Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
WAPO called out for huge lie...again
(11-22-2023, 12:46 AM)basballguy Wrote: If your boss asks you on Monday if you finished that PowerPoint and you say yes…knowing full well it’s not done but you’ll have it done in a few more days, is that a lie or a premature commitment?

At best it’s being unnecessarily deceptive.  

Considering they got at least one fact wrong and missed by several days, and got called out by the WH….it’s looking like lying to me…

If your boss asks you if your team will  have finished the PowerPoint by the meeting, and you ask them and they say we are close, so you check with others involved and they all say it is almost done and you report back that the team will have a PowerPoint at the next meeting...is that a lie?  You reported back what you were told by multiple sources.

If he asks, before the meeting, to see it and finds out it is not 100% finished yet did you lie?  

A lie would be reporting the election was stolen because of the manufacturers of the voting machines when you know for a fact that is not true at all but you keep repeating it.

Not all reporting will be 100% correct, even with the best sources.

I agree there is a rush to "be first", that has been going on for decades now, but the fact that they are getting to ready to vote on the deal a few days later does not make this a lie.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Comparing a deal implying two opposites factions in WAR and human beings involved to a Powerpoint in a meeting is so on point ...

Congrats for this condensed diplomatic lesson.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Hey Luvnit,

Fox News claimed the car that exploded at the Rainbow Bridge was filled with explosives and driven by terrorist. Turns out it was a husband and wife drivng their $300,000 Bentley and who were involved in an accident.

Was that a lie or simply trusting their source?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 08:50 PM)pally Wrote: Hey Luvnit,

Fox News claimed the car that exploded at the Rainbow Bridge was filled with explosives and driven by terrorist.  Turns out it was a husband and wife drivng their $300,000 Bentley and who were involved in an accident.

They would have loved it so much ... Next time maybe ? 

Who cares to be honest, the important thing is to blame Biden. They don't give a damn about facts, like their viewers.

They might lie on daily basis, they are better people than us. And God is on their side. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 10:30 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: This thread is hilarious.

Onion level like : Dude who makes 30 propaganda posts by day is outraged someone else is lying.
I view most of his threads as a mixture of free unintentional comedy and sadness.

Not sure how many here are old enough to remember the old ''Keyboard Warrior'' website in the pioneer days of the internet. Every single time he starts a new thread, I picture the old Klaxon page. From about 25 years ago . . .

[Image: klaxon.jpg]
WARNING!!! YOU MUST READ THIS!!! Klaxon, the internet Chicken Little, raises the alarm for each and every paranoid conspiracy theory, Federal Big-Brother scheme, internet hoax, and latest computer virus. No black helicopter alert is so ludicrous, no urban legend so implausible, that he will not pass it along as accepted fact (in ALL CAPS with multiple exclamation marks). Congratulations, you are recipient 16,747 of today's Urban Myth. CAUTION: Evil Clown or even Klaxon himself may sometimes spread false alarms just to stir up trouble.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 05:57 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I view most of his threads as a mixture of free unintentional comedy and sadness.

Not sure how many here are old enough to remember the old ''Keyboard Warrior'' website in the pioneer days of the internet. Every single time he starts a new thread, I picture the old Klaxon page. From about 25 years ago . . .

[Image: klaxon.jpg]
WARNING!!! YOU MUST READ THIS!!! Klaxon, the internet Chicken Little, raises the alarm for each and every paranoid conspiracy theory, Federal Big-Brother scheme, internet hoax, and latest computer virus. No black helicopter alert is so ludicrous, no urban legend so implausible, that he will not pass it along as accepted fact (in ALL CAPS with multiple exclamation marks). Congratulations, you are recipient 16,747 of today's Urban Myth. CAUTION: Evil Clown or even Klaxon himself may sometimes spread false alarms just to stir up trouble.

And subtle as an obese bull. 

Happy Birthday for your 81st birthday ( EIGHTY ONE YEAR ( he's old folks, did you get it ? ))

Makes my day everytime. 

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2023, 08:50 PM)pally Wrote: Hey Luvnit,

Fox News claimed the car that exploded at the Rainbow Bridge was filled with explosives and driven by terrorist.  Turns out it was a husband and wife drivng their $300,000 Bentley and who were involved in an accident.

