and some would have been wins except for crap calls. For all the whining and hand wringing that goes on here, this team is not that far off.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 10:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Every team turns a corner. This was Burrow's first year, and he made a lot of mistakes he won't do again. Injuries absolutely devastated the defense this year. Say what you want about every team has injuries, but this year was ridiculous. At midseason, Burrow and the offense were putting up 30 points per game, and word from the team is the oline is going to be heavily addressed in FA. That means better run game and more time for Burrow to throw. As many losses as we had this year, many of them were one score or less losses, and some would have been wins except for crap calls. For all the whining and hand wringing that goes on here, this team is not that far off.

we were bad before the injuries 

We have talent just no one that knows how to use it.
Reply/Quote

Oh, please.

Stefanski took over a 6-10 team, same as Zac Taylor took over a 6-10 team.

I suppose if you want to argue the Browns were younger, or had more room to grow, you could argue that.  But even that is a tough sell.

To label one 6-10 team as "loaded" and another 6-10 team as "dismantled" shows you have a clear agenda, and aren't at all looking at having a rational discussion about anything that pertains to this team.

In what ways, specifically, did Marvin Lewis "dismantle" his team?  Tell me.  List out some examples.
Reply/Quote

Marvin never had a run like this. This team would have won 7 or 8 games with him as HC. I'm pretty sure. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
People putting their faith in Burrow turning this around. I thought we established in 2020 Burrow with the 2-7-1 record couldn't save us?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 12:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: People putting their faith in Burrow turning this around. I thought we established in 2020 Burrow with the 2-7-1 record couldn't save us?

Yeah, some of you gave up on him in his rookie season. Some of us didn't.
Reply/Quote