[Image: monophy.gif]
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Hamas and Israel reached a 4 days ceasefire with the help of Qatar, USA and Egypt.

Sounds like the HUGE lie wasn't that huge ...

The Powerpoint finally reached the boss's desk.

Reply/Quote
Looks like someone jumped the gun a little too early......just like that there WAPO reporter.
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 06:39 PM)jmccracky Wrote: Looks like someone jumped the gun a little too early......just like that there WAPO reporter.

at least the WAPO reporter was pretty accurate in his too early story.  The Fox News guy...not so much

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 09:06 PM)pally Wrote: at least the WAPO reporter was pretty accurate in his too early story.  The Fox News guy...not so much

Yeah, I was being facetious with the second line in my post. Like....I can't wait for the OP's response. The explanation is gonna be full of some mind wizardry, I'm sure. No one admits when they are wrong anymore. Just come up with some BS.  Hilarious
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 10:15 PM)jmccracky Wrote: Yeah, I was being facetious with the second line in my post. Like....I can't wait for the OP's response. The explanation is gonna be full of some mind wizardry, I'm sure. No one admits when they are wrong anymore. Just come up with some BS.  Hilarious

He'll not respond to the original post being entirely wrong, but share Foxx's new spin or just make another hysteria thread.  gotta move on to the next propaganda.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Thirteen Israelis were released today, as well as twelve Thai and one Filipino. I haven't seen anything on the identity of the Israelis released. I'm betting it's going to be older people and children.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2023, 02:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Thirteen Israelis were released today, as well as twelve Thai and one Filipino.  I haven't seen anything on the identity of the Israelis released.  I'm betting it's going to be older people and children.

It was mostly older women and children with the mothers of the children included and the middle aged daughters of a couple of the older ladies.

Apparently, there is a large number of Thai migrant workers who were taken hostage.  Thai citizens were the second largest group after Israelis

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2023, 03:02 PM)pally Wrote: It was mostly older women and children with the mothers of the children included and the middle aged daughters of a couple of the older ladies.

Apparently, there is a large number of Thai migrant workers who were taken hostage.  Thai citizens were the second largest group after Israelis

As I suspected, and feared.  I'm increasingly convinced that none of the young women taken will ever be returned alive.  Not to say I'm not thrilled for the people who were released.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2023, 03:18 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: As I suspected, and feared.  I'm increasingly convinced that none of the young women taken will ever be returned alive.  Not to say I'm not thrilled for the people who were released.

There are reasons beyond just the ones you are thinking of. With Israeli conscription laws, young women are likely to be joining the fight against Hamas and so they would be lower on the list to release.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2023, 03:23 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: There are reasons beyond just the ones you are thinking of. With Israeli conscription laws, young women are likely to be joining the fight against Hamas and so they would be lower on the list to release.

Yes, that occurred to me as well.  Sadly, I do not think it is a primary, or even secondary, reason for the fact that none of them have been released.  I highly doubt anyone taken hostage would be required to get back to active service anytime soon.  I would think they'd go required to go through extensive psychological counseling before being allowed to resume active duty wartime service.  Unless the need was dire, of course.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2023, 02:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Thirteen Israelis were released today, as well as twelve Thai and one Filipino.  I haven't seen anything on the identity of the Israelis released.  I'm betting it's going to be older people and children.

Unfortunately, some media will react like this was something great. Like you, I'm glad for those released, but I honestly don't see this as anything short of an insult.

(11-24-2023, 05:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yes, that occurred to me as well.  Sadly, I do not think it is a primary, or even secondary, reason for the fact that none of them have been released.  I highly doubt anyone taken hostage would be required to get back to active service anytime soon.  I would think they'd go required to go through extensive psychological counseling before being allowed to resume active duty wartime service.  Unless the need was dire, of course.

You may be right, but I think with the current state of Israeli affairs, I'll lean towards your last sentence as the approach.  I feel they desperately want to end this thing quickly and permanently. I'm surprised their was any negotiating or any cease fire at all. The longer this war lasts, the weaker Israel seems. For a country surrounded by Muslims who want to see them destroyed, this doesn't work in their favor at all.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There are more releases to come so lets not jump to any conclusions quite yet.

Reply/Quote